Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 - What do you expect from the club? (Read 45614 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 - What do you expect from the club?

Reply #45
An exciting time ahead no doubt , but there are as many pot holes as well
With a full preseason ahead  of many of our recent additions and them having played some games last year they will train with a change of attitude. They will now know what to expect instead of the unknown factor. Those with the right mental attitude will think, "wow I can do this , I had some wins" , those softer on the mental side will need that direction from our coaching staff, so I hope thats recognised quickly by our off field guys. At this level the talent alone factor separates the heard. This will go a long way towards the direction of our season & the development going forward.

Reply #46
As an interesting comparison point, I wonder how many posters on the Richmond websites were predicting premierships after the trade period last year?

I'm sure most of their comments would have been "How can we kick a score - we've got Riewoldt and that's about it...."

Injury luck, a manageable draw and belief.  They can be the ingredients for almost anything.

The starting 6 in Richmond's GF team had the following games experience : 224, 51, 42, 36, 22 and 4.
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #47
Tigers got very, very lucky....zip injuries and in the GF the Crows played like a bunch of stoned crabs....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #48
Tigers got very, very lucky....zip injuries and in the GF the Crows played like a bunch of stoned crabs....
Indeed. having a list both complete, fit and in form was perfect for Richmond. None of the other contenders had their lists in as good a condition.

Western Bulldogs did it harder. Their list was in form, but it had a significant number of injuries, even to significant performers. But a number of players really lifted for the finals to career best form. Some of those players have not yet been able to reproduce that form.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #49
Same as last year, improvement, and the more the better!

I think we improved slightly this year, not as much as I had hoped, but at least I still saw us moving in the right direction.

I feel reasonably confident that we have the right people in the right places to keep us headed in the right direction, which means I can sit back and enjoy the ride!
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #50
Tigers and Dogs built depth...they had like for like coming into and out of the team....our twos were rubbish and couldnt compete most weeks.

Reply #51
Tigers and Dogs built depth...they had like for like coming into and out of the team....our twos were rubbish and couldnt compete most weeks.

We were fine when Jones and ACOS (and Graham) were playing in the 2s week in, week out.

Injuries....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #52
According to Buckenara, absolutely nothing from Norp!

No A-graders: Roos eye decade of Doom!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #53
As an interesting comparison point, I wonder how many posters on the Richmond websites were predicting premierships after the trade period last year?

I'm sure most of their comments would have been "How can we kick a score - we've got Riewoldt and that's about it...."

Injury luck, a manageable draw and belief.  They can be the ingredients for almost anything.

The starting 6 in Richmond's GF team had the following games experience : 224, 51, 42, 36, 22 and 4.

Firstly, Riewoldt is a coleman medalist, Casboult far from it.

Secondly, The tigers got lucky. Had a blessed run with injuries and that allowed them to play a balanced settled side and pick whoever they wanted, whenever they wanted.

Finally, we had the same luck with injuries that the tigers did for the first half of the year, but we, obviously, didn't have the same impact on the scoreboard and win column.

We'd be at longer odds than the dogs and the tigers combined.

Reply #54
Indeed. having a list both complete, fit and in form was perfect for Richmond. None of the other contenders had their lists in as good a condition.

Western Bulldogs did it harder. Their list was in form, but it had a significant number of injuries, even to significant performers. But a number of players really lifted for the finals to career best form. Some of those players have not yet been able to reproduce that form.

Richmond's opponents were shell shocked when they skipped away a bit in the 3/4. I really think they thought it was a case of just showing up
They lacked a leader when it mattered, and all the tigers lifted when they tasted blood. All of them.
Fking piss weak by the crows

Reply #55
Tigers weren't lucky, they finished half a game behind the Crows and Geelong but always had an edge about them that the top 2 sides didn't have.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #56
The Crows were complacent unfortunately and well off even decent form in the GF. I think the Lever fallout had a clear effect too.

Let's not forget the Crows beat the Tigers by 76 points in Rd 6.

What Carlton should take from the Tigers' win is that a good team, doing all the 1%ers well, will invariably prevail.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #57
The Crows were complacent unfortunately and well off even decent form in the GF. I think the Lever fallout had a clear effect too.

Let's not forget the Crows beat the Tigers by 76 points in Rd 6.

What Carlton should take from the Tigers' win is that a good team, doing all the 1%ers well, will invariably prevail.

What happens in rd 6 is irrelevant. Do you remember rd 8 and 9 from 1995?

The Crows and Geelong really were no better than last year, just a few sides dropped off. The Tigers were getting better and better as the year went on and were playing the type of football that wins premierships.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #58
I expect the club to:
 - show and practise good governance off field
 - improve its financial position
 - improve its on field prospects through being able to score more.  Improvement last year came through how many games we were in front in the last quarter.  Next year, we will need to win a few more of those

As an aside, interesting that Bulldogs hired the St Kilda guy that a few mentioned as CEO.  Also interesting that all is quiet on our recruitment of a CEO.  While Lethlean may be a foregone conclusion at least they are holding off announcing it to give the impression of time going into the recruitment process...

Reply #59
I expect to do better as we can't really do any worse than the last few years.

2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!