Skip to main content
Topic: CV and mad panic behaviour (Read 437594 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: CV and mad panic behaviour

Reply #1650
Correct LP, it was human error in our car and n lots of them - bad system.  It would have been really easy to have a system that auto calculated dates based on diagnosis eg. Case diagnosed dd/mm/yy close contacts to be tested +x days (provide date), quarantine while waiting for results etc.

Reply #1651
Correct LP, it was human error in our car and n lots of them - bad system.  It would have been really easy to have a system that auto calculated dates based on diagnosis eg. Case diagnosed dd/mm/yy close contacts to be tested +x days (provide date), quarantine while waiting for results etc.
Dodge you make it sound easy but it rarely is in the real world. COVID for example survives on a surface, and the infected person goes through a wide scale of infectiousness that may also have spanned multiple visits to the premise, while others may have also had multiple visits to the facility with varying cardinalities of exposure.

It's a horrible problem to solve, and the medicos have to walk a tightrope made from the Hippocratic oath which states "Do no harm", including not worry people when they do not have to be worried, and not enabling the prosecution of people who do not warrant prosecution. They don't get to operate on the "Smeller is the Fella" rule of investigation and detection like the media does regularly!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1652
It's a horrible problem to solve, and the medicos have to walk a tightrope made from the Hippocratic oath which states "Do no harm", including not worry people when they do not have to be worried, and not enabling the prosecution of people who do not warrant prosecution. They don't get to operate on the "Smeller is the Fella" rule of investigation and detection like the media does regularly!
Problem is, if a medico doesn't reveal a potential outcome in any given situation, no matter how remote the likelihood, they can be sued for not communicating that miniscule risk.  And then, as suits, media and lawyer types get hold of the information and turn it into something far more sinister than it actually is.

There should be a Royal Commission into the role the Media have played during this pandemic.  Their desire for cheap headlines and stories with a minimum of background checking have contributed significantly to the misinformation and confusion.  The truth that we all want to hear is buried somewhere in a barrage of fog, because there is too much political point-scoring going on, and the Media have been only too accommodating to give oxygen to the latest whacko theory about what's going on.  And don't forget, the Media have their political agendas as well.
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #1653
There should be a Royal Commission into the role the Media have played during this pandemic.  Their desire for cheap headlines and stories with a minimum of background checking have contributed significantly to the misinformation and confusion.  The truth that we all want to hear is buried somewhere in a barrage of fog, because there is too much political point-scoring going on, and the Media have been only too accommodating to give oxygen to the latest whacko theory about what's going on.  And don't forget, the Media have their political agendas as well.

Are you serious?  A Royal Commission into the media?  This is a joke, right?

Reply #1654
Are you serious?  A Royal Commission into the media?  This is a joke, right?

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/malcolm-turnbull-signs-kevin-rudds-petition-challenging-news-corp-media-dominance/ar-BB1amVSK

I'm not the only one who's over the Corporate Oligarchies that determine what we are supposed to think.  They print any crap that serves their purpose and are rarely if ever held accountable for the damage it can cause, because they have Governments in their pockets.

This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #1655
Rudd and Turnbull? .....   ???  ::)  woteva

Reply #1656
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/malcolm-turnbull-signs-kevin-rudds-petition-challenging-news-corp-media-dominance/ar-BB1amVSK

I'm not the only one who's over the Corporate Oligarchies that determine what we are supposed to think.  They print any crap that serves their purpose and are rarely if ever held accountable for the damage it can cause, because they have Governments in their pockets.

Couldn't agree more. In particular, the level to which the HUN stoop when pursuing an agenda is simply deplorable.

Breaking up these Oligarch 'empires' is imperative. Especially 'Malcontent Media', News Corp.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #1657
Is that how women are supposed to behave?

No, its how all people should behave.

The reason why 'Dan hates women' is because it happens to be female reporters who are not paying attention and asking the questions already answered.
Just like my response to you. Was it because you were a woman.....unless their has been an operation i don't know about....no.

Just like Dan, its what was being said, not who was saying it.

Its the old Adam Goodes debate again. Was he booed because he was black? Or was he booed because he is a tool?
Danger got booed on the weekend. Lucky he wasn't black, or a female, then there would be a lot of racist and sexist people out there.  ::)

Reply #1658
Is that how women are supposed to behave?

I don't think in this instance it is about 'women', but rather one woman in particular... Abbott's ex, the Mistress of Malcontent.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #1659
If you refuse to test suspected covid positive patients then you get zero cases.....but that wouldnt happen in Victorian hospitals
would it?

Reply #1660
If you refuse to test suspected covid positive patients then you get zero cases.....but that wouldnt happen in Victorian hospitals
would it?

I don't know if thats gone on, i can guess by your comment, but i was saying as much earlier today.

If you thought you had it now, would you get tested for it or would you just self isolate and pretend like you never had it for the greater good?

Reply #1661
I don't know if thats gone on, i can guess by your comment, but i was saying as much earlier today.

If you thought you had it now, would you get tested for it or would you just self isolate and pretend like you never had it for the greater good?
So you would potentially roll the dice on your life and / or years of well-being and parenting, hoping that COVID never gets bad for you, so someone can go shoe shopping and get their hair coloured in Sth Yarra!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1662

Thats exactly how we end up back here next year.

I reckon its time to start a poll.  Nearest to the pin.

When does our 3rd wave start? 
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #1664
So you would potentially roll the dice on your life and / or years of well-being and parenting, hoping that COVID never gets bad for you, so someone can go shoe shopping and get their hair coloured in Sth Yarra!

Thats a bit extremist.

If you are young, fit and healthy, what is a positive test going to do for you?

I'm not saying i'd do it, but i guarantee a few youngings wouldn't want to know if it could mean taking away their freedom.

This is a byproduct of keeping us in lockdown so long