Skip to main content
Topic: Las Vegas Mass Shooting (Read 26228 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Las Vegas Mass Shooting

Reply #45
The fallback position has been provided by the NRA and Trump trotted it out dutifully: this was an act of pure evil and no one can stop evil.  The only one to blame is the evil-doer.

Some creative conservatives have added a few flourishes to that line, like this televangelist:
TV preacher Pat Robertson says the massacre in Las Vegas was caused by lack of respect for President Donald Trump, protests during the national anthem and the country having no “vision of God.”

“There is profound disrespect for our president, all across this nation they say terrible things about him,” the televangelist and former presidential candidate said on “The 700 Club” on Monday. “It’s in the news, it’s in other places.”

Robertson went on:

“There is disrespect now for our national anthem, disrespect for our veterans, disrespect for the institutions of our government, disrespect for the court system. All the way up and down the line, disrespect.”
He also blamed the lack of “biblical authority” and “some controlling authority in our society.”

“When there is no vision of God, the people run amok,” he said in the clip, posted online by Right Wing Watch. “And we have taken from the American people the vision of God, the whole idea of reward and punishment, an ultimate judge of all our actions, we’ve taken that away. When there is no vision of God, the people run amok.”
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/pat-robertson-las-vegas-massacre_us_59d2e869e4b048a44324a6bb

Reply #46
Looks like a classic false flag psyop to me.

Not for a second saying no one died, but 23 odd weapons into the hotel; cops taking well over an hour to locate him and plenty of seemingly credible stuff suggesting there was a second shooter....

hmmm.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #47
If thus guy "snapped", why the meticulous planning? Doesn't sound like a spur of the moment act.

Good point. I fear there may be a lot more to it than that.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #48

Not for a second saying no one died, but 23 odd weapons into the hotel; cops taking well over an hour to locate him and plenty of seemingly credible stuff suggesting there was a second shooter....

hmmm.

If seen footage that has both two guns audible and flashes coming from quite a few stories down and in a different wing of the hotel.

It's possible that it is a false flag.

The fallback position has been provided by the NRA and Trump trotted it out dutifully: this was an act of pure evil and no one can stop evil.  The only one to blame is the evil-doer.

Some creative conservatives have added a few flourishes to that line, like this televangelist:

Irrespective of the gun laws I tried to make a point like this.

The gun laws need to change.

That I won't dispute.

Irrespective of that there are a few things that won't change. People shooting others.  The obtained illegal firearms will still be available,  but they will require more planning to obtain.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #49

hmmm.

Reading too much into it FB.

One bloke with a high powered rifle converted to automatic and firing down into a crowded concert is all you need to kill and maim so many people.  Thankfully, the gunman didn't have a military background and didn't have a fireplan that would have resulted in the slaughter of even more innocent concert goers.

Pinpointing a shooter in a high rise building is not an easy task, particularly when the circumstances are chaotic and self-preservation is front of mind.

Suggestions that the shooter "snapped" may well be correct but, if so, the "snap" happened well before he acquired his arsenal and set up his firing point.  It clearly wasn't a spur of the moment action but was a carefully planned act of terror.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #50
Thryleon, the old saying is that all evil needs to prevail is for good men to do nothing.  And the conservatives are saying good men can do nothing to stop evil.  Interesting juxtaposition there. 

Of course, the conservatives have a way of dealing with it.  Prayer.  For instance, did you know you can pray the gay away?  It's that simple!

But Pat Robertson is onto something.  Disrespecting POTUS, the court system and institutions of Government creates havoc.  Except when Trump promoted the birther movement to delegitimise Obama, said Judge Curiel couldn't judge him because he was Mexican and tries to ride roughshod over Congress.  Because that's different.

Reply #51
If seen footage that has both two guns audible and flashes coming from quite a few stories down and in a different wing of the hotel.

It's possible that it is a false flag.
The Hotel's windows couldn't be opened.  That's why the shooter knocked holes in them, apparently with a hammer-type object he brought with him.  The holes were clearly visible in photos and video taken after the shooting.  AFAIK, no other smashed windows were observed.  That puts that issue to bed, doesn't it?

Reply #52
The Hotel's windows couldn't be opened.  That's why the shooter knocked holes in them, apparently with a hammer-type object he brought with him.  The holes were clearly visible in photos and video taken after the shooting.  AFAIK, no other smashed windows were observed.  That puts that issue to bed, doesn't it?

If you say so

Paul Hewson

Reply #53
I'm open to suggestions.  But the reporting so far does allege that the hotel's windows couldn't be opened.  Given many guests might lose the shirts off their backs in the gaming areas, that's probably a wise decision.

Reply #54

Not really Mav, wasn't there a grassy knoll nearby?
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #55
 :))
Or maybe those damn Russians are at it again ...

Reply #56
From what I understand, this shooter must have been extremely skilled to have killed and wounded 573 people at a distance of 400 or so yards in the time alleged by the police? Be interested to see how this unfolds.

Reply #57
He had lots of bullets...and he was firing them pretty fast.

I'm not a fan of conspiracy theories.
For mass events too many people would have to be in on them...and some would surely talk.
People guess and propose theories....but nothing has been proved (moon landing, 9/11)...just questions asked.

In this case what would
a) Be the purpose of a cover up/conspiracy?
b) Why target C&W fans?
c) Why would "more than one shooter" be kept quiet...if there's another mad-man out there surely that would be important to know?
d) With a number of agencies involved in the investigation which is the alleged "holder back of information"...because you cant have an official cover-up without officials being involved?

Reply #58
I don't know.

I just share what I have seen.

The questions are a bit wrong though Lods.

Its not about what is to gain from this being a hoax.  The question is, what is going on elsewhere that this needs to bump off the paper.

Like I said, Ive seen the flashes and heard the audio.  It could be explained by someone taking photos, or perhaps someone else firing back up at the shooter and the audio could be an echo, but odds are we will never know any different.

Paul Hewson

Reply #59
He had lots of bullets...and he was firing them pretty fast.

I'm not a fan of conspiracy theories.
For mass events too many people would have to be in on them...and some would surely talk.
People guess and propose theories....but nothing has been proved (moon landing, 9/11)...just questions asked.

In this case what would
a) Be the purpose of a cover up/conspiracy?
b) Why target C&W fans?
c) Why would "more than one shooter" be kept quiet...if there's another mad-man out there surely that would be important to know?
d) With a number of agencies involved in the investigation which is the alleged "holder back of information"...because you cant have an official cover-up without officials being involved?

Is there a conspiracy theory about this one Lods - what have you heard?