Skip to main content
Topic: Smith's Crew in SA (Read 81700 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Smith's Crew in SA

Reply #180
Should replace them with a couple of NSWelshman, eh? ;)

It's a growing trend in all world sports, too much money, reward for winning at any cost, not enough morality.

The marketing people will be sitting back and thinking, "Great, the anti-cheating dollar, that 's a big market!" :o

Sutherland been in charge WAY too long....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #182
Now the EFC supporters know how the rest of us feel
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #183
Sutherland been in charge WAY too long....

It's time for governments, state and federal, to cut funding and subsidies for professional sports and direct the money where it will do some real good! ;)

They won't let us earn some money by exporting Uranium, but they are happy to send that toxic bunch to represent us all!

It's only two years ago the Feds were touting Australia as a research destination and world leader in sports science and technology. They wanted us to be the Silicon Valley of Sports Science, well it looks like we got the silicon part correct, in the form of some rather scratchy sand!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #184
Wonder how Faf Du Plessis retained his job given he's been sanctioned TWICE for ball tampering. Won't be hearing much from them. Been a long list of players sanctioned for ball tampering. Imran Khan with the bottle top, Tendulkar suspended for a Test, Philander in 2014, Waqar, Atherton, Shahid Afridi. Not to mention England cheating using mints on the ball during the entire 2005 Ashes series. Thescothick told the whole story in his book. Now us. Been going on since day dot, only a few get caught. Time to put a stop to it.

If your going to cheat use the lolly, it's effect is alot faster, take forever to scuff up the rough side....haha.

Reply #185
Wonder how Faf Du Plessis retained his job given he's been sanctioned TWICE for ball tampering. Won't be hearing much from them. Been a long list of players sanctioned for ball tampering. Imran Khan with the bottle top, Tendulkar suspended for a Test, Philander in 2014, Waqar, Atherton, Shahid Afridi. Not to mention England cheating using mints on the ball during the entire 2005 Ashes series. Thescothick told the whole story in his book. Now us. Been going on since day dot, only a few get caught. Time to put a stop to it.

If your going to cheat use the lolly, it's effect is alot faster, take forever to scuff up the rough side....haha.

Actually Du Plessis has been out and about in the press, stating his actions were not as serious as the Australian's. He said he was just superficially polishing the ball with a lolly which he claims isn't altering the condition of the ball! :o

Let's not forget, back prior to the 60s and 70s you could scrub the ball on the pitch to roughen it up for your spinner. Why not allow that, and all this stuff disappears! The MCC only banned it because the Asia countries kept handing England and Australia a shellacking on the sub-continent.

Finally on this whole issue, it often seems to be batsmen going on about this ball tampering issue, I was a opening bowler for almost 15 years and other than the benefits of chucking the pill in the deep freezer overnight before a game I found very little real benefit from any of those supposed actions to improve it's condition for swing, seam or spin. It was all in the head of usually, some batsmen / captain. All this lolly sh1te is for people who do not know how to polish a pill without making it soggy!

The most beneficial thing was clearly and cleanly bowling the ball with some decent seam control! I watch Starc closely and half the time his release is so bad the ball might as well not have a seam! ;)

If the batsmen / captain wanted to maximize his influence, he needed to spend more time learning how to set decent fields and less time on how to alter the pill! ;)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #186

Faf used the Zipper and the mintie ;).....I think the Smith/Bancroft tape incident is more comical and stupid making it more newsworthy and serious because our blokes were so dumb, WTF were thinking with all those cameras on them? If they want more swing and movement then maybe pick Sayers......

Reply #187
Faf used the Zipper and the mintie ;).....I think the Smith/Bancroft tape incident is more comical and stupid making it more newsworthy and serious because our blokes were so dumb, WTF were thinking with all those cameras on them? If they want more swing and movement then maybe pick Sayers......

All this stuff is a certain sign that the players involved are not up to the standard to allow them to compete.

I'm sure that is not the case for Smith's batting, but for his captaincy? Well, I think the recent events now answer that question!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #188

I don't think we need to set the bar on the actions of those listed above.
We need to be better than that, and then beat them anyway.
Yeah they all cheated, but does that mean it's ok for us to do it?
You start to sound like the USA gun lobby arguing for guns in school.

Reply #189
I don't think we need to set the bar on the actions of those listed above.
We need to be better than that, and then beat them anyway.
Yeah they all cheated, but does that mean it's ok for us to do it?
You start to sound like the USA gun lobby arguing for guns in school.

JH, yesterday's innings was the perfect time for a leader to stand up. Perfect timing for a Simpson, Border or Chappelli moment!

Instead they went all Kim Hughes on us, and folded like a deck of cards!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #190
All this stuff is a certain sign that the players involved are not up to the standard to allow them to compete.

I'm sure that is not the case for Smith's batting, but for his captaincy? Well, I think the recent events now answer that question!

I think the coach has a lot to answer for.
Smith was never this type. Nathan Lyon has also become very boorish recently.
David Warner was known by his team mates as the reverend up until 12-18 months ago because he shut his mouth and played cricket.
But the coach said we needed players with a more verbal approach and suddenly Matthew Wade replaces Nevill.
Warner is asked to re ignite the attack dog approach.
Lehman is a where these issues start. He and the fool that employed him and left overseeing a sport that is looking for $1B in TV rights. 

Reply #191
JH, yesterday's innings was the perfect time for a leader to stand up. Perfect timing for a Simpson, Border or Chappelli moment!

Instead they went all Kim Hughes on us, and folded like a deck of cards!

Totally agree, but Shane Warne is the only bloke I have seen that never let public scandal of that size effect his performance.
Not sure what it has to do with setting our standards higher than the Saffers, Indians or Pakistani's

Reply #192
I’d love to know who came up with bright idea to send Bancroft and Smith into that press conference... and who knew what Smith was going to say in advance.

Reply #193
Totally agree, but Shane Warne is the only bloke I have seen that never let public scandal of that size effect his performance.
Not sure what it has to do with setting our standards higher than the Saffers, Indians or Pakistani's

I don't think the opposition has any relevance or that it's valid to make that comparison.

It's just an opportunity to stand up and lead, we needed someone to look like the general out there last night, and nobody really did!

Our lot might not beat SA again in the remainder of their careers, SA =have gotten into our blokes heads.

So should we cut and run with a completely new squad!

btw., I had always thought this should have been the CheatsFC best strategy. Come clean then wash yourself clean and move on, instead they  have been hanging onto and dragging around their filth until it erodes away!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #194
I’d love to know who came up with bright idea to send Bancroft and Smith into that press conference... and who knew what Smith was going to say in advance.

Hmm, based on events I'm not sure anyone thinks that deeply. FFS, we have a coach who's nickname is Boofhead!
The Force Awakens!