Skip to main content
Topic: CV and mad panic behaviour (Read 427608 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: CV and mad panic behaviour

Reply #495
All the people I know who have been rejected would be self-funded and investing in businesses, one has won several of the Queen's awards for export and services to the country. Australia still knocked him back as a health liability. This is just in the last couple of years.

OK .... Personally, I know of none mate.  I'm married to an American and she was put thru the wringer when it came to U.S health checks before she got her permanent residency approval, but it seems a travesty for the people you know not to have been cleared.

Reply #496
OK .... Personally, I know of none mate.  I'm married to an American and she was put thru the wringer when it came to U.S health checks before she got her permanent residency approval, but it seems a travesty for the people you know not to have been cleared.
You're married.

These are retiring / semi-retiring UK citizens wishing to emigrate for retirement, not the same as a spouse or parent wanting to join family out here as an Australian citizen.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #497
I can only go by what she's told me ... and she has spoken to immigration

Reply #499
https://swprs.org/a-swiss-doctor-on-covid-19/#latest

If you're after some clarity around Italy.....

I was staggered to read the other day that the Italians didnt tell everyone to stay home until 800 people had died. Having been to Italy several times and having hundreds of relos there, I am not surprised one bit.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #500
The aerosol / droplet risk is so high a lot of countries just write off all deaths that aren't obviously something different as COVID, because they are not doing autopsies just cremations. Most deaths are resulting from complications, not just the virus alone. Some regions report low because they are only reporting COVID related deaths that are verified.

Further, the available levels of treatment are not universal, what passes as ICU in some regions is barely a general ward bed here in Australia.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #501
Just as a poser... if someone in an Oncology ward, seriously ill, contracts the seasonal flu and it finishes them off (excuse the lack of tact), is the cause of death listed as seasonal flu or xyz cancer?
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #502
Just as a poser... if someone in an Oncology ward, seriously ill, contracts the seasonal flu and it finishes them off (excuse the lack of tact), is the cause of death listed as seasonal flu or xyz cancer?

I'm not in the medical field, and notwithstanding any broader philosophical issues about what constitutes a cause of death, I'd guess that the accepted standard in the medical profession is that the flu would be listed as the official cause, with perhaps a note about pre existing health issues.

Reply #503
I can add some perspective through some experience. My father in-law had Myeloma and back in 07, needed an operation to put a pin in the femur as bone embrittlement (I think thats the term) made it risky to not have it done (ie if the bone broke, he would likely bleed to death). He was a very ill man however it was deemed better to take the risk of surgery as opposed to not do it, he accepted the risk and wanted it done. At the completion of the surgery, as they were moving him, he went into cardiac arrest and never recovered. Cause of death was cardiac arrest (not myeloma) despite a very long list of other ailments related to myeloma (and non hodgkin lymphoma). So its sort of similar...I think.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #504
From my experiences of the loss of someone close, IIRC the cause of death was shown in the form of  "x" brought on by "y". I think an an attempt is made to provide a complete picture leading up to the actual death. Not sure how that may get reflected in the stats though.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #505
Whereas Germany artificially deflate their corona death count by doing the complete opposite.

Reply #506
You can see from our own experiences, even in a relatively standardized environment like Australia's medical system, that reporting can lead to misunderstandings and accidental misdirection.

Also there is political will surrounding the reporting. For example reports are China has a rise in cases again, but the Chinese authorities are claiming they are imported cases. It's a bit hard to believe, more mysticism than objective reporting. One has to wonder if some of the exaggerated claims are a prelude to a compensation claim.

I suppose we will never know the truth.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #507

I think its been answered pretty well already but i'll add this one on.

If someone is a drug addict, and goes into cardiac arrest from OD'ing or whatever, cause of death is 'heart failure'.

Not sure if you're into wrestling at all, but all the wrestlers die young due to drugs - either cocaine and the like, or steroids. Not one wrestler has ever had cause of death as 'drugs'. Its always heart failure. Even if they are fighting fit and barely 40.

This is also true in real life as a friend of a friend was 'relieved' that his daughter died of 'heart failure' rather than drugs.....despite being on drugs for 2 decades or more. His son knew better but never told him

Reply #508
The sad thing is the media know this very well, yet they happily distort reports for their own political purpose whenever the feel like doing so!

The 4th Estate is supposed to be the Guardian against spin, instead it's become the propagator of it!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #509
Premier Gladys B from NSW is thinking about relaxing isolation rules so we can have a bit of herd immunity as the virus slowly works its way through the strong and finds it way to the old, sick and weak cutting them from the herd.
She says there will have to be more infections and deaths so we can have the majority of the self immunized herd back on deck and getting back to normal, minus those who she has sacrificed in the process.
Good on you Gladys, you allowed those cruise ship passengers to run amok/infect half the country and now you might want to decide on who lives and who might suffer or die.
Daniel Andrews meanwhile wants to introduce stage 4 restrictions...never thought I would give Andrews any credit for anything but I'm glad I live in Victoria.