Skip to main content
Topic: JLT Round 1 - Blues v Hird's Old Crew (this Thursday, Princes Park) (Read 24703 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: JLT Round 1 - Blues v Hird's Old Crew (this Thursday, Princes Park)

Reply #196
Nice 16 minute overview..

What did you think of McGovern's game?

I thought without having a major influence, in that he didn't complete a number of possessions and often flew against team-mates, his running pattern and effect on our F50 structure was immediately evident. In terms of effort and effectiveness I couldn't really split McGovern and SoJ, they had a similar effectiveness but it's obvious McGovern has a presence that demands opposition respect.

Hopefully by the time Thursday night comes around he'll be fine tuned and ready to go, those fumbled or incomplete marks and frantic attempts will become conversions and assists.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #197
What did you think of McGovern's game?

I thought without having a major influence, in that he didn't complete a number of possessions and often flew against team-mates, his running pattern and effect on our F50 structure was immediately evident. In terms of effort and effectiveness I couldbn't really split McGovern and SoJ, they had a similar effectiveness.

Hopefully by the time Thursday night comes around he'll be fine tuned and ready to go, those fumbled or incomplete marks and frantic attempts will become conversions and assists.

He looked rusty and not in the same nick as his teammates to me.  Two goals from two kicks isn’t a bad start though  :)

There were signs of synergy between McGovern and Charlie and that’s promising.  It will be interesting to see how he progresses in the next game.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #198
He looked rusty and not in the same nick as his teammates to me.  Two goals from two kicks isn’t a bad start though  :)

There were signs of synergy between McGovern and Charlie and that’s promising.  It will be interesting to see how he progresses in the next game.

Yes, I agree, he looked desperate to get his hands on the footy which isn't a bad thing but he struggled to actually complete those attempts. It was obvious to me the attention he draws from the opposition. Not a bad two possession part game, perhaps as good as you can get! :o

It will be interesting to see if he has the fitness come Rnd 1.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #199
Yes, I agree, he looked desperate to get his hands on the footy which isn't a bad thing but he struggled to actually complete those attempts. It was obvious to me the attention he draws from the opposition. Not a bad two possession part game, perhaps as good as you can get! :o

It will be interesting to see if he has the fitness come Rnd 1.

I think the Terrier will have him cherry ripe for Round 1.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #200
I think the Terrier will have him cherry ripe for Round 1.

Yep. His attitude/endeavour was first rate. You can already see the Terrier's influence on our list... and there's much to be liked.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #201
Yep. His attitude/endeavour was first rate. You can already see the Terrier's influence on our list... and there's much to be liked.

here, here.
Finals, then 4 in a row!