Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Permutation: AFL Rd 12: Carlton vs Fremantle (Read 14823 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Permutation: AFL Rd 12: Carlton vs Fremantle

Reply #165
Found this, looks in the back to me.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/videos/afl/casboult-snaps-carltons-first-goal/ckdvjxh1b004r0glkvitmc7pq

The other angle shows Casboult's left hand into his side and pushes Lobb to the side - notice Lobb isn't sent flying forwards but gets spun and ends up facing Casboult?

Reply #166
At least half a yard plus Murph no longer seems to have the quick acceleration he used to have.
I think he accelerates just fine as he opens a gap, nearly always gets a few quick steps in then gets closed down, I think it is because he has lost some top speed rather than acceleration.

Interesting by comparison, I think Cripps has gained some acceleration but hasn't really gained any top speed.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #167
Just looking at the reserves highlights. We managed some of the easiest goal I've ever seen a Carlton team kick. Almost all were from the square. It would be really nice if we could replicate that in the seniors!

There were 2 long bombs from Moore from his own clearances from the ruck. Most impressive. Pity he can't do that in the seniors either!
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #168
The footy gods owed us that one so I’m not in the camp that we were lucky but rather we were unlucky early controlled the game but could t finish off and then ended it with a kick that was pure gold.

Was a crap game crap skills and we had a lot of blokes that were not playing anywhere near their best yet IMO we were the better team for most of the night just didn’t put it on the scoreboard.
Sometimes you win ugly that’s what good teams do. Looking at this one positively we deserved the small win and have tons of upside.

Bring on GC reckon our boys will be very keen to show the football world we are further advanced then they are.

And so we should be.

Reply #169
We deserved to win this win about as much as we did last week.

The only difference is, that a real side would have put Freo away with 10 minutes to go when we kicked all those behinds.

we really failed to pile on the scoring when we needed to, which made it much closer than it should have been.

Freo were crap.  They got 2 free goals from non existant frees, and the final free kick was the karma bus hitting them, not us getting one we were owed.  We bank the 4 points, and that game was almost as dissapointing as the Hawthorn game for mine.

IMHO, we need to start taking our chances, and the magnifying glass needs to be on Cripps for his ability to take a regulation shot for goal, and impersonate Levi from a few years back when he was as unreliable as a broken watch.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #170
Fair enough Baggers (and EB) ... I just thought it was a monumentally clumsy attempt and of course we all know he shirks nothing.
Cap, No criticism of Cripps, most players have a moment like that in their career and you wont see that again probably ever but it goes to show its an easy thing to do when the the pressure is on and how the cameras capture everything so players who struggle consistently in that area or have been branded as suspect wont get much breathing space from scrutiny as there are more eyes watching and technology is everywhere recording every second.

Reply #171
Even Cripps got nailed the previous week when he pulled up short to mark the ball.
Is that the one that went over his head, he was running with the flight?

In fairness to Cripps I thought he turned into a face full of pelting rain and glaring stadium lights, and lost the footy in flight.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #172
A lot of talk about who should have taken the last kick.  In the mayhem that was happening, the umpire making the decision probably was looking for a Fremantle player, being unaware of the downfield free kick.  To then try to work out who the closest Blues player was is much harder as they have moved around.  It is easy to look at a screen after the event to see whose kick it was and where it should have been taken from.

In terms of the defence of Brayshaw - he was in the air, there was nothing he could do - how does that matter? It was late  Given the couple of in the back frees we had given away in the last quarter (correct decisions) a bit of consistency means it had to be paid.  Love the commentators trying to defend Brayshaw on that.

I think that Docherty did see Brayshaw and it affected his kick, which was probably a good thing, otherwise it would have just been a bomb into our forward line that we wouldn't have marked or roved.

So glad we won after again trying so hard not to!

Reply #173
Is that the one that went over his head, he was running with the flight?

In fairness to Cripps I thought he turned into a face full of pelting rain and glaring stadium lights, and lost the footy in flight.

Nuh, wasn't that one. It was almost in the goal square and he was virtually stationary.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #174
we go for the quick kick because our mids are to slow and our fwds don't lead anyway  so this has been happening for years.Need to recruit quick mids that can seperate from the pack hit up on the lead .(fwd coach)

Reply #175
This ultra close scrutiny of a players every move makes me nervous and must be very disconcerting for the players.  Have we been in lockdown too long?? 🤔

If I was a player I would stay the fck away from social media, in the fact the media in general. I wouldn't read a damn thing. The only opinions that would matter to me would be my team mates and coaches.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #176
This ultra close scrutiny of a players every move makes me nervous and must be very disconcerting for the players.  Have we been in lockdown too long?? 🤔

I like the way supporters are able to divine players' intentions, thought processes, instructions, roles, intestinal fortitude, application, motivation, etc ... but it's all good fun  :)

On another matter, I'm rapt that Cottrell made his debut and got to back it up.  He did some good things and his goal was great but I'm not sure how he could be among our best players with just 4 effective disposals  :-\
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #177
Just looking at the reserves highlights. We managed some of the easiest goal I've ever seen a Carlton team kick. Almost all were from the square. It would be really nice if we could replicate that in the seniors!

There were 2 long bombs from Moore from his own clearances from the ruck. Most impressive. Pity he can't do that in the seniors either!
Also alot of that work was either done or initiated by dominant Moore. Pity he contributed zero in two games in the 1's. We have a long history of guys dominating in the 2's only to being nothing more than witches hats upon promotion. I guess this year is particularly challenging with the scratch matches. This reinforces the need for a competitive and standalone reserves team that is in sync with 1's coaching and game plan.

2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #178
Does anyone else think Cripps look sore? I mean he's looked sore all year. Massive bandage on his knee and sore back. May be making excuses but he clearly looks sore to me.

Reply #179
Does anyone else think Cripps look sore? I mean he's looked sore all year. Massive bandage on his knee and sore back. May be making excuses but he clearly looks sore to me.

Well he's definitely not 100% fit due to some type of injury imo. More of the others have now started to share the load and hopefully Crippa will see less close attention  in the future. We still need another midfield beast .
Reality always wins in the end.