Skip to main content
Topic: RD 10 : Blues defeat Crows (Post-Match Relief)  (Read 42860 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 10 : Blues defeat Crows (Post-Match Relief)

Reply #106
Is Dangerfield on our radar recruiting wise?
Would replace Judd when he retires...but here's wishing, although we would have a packet of money we could throw at him. 8)

How good would he be for us?

He'd almost make us top 6 on his own.

When are we going to completely ditch the 'throw money at the problem" mentality ??

It may have worked well for us in the old days but it is a different landscape now and the reality is that you need a greater spread of players to win it these days.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #107
Would replace Judd when he retires...but here's wishing, although we would have a packet of money we could throw at him. 8)

When are we going to completely ditch the 'throw money at the problem" mentality ??

It may have worked well for us in the old days but it is a different landscape now and the reality is that you need a greater spread of players to win it these days.
Forget Dangerfield, but Im not against trying to poach one of GWS's forwards come seasons end..  Then draft and trade for the rest..
Mick is good at searching for players at other clubs that will provide a role for his teams..

Reply #109

Landscape has changed again from 3 years ago. We can't model ourselves on what the approach was 10 years ago. We have money to spend, what do you do with it? Keep it and give it to Swann as a bonus?

Reply #110
If we can find $700k to throw at a one legged ex-pie we can find $800k to throw at a 24 year old match winning bull.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #111
there's some slack in the list that might get it done without effecting the integrity of the list as a whole. Kruizer and the future contracting of Waite should be critically reviewed for starters. 
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #112
I believe Waite might be on a fair bit (someone correct me if wrong).
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #113
I believe Waite might be on a fair bit (someone correct me if wrong).

At a guess he'd be on at least 400 and Kruizer's likewise ?
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #114
I thought closer to 600k. I might be wrong.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #115
I thought closer to 600k. I might be wrong.

You might be right. Combine those together and there's a decent war chest. The Kruizer, more than the Waite, situation is a worry AFAIC. HoW long do you wait before biting the bullet.

― Mark Twain

Reply #116
Based on the fine the club gave him last year and the rules in the player contracts which specifies the fine conditions, his salary is about 500k. It may be backloaded so maybe more this year.

Reply #117
Based on the fine the club gave him last year and the rules in the player contracts which specifies the fine conditions, his salary is about 500k. It may be backloaded so maybe more this year.

Even at the lowest end, those 2 combined are likely to provide better value in the way of an earlier draft pick, an additional spot on the list, and additional currency to throw at a top notch player. With Kruizer especially, it's gotta be better value for the club to cash in rather than having his wage and list spot tied up in a recovery ward.

― Mark Twain

Reply #118
I wandered in to the Kulgera Roadhouse bar for happy hour and the last half was showing on a fairly small TV.  There were three Adelaide supporters in the bar and five Carlton supporters.  They gave it to us when Eddie scored but it was great to have the last laugh.

My view of the action wasn't that good, the position of the screen rather than the number of beers, but it seemed to me that Dangerfield lacks awareness for a bloke who is supposed to be a gun  :-\

Great win by the boys, particularly with Henderson not getting near the ball.  It was particularly pleasing to see Docherty, Menzel and Everitt doing well and Thomas went pretty close to earning his pay.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #119
Any report on the Dylan Buckley injury??