Skip to main content
Topic: Smith's Crew in SA (Read 74047 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Smith's Crew in SA

Reply #30
You can tell when we are doing well, the media try to find everything to bring the side down. All I care about is Australia won and all i wish to focus on. 1-0!!!! International cricket is a hard game, crap will happen. Say crap about someone's wife and it's a good way to get yourself a good smack in the head. Don't blame Warner at all. Never seen a cricket blue, would've been interesting...lol.

Warner's been behaving himself for a while, not drinking etc... and hasn't batted as well. I like him when he's pugnacious, aggressive and sticking it up the opposition. He batted better then. Captaincy was good too. 8 wins from 8 games as captain and really looked the part.

Reply #31
You can tell when we are doing well, the media try to find everything to bring the side down. All I care about is Australia won and all i wish to focus on. 1-0!!!! International cricket is a hard game, crap will happen. Say crap about someone's wife and it's a good way to get yourself a good smack in the head. Don't blame Warner at all. Never seen a cricket blue, would've been interesting...lol.

Warner's been behaving himself for a while, not drinking etc... and hasn't batted as well. I like him when he's pugnacious, aggressive and sticking it up the opposition. He batted better then. Captaincy was good too. 8 wins from 8 games as captain and really looked the part.

Agree on the aggressive Warner being the better Warner but he has come across as a sook who can dish it out but cant take it...Markram sucked up the flak after he ran out DeVilliers and said the sledging was part of the game and AB said nothing about Lyon's ball dropping stuff but as soon as DeKock has a go then Warner throws the toys out of the cot...cant have it both ways. Smith saying there has to be boundaries just endorsed the its ok if we sledge you but if you come back harder then its not ok theory...DuPlessis has the right response when he said it should just stay on the field......Warner should have clapped DeKock off the field and pointed out who won the game and said see you next test.
Saying all that DeKock comes across as a cocky SOB and needs to be put in his place but I think a run of low scores out on the field is my preferred option for him rather than taking the bait like Warner did...

Reply #32
Saying all that DeKock comes across as a cocky SOB and needs to be put in his place but I think a run of low scores out on the field is my preferred option for him rather than taking the bait like Warner did...

Exactamundo!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #33
Exactamundo!

There is a bit of a rumour floating that Warner called DeKock a " bush pig" with a racial reference also attached and made some similar comments about his mother and sister..I think Warner may be a fool but he isnt stupid enough to say that sort of stuff IMo and its more a Saffie media beat up....

Reply #34
There is a bit of a rumour floating that Warner called DeKock a " bush pig" with a racial reference also attached and made some similar comments about his mother and sister..I think Warner may be a fool but he isnt stupid enough to say that sort of stuff IMo and its more a Saffie media beat up....
Warner is an utter knucklehead and who would absolutely say something that stupid. Then he sooks it up when he gets it back, what a DH. Man up and come up with a better retort or STFU in the first place. As Warnie said, go and have a beer together and shake hands. Throwing punches is just stupid and unacceptable. I for one know exactly who the bushpig in the contest btw Warner and DeKock. He may have money, a Lambo and hot wife but he has zero class.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #35
Warner is an utter knucklehead and who would absolutely say something that stupid. Then he sooks it up when he gets it back, what a DH. Man up and come up with a better retort or STFU in the first place. As Warnie said, go and have a beer together and shake hands. Throwing punches is just stupid and unacceptable. I for one know exactly who the bushpig in the contest btw Warner and DeKock. He may have money, a Lambo and hot wife but he has zero class.

Family is off limits. Warner had every right to defend his missus as you or anyone else would in the same circumstances. Race, sexuality and family to me are no-go zones. Anything else you give and take. They can go punch it out for all I care. Warner is an easy target for keyboard warriors. All I care about is we won away from home by 118 runs. That is by far the most important part and what should be the discussion. Not only that, as captain of Australia Warner's 8 wins from 8.

Reply #36
Family is off limits. Warner had every right to defend his missus as you or anyone else would in the same circumstances. Race, sexuality and family to me are no-go zones. Anything else you give and take. They can go punch it out for all I care. Warner is an easy target for keyboard warriors. All I care about is we won away from home by 118 runs. That is by far the most important part and what should be the discussion. Not only that, as captain of Australia Warner's 8 wins from 8.
So Warner attacking DeKok's family is ok coz the Aussies won? Seems to me the Sledging Kings got out Sledged and now the master sledger couldn't take his medicine. He is an easy target because he is a flog of a bloke. Has form, wont be the last time this happens.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #37

He is very easily stupid enough, sadly...
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #38
He is very easily stupid enough, sadly...

Sadly, I think you’re right FB.

Warner likes to dish it out but isn’t terribly good at taking it. 
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #39
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/cricket/david-warner-and-quinton-de-kock-charged-over-stairwell-standoff-20180307-p4z354.html

Maybe the Saffers have told a few porkies in an endeavour to save their skin....if that is proven - that De Kock was out of line - and Warner had not inappropriately insulted on onfield, not sure how Warner gets a higher penalty?

But again, Warner should not have reacted the way he did - in any circumstance imo.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #40
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/cricket/david-warner-and-quinton-de-kock-charged-over-stairwell-standoff-20180307-p4z354.html

Maybe the Saffers have told a few porkies in an endeavour to save their skin....if that is proven - that De Kock was out of line - and Warner had not inappropriately insulted on onfield, not sure how Warner gets a higher penalty?

But again, Warner should not have reacted the way he did - in any circumstance imo.

There is always a home town bias, the match referee will be heavily lobbied and pressured by many more locals than Aussie visitors.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #41

Warner has form which wont help him, DeKock is meant to be more mild mannered but I reckon both parties are to blame and if penalties are handed out it should be a even handed approach....fine both players or suspend both players from playing next match...ok if Warner has more form he gets a bigger fine but I dont want to see him suspended and the other bloke with a paltry fine....
And can we do something about teams having to separate the dressing rooms a bit better?....or have a orderly departure from the ground where the batsman leave first so there is no interaction between players in astairwell...

Reply #42
I think Quinten de Kock may well be one of those quiet loud mouth snipers, the type who go about sucking people in without doing it in a obtrusive manner.  A sneaky bastard, in other circles maybe even a bit of a psychopath!

Warner, he reminds me of the bad old days of NSW cricket, when they were a real bunch of loud mouth mindless smart-arses who's ability wasn't nearly as deep as their narcissism and nepotism.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #43
Sadly, I think you’re right FB.

Warner likes to dish it out but isn’t terribly good at taking it.

Don't think he has an issue taking it jut that it becoming personal when his wife became involved. De Kock must've said something bad about her for Warner to go off like that. Can't blame a man for defending attacks against his missus.

Reply #44
Don't think he has an issue taking it jut that it becoming personal when his wife became involved. De Kock must've said something bad about her for Warner to go off like that. Can't blame a man for defending attacks against his missus.

When you're the VC of a national team, very much under scrutiny, you can't afford to "go off like that".

What planet you living on Jim?
Finals, then 4 in a row!