Skip to main content
Topic: Andy Maher - AFLW runner (Read 11217 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Andy Maher - AFLW runner

Reply #1
Good on him!

He is so excited; a bit like a young kid in a lolly shop  :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #2
I love this :

"The big concern I've got is being in the wrong place and costing us a goal," Maher said.

"The other one is breaking down – doing a hammy or pinging a calf or something."

Plenty of sleepless nights coming up for our hero, as he frets over his hammies, acting as a runner in an AFLW game. Classic.

Reply #3
Good on him for having a go :)
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #4
Of course he'll get fined, he's a runner for CFC, its only a matter of time.  If he was a runner for say Geelong, he could probably rack up a few stats and the AFL wouldn't care less.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #5
Good on him for having a go :)

Yep.

Andy's biggest challenge in life in not costing our gals a goal, or pinging a calf, or doing a hammy... it's asking a question with less than 3,000 words!!!  ;) ;D
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #6
Yep.

Andy's biggest challenge in life in not costing our gals a goal, or pinging a calf, or doing a hammy... it's asking a question with less than 3,000 words!!!  ;) ;D

Yes, if in the 1st Qtr Harf sends Maher to ask a player what the feck they are doing, Maher might not make it back before the final siren!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #7
Yep.

Yes, the major part of his running is off at the mouth.

PS only joking, I like Andy.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #8
Yes, the major part of his running is off at the mouth.

PS only joking, I like Andy.

I like Andy too, he's passionate and a v good sports commentator, BUT, he really should sit down and watch Parkinson, or Peach (now that's going back) or even Bert Newton or Andrew Denton... all accomplished interviewers who know how to ask a good question in 10 words or less, then STFU and let the interviewee speak.  ;) ;D

Reply #9
I think it's a lack of confidence, he always behaves like someone who thinks they don't belong there, he acts like he is never in control.

But doesn't that remind you of something, our playing list in general, church mice that seem hell bent on sneaking around unnoticed?

Our club and so many of it's officials and personalities have an unhealthy desire to fly under the radar, so much so I think it hinders our progress. I can understand why they don't want to be a real James Hird, but I can't see how you can achieve your goals by always taking the back seat!

Sooner or plater you have to pump yourself up and act with some aggression, you have to make the move to take what you want, or somebody else will take it from you!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #10
http://www.carltonfc.com.au/video/2019-01-22/micd-up-andy-maher

Gotta hand it to Mahery, he's as passionate a Bluebagger as there is.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #11
http://www.carltonfc.com.au/video/2019-01-22/micd-up-andy-maher

Gotta hand it to Mahery, he's as passionate a Bluebagger as there is.

I enjoyed that but he's hardly the cool, objective type.  I wonder how the messages he delivered originated?  I guess part of the runner's role is to take the edge off the coach's instructions  :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #12
Love Andy's passion. Keep up the good work.  :)

Reply #13
I meant to post this last week and watching Andy run around yesterday reminded me.

I’m sure that he gave one of the girls a kiss on the top of her head after delivering a message during the game against the Crows.  I don’t think there’s anything wrong with that but it just seemed odd  ???

Reply #14
Is he EVER home???