Skip to main content
Topic: ELIMINATION FINAL : Blues V Tigers (Pre-Game Patter) (Read 112876 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: ELIMINATION FINAL : Blues V Tigers (Pre-Game Patter)

Reply #15
Judd, Scotto, Mclean back next week?
Who goes out?
Ellard, Casboult and one other, maybe go in with one ruckman
It's my hope they play with the flair shown after half time today
It's a final so we need to strengthen our defence.

Mick' gotta bring back Bootsma ????

Reply #16
Really happy it's on a Sunday.

Had it been a Saturday night I'd have had to miss it to watch the election coverage ;) :))

Reply #17

Had it been a Saturday night I'd have had to miss it to watch the election coverage ;) :))
Crowd will be down Saturday night Lodsie with all those intelligent pie supporters staying home to watch it ????

Reply #18
Warnock dominates the tap-outs each week, but it is not clear that we get advantage.
I don't blame RobbieW, maybe we are not capitalizing on what he does.

Reply #19
Whatever we do I just hope we don't play that stupid fkn stagnant round the boundary line crap where we turn it over and get cut up through the middle time and time again. Maybe the stubborn old fool will start Yazz down back as well.
Personally I dont like Yarran in the backline. He gets hurt the other way as he doesnt have a defensive bone in his body. Opo often played through him. We werent the side who conceded the most points against for no reason.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #20

Will it be a 1.10pm or 3pm kick off? Anyone know?
Keep the Faith

Reply #21
Whatever we do I just hope we don't play that stupid fkn stagnant round the boundary line crap where we turn it over and get cut up through the middle time and time again. Maybe the stubborn old fool will start Yazz down back as well.
Personally I dont like Yarran in the backline. He gets hurt the other way as he doesnt have a defensive bone in his body. Opo often played through him. We werent the side who conceded the most points against for no reason.
Wing for mine, his skill set is perfect but needs to be prepared to run all day and crack in at the odd centre bounce.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #23
Who goes out?

Scotland before Boots IMO
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #24
I still reckon Richmond were mad for beating Essendon. They would have ended up playing Port if they dropped that game and we would've ended up playing Collingwood (given they beat North today). So many things working in our favour right now. Come from behind victory gives a team momentum regardless of how badly they've been travelling. I'd be very nervous if I was a Tiger's fan right now.

Reply #25
I still reckon Richmond were mad for beating Essendon. They would have ended up playing Port if they dropped that game and we would've ended up playing Collingwood (given they beat North today). So many things working in our favour right now. Come from behind victory gives a team momentum regardless of how badly they've been travelling. I'd be very nervous if I was a Tiger's fan right now.

Can't just think one week ahead.   The winner of the Port final will most likley get Fremantle at Fremantle now that the Cats are playing at SS.

Reply #26
Who goes out?

Scotland before Boots IMO

Tough week, I think Scotland and Judd are a must.  Tigers strongest asset is midfield. 

Who for? do we carry two rucks again?  I would say one ruck has to go out and Scotland vs Duigan

For me it is out Warnock and Duigan in Scotland and Judd.  

Reply #27

Can't just think one week ahead.   The winner of the Port final will most likley get Fremantle at Fremantle now that the Cats are playing at SS.

Right, but the winner of our final will most probably play Sydney in Sydney so what's the point? At least if Richmond had've played Port they would most probably have had a win. I think they will have more trouble against us.

Reply #28
What about our season says to people that they should have great confidence in this team?
Could not put away Essendon who over the last 6 weeks have lost their other 5 games by an average of about 55  points.
We have beaten Port and Richmond since the GC game and lost to the Bulldogs and Essendon. Both the Port and the Richmond game they should have put us away and if it was finals, I don't think you come back in either of those games.

Port have been a better team than us all year and if I was Richmond I would rather play the soft as crap Carlton, who 'may' show their class, but probably won't, than the Power who you know will give it everything and play it like it is the end of the world. Every day give me the soft cocks, because there is a huge chance our crap side shows up and they do to us what we done to Essendon in the finals a couple of years back and belt the pants off us.

I am embarrassed that we are playing finals with our performances this year and hold no excitement going into this weeks game. We have 11 wins for the season and many times have looked completely inept. I would rather just have the off-season roll on and see how next year shapes.
Goals for 2017
=============
Play the most anti-social football in the AFL

Reply #29
The cockiness of Richmond supporters is staggering. They are playing a team they've beaten once in 11 outings and yet still believe they are shoe ins. Some teams just match up well against others and we should be confident against this mob.

Casboult stays in for mine. Didn't think he was our worst player in the first half, we just needed more run. Our best ruck option is Kruezer and Cas. Kruezer can go forward and Cas can pinch hit ruck. Judd will be refreshed and ready to go. Don't no where Brock is at, but he slays the tigers usually. Can't wait to get tickets mon morn!!!!
Eat more chooks