Skip to main content
Topic: Is Chris Judd still our best player? (Read 16029 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Is Chris Judd still our best player?

Reply #15
I was living in hope that Kreuzer, Gibbs and Murphy would be better than Judd by mid next season. I'm guessing that isn't going to happen, but there is time for me to be proven a complete idiot. At the moment he is our most valuable and best player. ;)
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #16
Yep easily our best player.....its 100% effort and he doesnt stop trying....I think he is frustrated at times when he cant win games for us, the mind is willing but the kicks just lob short or the handball just misses its target or he just can shrug that tackle like he used to but that never stops him from backing up and going again and he is a true professional..

Reply #17
Depends on how you define "best". I think he played his best footy at WCE where he was well supported by team mates.

Injuries have taken their toll, as has the attention he has had and continues to receive, from opposition players whilst playing for us, plus age has slowed him a bit - but he's still a dangerous player.

In terms of drive, tenacity and professionalism, I think he is still very much at the forefront of our team. He certainly set the standard for consistent athletic output which no Carlton player has been able to match to date.

Judd's a champ - just wish we had a few more like him  ;)

Reply #18

Judd's a champ - just wish we had a few more like him  ;)

Whilst Judd's don't come along all that often - why haven't our draft picks developed into champions? Murphy has stagnated right now, Gibbs is probably playing his best football since getting here but Kruezer isn't the same since that injury. It isn't just those 3 though - where are the others?

Reply #19
Judd isn't the player he was, these days he's become a crash and bash workhorse although a very good one, at his peak he was a game breaker.
At his best Murphy is our most dangerous player.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #20
Judd isn't the player he was, these days he's become a crash and bash workhorse although a very good one, at his peak he was a game breaker.

Someone else mentioned true enough how good he is when they pop him up forward when they wanna shake things up. Got great vision and is a decent kick too.
Keep the Faith

Reply #21

Someone else mentioned true enough how good he is when they pop him up forward when they wanna shake things up. Got great vision and is a decent kick too.

Yeah he's not a bad option to push forward and he can lose a tag there.

Reply #22
It will be interesting to see how Judd goes at this year's B&F. Blokes in the 150 game range should be blitzing it. Not someone in the 250 game range.

Reply #23
It will be interesting to see how Judd goes at this year's B&F. Blokes in the 150 game range should be blitzing it. Not someone in the 250 game range.

All too true..... :(

Reply #24
I thought when Murph won the B&F in 2011 the era was over. Sadly it's not but what's even sadder is that it's not because Judd has found another gear, in fact he has slipped and others have not risen.

IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #25
I thought when Murph won the B&F in 2011 the era was over. Sadly it's not but what's even sadder is that it's not because Judd has found another gear, in fact he has slipped and others have not risen.

Yes exactly. This is our big worry and it has major ramifications going forward.

Reply #26

Yes exactly. This is our big worry and it has major ramifications going forward.

It's why we need to inject kids like Menzel, Buckley and Graham.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #27

It's why we need to inject kids like Menzel, Buckley and Graham.

Careful using words like 'inject' these days JK  ;)

Yes they are 3 that should be played. I noted elsewhere the Graham was tagged on Sunday - which is probably a first at that level for him. It's also a measure of how well they regarded him.

Reply #28
Careful using words like 'inject' these days JK  ;)

Confident our boys are clean Spf, and they can still do "whatever it takes" ;)
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #29
Yes, Judd is still our best player, and that is a bit sad as I reckon that Murphy, Gibbs and even Yarran have had time to go past him, if they ever were or will.
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!