Skip to main content
Topic: Lyon V Brownless Stoush (Read 58850 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Lyon V Brownless Stoush

Reply #15
It will be interesting to see how Ch 9 report on this...

**Double Standards Alert**
"...that's the thing about opinion - you don't have to know anything to have one..."  Andre Agassi commenting on Pat Cash 2004
"...the less you know - the more you believe..." - Bono 2006

Reply #17
If Ch 9 remain consistent with their sympathy for mental health victims, we should see Garry Lyon as a Street Talk regular for many months...
"...that's the thing about opinion - you don't have to know anything to have one..."  Andre Agassi commenting on Pat Cash 2004
"...the less you know - the more you believe..." - Bono 2006

Reply #18
The reports indicate that Lyon stepped down LP, not that he was stood down.

Brownless and his wife split up well over six months ago and Brownless has acknowledged that his 'life in the fast lane' was the cause. 

I think you're right to question whether there's a link between Lyon's condition, the 'deeply private matter' and Brownless's marriage break up.

Joining the dots a certain way says Lyons mental condition might be some camouflage for another health issue, been plenty of rumours regarding GL over the years....

Reply #19
Joining the dots a certain way says Lyons mental condition might be some camouflage for another health issue, been plenty of rumours regarding GL over the years....

Stop speculating EB  ;)

It's hard isn't it?
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #20
Didn't he write a cartoon book, Eckie McGee

Reply #21

Gary 'El Chapo' Lyon?
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #22
As soon as it's a 'mental health' issue it becomes shrouded in mystery. If it was a cancer (or other physical issue)it'd be identified immediately.

So now everyone speculates and wonders what a 'serious mental health' issue means. Has he had a psychotic episode? Severe depression bordering on suicide? A personality disorder? These are 'serious mental health' issues. And what does this serious issue have to do with Brownless... and wives?

Is Gary Lyon on suicide watch in a psych ward? The drama of the report would suggest so.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #24
If Lyon & Brownless are exiting The Footy Show, then they may as well boot Newman as well and do a complete "reset", that show is in dire need of a make-over.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #25
If Lyon & Brownless are exiting The Footy Show, then they may as well boot Newman as well and do a complete "reset", that show is in dire need of a make-over.

As is the studio audience and viewing public  :)

It could be a great opportunity to create a new show without the schoolboy humour, bigoted rants and over-inflated personalities.

“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #26

Ye Sheikness... the following has nothing to do with your post.

Imagine my surprise, as my stay in NZ draws to a close, when I am walking down one of the trendiest streets in Wellington (Cuba st.) and I see your avatar in a shop window! Yep, the original album cover of Frank Zappa's 'Sheik Yerbouti' or, whatever! There was the album in mint condition for sale!!!!!!
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #27
Ye Sheikness... the following has nothing to do with your post.

Imagine my surprise, as my stay in NZ draws to a close, when I am walking down one of the trendiest streets in Wellington (Cuba st.) and I see your avatar in a shop window! Yep, the original album cover of Frank Zappa's 'Sheik Yerbouti' or, whatever! There was the album in mint condition for sale!!!!!!

That would have been both a scary and comforting experience Baggers!  Did you buy the album?

Reply #28
I am 50+ and come from Ballarat, and went to St Alipius. If you are remotely informed you will understand what this means. I really hope that the "mental health issues" is not smoke and mirrors for some bullcrape celebrity crap.
Last year my best mate killed himself, last week another one chose that path. This is no joke boys, good men in that town, and others , are killing themselves in droves and there seems nothing can be done.
Some friends of mine and myself have created a trust to help men with kids at school (in our case St Pats Ballarat) with a mental health illness should they need it (books, uniform, camps, fees, counselling, etc), we have a business breakfast for the 29/7, Mona will MC the gig and Prof Julian Mc Gory (Headspace/Aust of the Year) as key note.
We have buried at least 12 from our year of '81 to suicide, at least 8 from the f#$%ing clergy, the others just couldn't go on, divorce's booze, drugs etc.
I am currently talking to three old boys on the edge, one had the vacuum cleaner's hose attached to the exhaust pipe, he just couldn't turn the car on. There are others, one really high profile identity who is really doing it hard, we are very worried, and everyone knows him.
Bit of advice keep an eye on your mates, 23% of ALL school children have a parent with a mental health diagnosis (how many undiagnosed???) that's a quarter of every classroom in Australia, and it is real my friends, cause I am one of them......
I was there, Blight missed!!!

Reply #29
And that worm Pell can't even give the victims the satisfaction of seeing him answer questions in person ...

I'd hope no one is minimising mental health issues.  Rather, most suspect that Lyon doesn't deserve to use that phrase when there are many who deserve our sympathy much more, including you and your former schoolmates. Reactive depression resulting from being caught doing something dishonourable or illegal doesn't compare at all with the situation you've described.  It might lead to suicidal feelings, however, and obviously at that level it needs to be addressed.