Skip to main content
Topic: AFLW - 4 blues cut. (Read 1267 times) previous topic - next topic

AFLW - 4 blues cut.

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/786686/blues-confirm-four-aflw-list-changes

The Carlton Football Club has informed Joanne Doonan, Emerson Woods, Katie Harrison and Sharnie Whiting that they will not be offered new contracts for next season.

The irish woman Jo Doonan makes sense. Played a couple games this year.
Who knows if/when she can come back to the country....if she even wants too....or if we want her too.

Harrison and Whiting never played a game.

Woods played the 1 and had some decent wraps on her. Good athlete IIRC.

Fair call in the end as competition for spots is magnified given the smaller list sizes.
With Sarah Hosking supposedly gone, and Elise O'Dea supposedly on the way in. It will mean 4 draft picks, unless we sign someone else.

Re: AFLW - 4 blues cut.

Reply #1
Bit sad about Doonan, I thought she showed something, but the COVID situation would have got her anyway so sort of makes her position untenable!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #2
Apparently Jayde van Dyk wants to go to St. Kilda. That is a disappointment, as she was important to our defence until she got injured. I'd be asking a fair bit for her, as she'd a good player.

Sarah Hosking for pick 15 appears to be a done deal. Disappointed in that. Sarah has been good for us.

Emmie Woods is also a disappointment as she has real pace. A life long Blue as well.  :-[

It appears that Melbourne want their cake and intend eating it as well. After telling some of their older players to look elsewhere, they intend to hold up their trades to get overs. Elise O'Dea is apparently one they want the biggest bikkies for, after basically shopping her around!
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #3
Apparently Jayde van Dyk wants to go to St. Kilda. That is a disappointment, as she was important to our defence until she got injured. I'd be asking a fair bit for her, as she'd a good player.

I don't mind that though.

We have a great defence that she'd struggle to get a game in.
Moving for opportunity is something i would never begrudge a player.

She wouldn't get a game in front Harrington, Wilson and Mua who dominated down back this year.
Gab Pound is an AA defender.
You've probably got someone else like Nat Plane or Jess Hosking down there as well.

Where does Van Dyke fit? She doesn't.