Skip to main content
Topic: Trumpled (Alternative Leading) (Read 462200 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Trumpled (Alternative Leading)

Reply #3615
Today as reported just hours after the initial event, the special investigators have confirmed the shooter never actually fired a shoot!

In the meantime, Trump continues to accuse Democrats of trying to kill him, while lauding himself as a survivor of a second assassination attempt!

If someone is lying in wait with an assault rifle, they're unlikely to be an autograph hunter.  It's fair to say that the secret service foiled an assassination attempt ... by a MAGA nutjob!
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #3616
Do you think he was there to shoot ducks?
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #3617
If someone is lying in wait with an assault rifle, they're unlikely to be an autograph hunter.  It's fair to say that the secret service foiled an assassination attempt ... by a MAGA nutjob!
Yes I agree, but that is not how it's being portrayed by the GOP, the special agents ended this before it started as was the early report, the GOP and sections of the media are painting it like Trump has emerged unscathed from The Destruction of Sennacherib.
"Ruck, ruck, ruck, ruck ....... Ruck, ruck, ruck, ruck"

Reply #3618
He didn't shoot anything, that's the point which differs from the way some segments are portraying events.

Reply #3619
You're right, no one is trying to kill him. Fake news.

2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #3620
Fake news.
The fake inference is that Donald "The Bullet Dodger" Trump actually dodge a bullet!

If I wanted a conspiracy, then I suppose if you were going to stage a fake assassination attempt, getting captured alive and unharmed without firing a shot would be the way to do it! ;D

I had some sympathy for The Bullet Dodger after the first attempt, this one I'm not so sure about, it feels like a learned behaviour, turned out he is a republican but he was driving around in a car with Biden Harris stickers, that's not suss at all! :o

But seriously, it's The Bullet Dodger's rhetoric that drums up all this trouble, nobody else makes any significant contribution in comparison to The Bullet Dodger himself. When he opens his mouth it's like Genghis Khan accusing the nearby Nun of starting a fight!

The Bullet Dodger is making life meaner and more dangerous for everybody on the planet, and he is not even sitting in the big chair, he was fired from that spot years ago!

Reply #3621

You are allowed to carry a gun if you are going fishing, camping, hunting or target shooting in Florida.

However, some may argue that Donald is the biggest duck of all! ;)

Reply #3622
You are allowed to carry a gun if you are going fishing, camping, hunting or target shooting in Florida.

However, some may argue that Donald is the biggest duck of all! ;)
I posted in this thread or another just a couple of weeks back about US based associates I have who brag about shooting deer within a couple of hundred metres(yards I suppose) of their own back door in what we would describe as an outer suburb like Deer Park or Cranbourne. It's completely insane.

Reply #3623
I posted in this thread or another just a couple of weeks back about US based associates I have who brag about shooting deer within a couple of hundred metres(yards I suppose) of their own back door in what we would describe as an outer suburb like Deer Park or Cranbourne. It's completely insane.

I think that we can all agree about that!

“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #3624
We'll have to actually wait and see if there are any further charges beyond the gun ones.
Apart from those who may see elements of a conspiracy in the situation it is probably fair to assume he was waiting for Donald.
Whether it was 'Duck' or 'Trump' will have to be proven.

Getting a conviction beyond reasonable doubt on a "conspiracy to commit murder" or a similar charge may not be such an easy task.
They may be better off going for the gun ones and push for maximum penalties.

Just as an example.

Florida law outlines specific penalties for various firearm-related offenses. For example, possession of a firearm by a convicted felon is governed by Statute 790.23 and is classified as a second-degree felony, which carries a bond amount of $4,000. Conviction can lead to up to 15 years in prison and a fine of up to $10,000.

Reply #3625
We'll have to actually wait and see if there are any further charges beyond the gun ones.
Apart from those who may see elements of a conspiracy in the situation it is probably fair to assume he was waiting for Donald.
Whether it was 'Duck' or 'Trump' will have to be proven.

Getting a conviction beyond reasonable doubt on a "conspiracy to commit murder" or a similar charge may not be such an easy task.
They may be better off going for the gun ones and push for maximum penalties.

Just as an example.

Florida law outlines specific penalties for various firearm-related offenses. For example, possession of a firearm by a convicted felon is governed by Statute 790.23 and is classified as a second-degree felony, which carries a bond amount of $4,000. Conviction can lead to up to 15 years in prison and a fine of up to $10,000.

Given their propensity to plea bargain and settle for guilty pleas on lesser charges, the firearm offences may be all that are ever heard in court.  There may also be some political pressure to avoid having a MAGA nutjob let loose in court.

Reply #3626
The shooter didn’t have an AK-47.  He had an SKS.  AK-47s can be set to fully automatic, come with a 30 round magazine and are classed as illegal assault rifles.

The SKS is a semi-automatic, isn’t an assault rifle and is legal - unless you’re a felon.  Routh had fitted an illegal 30 round magazine.

He had also fitted a scope.  The SKS is not intended to have a scope and doesn’t have the required fittings.  It’s unlikely that the scope on Routh’s SKS could have been zeroed accurately.

Routh’s firing position was at least 300m and probably more like 500m from where the golfers would have been if they had been allowed to continue.  The chances of Routh hitting any of the golfers would have been very low.

That doesn’t mean that Routh wasn’t planning on assassinating the former POTUS.  It just means that he had little change of success.

Reply #3627
Public records in North Carolina, where Routh is a longtime voter, show he has been registered as an unaffiliated voter for years but has most recently voted for and donated to the Democratic Party. An elections official confirmed that Routh was also registered as a Democrat at one point.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #3628
Routh's political opinions shift and change over time. He clearly has views that span left to right. He self published a book in 2023 on the war in Ukraine with the following quote :

"I get so tired of people asking me if I am a Democrat or Republican as I refuse to be put in a category and I must always answer independent," he wrote.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/man-accused-kill-trump-wrote-book-urging-iran-113725828

Reply #3629
Routh's political opinions shift and change over time. He clearly has views that span left to right. He self published a book in 2023 on the war in Ukraine with the following quote :

"I get so tired of people asking me if I am a Democrat or Republican as I refuse to be put in a category and I must always answer independent," he wrote.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/man-accused-kill-trump-wrote-book-urging-iran-113725828

Yes, he was MAGA in 2016 but became disillusioned with the cult and its leader, later writing that he was “man enough to say that I misjudged and made a terrible mistake.”  He has also been a supporter of former Democrat now MAGA booster, Tulsi Gabbard, as well as Republican presidential hopefuls, Vivek Ramaswamy and Nikki Haley, and apparently has a Biden/Harris sticker on his car.

He has been on the fringes of the International Legion in Ukraine but was never part of the organisation and was described as a chaotic presence who kept trying to "sneak around" officials and was "doing more harm than good".  Oleksandr Shaguri, from the Foreigners Coordination Department of Ukraine's Land Forces Command, said that “the best way to describe his [Routh's] messages is – delusional ideas.”

Clearly a disturbed, impulsive, serial minor criminal detached from reality.