Skip to main content
Topic: AFLW 2019 Rd 4: Carlton vs Geelong (Read 7464 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFLW 2019 Rd 4: Carlton vs Geelong

Reply #30
@shawny...
Bad example to get a new perspective on aflw.

Watch our game last week and it resembles very little the performances trotted out this week.

I'm not sure if it was the freakish wind down there but we looked like 2 different sides.

Yep
Last week's game and this week's was "chalk and cheese"
Lot's more fumbles, uncertainty and terrible misses this week.

Reply #31
Tayla Harris needs to pull her head in.

3 posters that should of been certain goals that would of won us the game putting us on top of the ladder in our conference.

The umpiring was deplorable. Really needs to be improve, The amount of missed frees and decisions was astonishing.

Reply #32
The TV commentators pointed out that Andy Maher, the physio(?) and Harf all had words with Tayla Harris at 3/4 time.  I'm sure that they were all well-intentioned but I think that a message delivered by one person would be more likely to have an impact.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #33
Disagree on that perception.

Watch the video on her and her family. Can't recall what it's called but it's the same thing Jack did about checking his roots in Italy.

She is a very humble and respectful young lass who gets embarrassed when people talk her up. She uses humour and her bubbly nature to get others up around her.
Watched the video ages ago as her being half Italian interested me. Agree she came across as humble and respectful in that doco. Doesn't mean she hasn't has got a bit full of herself lately. I have seen alot of her instagram videos she makes, some of them seem like they would take up alot of time making them. Could that time be spent more wisely? Dunno, but thats how I perceive it. I noted also she has a heavily strapped knee, perhaps thats restricting her output but she certainly isn't the player she was in AFLW year one.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #34
A Carlton side getting flogged by the umpires at a Feeling home game.... Sounds familiar.

What happened with the player who got cleaned up off the ball in the first half?
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #35
How can it be Geelong can instigate low scoring tactics and be praised for toughing out a win, when Carlton did the same against McGuire's mob the AFL executive call a special emergency meeting and stand-over our former coach?

On Vescio, she is suffering from no longer being a standout talent, the average strength, size, ability and skill of the opposition is growing with each passing AFLW season. Also the new coach is implementing different tactics that no longer see Vescio one out inside F50.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #36
So what was the fallout from O'Connor's hit on Stevens?

If Harris got a week for what I thought was a fair bump, a forearm to the head should cost O'Connor a couple of weeks.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #37
So what was the fallout from O'Connor's hit on Stevens?

If Harris got a week for what I thought was a fair bump, a forearm to the head should cost O'Connor a couple of weeks.

Very hard to find info on AFLW MRP.

Sarah Hosking got reported for her bump. She should get off. But no mention of that either.

Reply #38
Very hard to find info on AFLW MRP.

Sarah Hosking got reported for her bump. She should get off. But no mention of that either.

Yes, I noticed the umpire going through the “I’m reporting you” routine.  The ball was Sarah’s object and she took possession while protecting herself in textbook fashion.  Hopefully they’ll tell the umpire what he can do with his report ... and the Geelong girl should be made to watch video of the incident until she learns the correct way to go for a ground ball.

Reply #39
Sarah is up for a fine, no weeks
Aasta (Stevens hit) is up for suspension
As is the girl who hit jess in a similar manner to Sarah.

As expected so far

Reply #40
Maddie Boyd was the other girl. Offered a week for hit on jess.
Aasta Oconner has been offered 2 weeks for the elbow on Stevens.

Reply #41
Is there no video of the Aasta O'Connor hit?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #42
Watched the video ages ago as her being half Italian interested me. Agree she came across as humble and respectful in that doco. Doesn't mean she hasn't has got a bit full of herself lately. I have seen alot of her instagram videos she makes, some of them seem like they would take up alot of time making them. Could that time be spent more wisely? Dunno, but thats how I perceive it. I noted also she has a heavily strapped knee, perhaps thats restricting her output but she certainly isn't the player she was in AFLW year one.

Would have Darcy V. on my playing list in a heartbeat on any day of the week & twice on Sundays.
Wanna do a trade  :D

I posted back when she was name a marquee player with Davey that the blues have 10+ year players.
Injuries have curtailed both. but both have shown enough when fit enough to play.

She is skillful, a team 1st player and footy smart. Standing her in the backline makes many a defender nervous.

Reply #43
Would have Darcy V. on my playing list in a heartbeat on any day of the week & twice on Sundays.
Wanna do a trade  :D

I posted back when she was name a marquee player with Davey that the blues have 10+ year players.
Injuries have curtailed both. but both have shown enough when fit enough to play.

She is skillful, a team 1st player and footy smart. Standing her in the backline makes many a defender nervous.

One of Darcy’s problems is that her teammates are often too slow to take advantage of her good work, both in terms of receiving the ball from her and getting the ball to her.

It also seems to me that her opponents are dwelling on her and pounce as she takes possession.  A little more support from teammates wouldn’t go astray.

Reply #44
It also seems to me that her opponents are dwelling on her and pounce as she takes possession.  A little more support from teammates wouldn’t go astray.

It's not the Carlton way, not for the girls and not for the men!

It's infuriating to watch!
The Force Awakens!