Skip to main content
Topic: CV and mad panic behaviour (Read 427322 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: CV and mad panic behaviour

Reply #1680
Very interesting EB. Also heard today that about 150 Vic gov staff are being redeployed and trained as hotel quarantine staff. The training includes aspects of the prison officer training course apparently.
Bit like Russia... Just to be clear, The nurses are being recruited as vaccination candidates as well as deliverers but it's just in the preparation stages and not official trials and more about numbers, volunteers etc.

Reply #1681
Bit like Russia... Just to be clear, The nurses are being recruited as vaccination candidates..
 In the UK they are deliberately recruiting health workers to be infected with COVID, as this can greatly accelerate the testing of an effective vaccine.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1682
In the UK they are deliberately recruiting health workers to be infected with COVID, as this can greatly accelerate the testing of an effective vaccine.

Define "effective".
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #1683
Define "effective".
One that delivers improved resistance to, immunisation against or limits transmission of Sars-CoV-2 infections in a significant percentage of recipients(> 40%) without any permanent or deleterious unwanted side-effects. An effective vaccine doesn't have to stop you getting Sars-CoV-2, it may stop you spreading the infection while reducing your own symptoms.

The reason for recruiting people to receive deliberate infections isn't to determine if the vaccine is effective or not, it is to reduce the time-frame to a conclusion of the study. There are risks though, that the study isn't properly double blind because they have to know who gets exposed to a live infection.

btw., It looks like the commonly believed concept of a single shot vaccine is dead, that is one shot and you're safe for life isn't going to happen, because there are significant numbers of re-infections appearing now in US and European hot zones. At this stage it's not clear if the second infection is better, worse or the same, it'll take many many more repeat infections before that is known.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1684
Bit of inside gossip from the medical world...Vic Nurses being recruited for Covid Vaccination's...

I believe that it’s a nasal spray prophylactic that’s being tested EB.  Apparently it will reduce the chances of infection for health workers.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #1685
I believe that it’s a nasal spray prophylactic that’s being tested EB.  Apparently it will reduce the chances of infection for health workers.
Not sure on exactly what is being delivered or tested DJ but that nurses are being sounded out for the delivery job as well as being potential candidates.It was in a information/survey format and voluntary but there is something coming Healthcare workers way but it's all in the preparation stages. I think it's all about preventing a big wave next winter like we are seeing overseas.

Reply #1686
Id be wary of any scuttlebutt being heard here with respect to vaccinations and trials.

I am literally front line, and have heard nothing here, which means its still highly investigative.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #1687
Id be wary of any scuttlebutt being heard here with respect to vaccinations and trials.

I am literally front line, and have heard nothing here, which means its still highly investigative.
The nasal spray one isnt scuttlebut, that was on the news the other night and showed a nurse at a Melb hospital having it administered.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #1688

I suppose it depends on the size of the trial and where it's being conducted, 200 or 300 could be at just one or two sites. If it's second stage, then it could be 10000 people and that you would have to know about.

The nasal spray one isnt scuttlebut, that was on the news the other night and showed a nurse at a Melb hospital having it administered.
In recent days a lot of fakery has also been on the news, in my opinion broadcast news ranks in quality no better than Facebook.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1689
It was in a information/survey format and voluntary but there is something coming Healthcare workers way but it's all in the preparation stages. I think it's all about preventing a big wave next winter like we are seeing overseas.
Then it should be tested OS in autumn / winter conditions not here, we are moving into Spring / Summer, everything is going to look effective because if our trend follows OS we are going through a good period for the next 3 or 4 months!

There is some irony in old wives tales, "Put your jumper on little Johnny, you don't want to catch a cold!"
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1690
Traffic back to sh1te today! 🤪
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #1693
Interesting findings coming out of the UK and Melbourne research about the efficacy of BCG vaccine in providing greatly improved resistance to COVID.

If this turns out to be true it's very very good news, and we have a genuine way out of this horrible situation in the absence of a dedicated SARS-CoV-2 vaccine. Masks will probably persist, but restrictions and borders could be opened as the chance of exponential rates of infection would be greatly reduced.

I have to wonder if this "Side-effect" of the traditional TB vaccine is a reason for kids showing less infection and transmission?

Many of us who were until recently regularly travelling up into SE Asia have probably already had TB boosters.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1694
For anyone listening to Dan Andrews press conference. The first question asked of him......yes from THAT female reporter was something like...
"Surely masks are only important if you are wearing them properly, i see a lot of people wearing them incorrectly."

Umm.....is she in grade 3? Duh. How can you answer that question without rolling your eyes.

Dan Andrews handled it pretty well, but fronting up day after day to those types of questions is why Dan is accused of hating females if he lets slip every now and then.
He's a more patient person than i am.