Skip to main content
Topic: Prespakis charged for tackle on Sarah Hosking - Appeal fails - 1 week suspension (Read 4722 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Prespakis charged for tackle on Sarah Hosking.

Reply #30
I did point out that it was just Kelli Underwood that called for Prespakis head. She was the first female commentator and IMO is by far the worst one. She calls the wrong players. Gets the rules wrong. Barracks. ....and she is just plain annoying to listen too IMO. Other female commentators or special comments girls are good. But i can't stand her.
/end rant.

When you rewatched...did you see the second hard tackle by prespakis on Hosking? She went off soon after that from memory.

I could not agree more. I always turn the sound off when she commentates. Dreadful commentator.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #31
Probably the best expert-comments commentator, male or female, is Daisy Pearce. Very knowledgeable and concise.

Reply #32
Probably the best expert-comments commentator, male or female, is Daisy Pearce. Very knowledgeable and concise.

Yes, agree.

Reply #33
100%
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #34
She was a complete disaster at 3AW when Rex Hunt gave her a free shot ... stuck up nobody

Reply #35
She was a complete disaster at 3AW when Rex Hunt gave her a free shot ... stuck up nobody

Reply #36

Daisy is OK, and several AFLW players, Lauren Arnell for one, are pretty good.  However, the likes of Parkin, Matthews and Malthouse are hard to go past.

Gilbert Macadam provides a different perspective and I think that Tony Armstrong will forge a great media career.

However, none of that detracts from the fact that Kelli doesn’t understand AFL rules, is inaccurate with her commentary, sensationalises incidents, creates her own narrative that doesn’t reflect reality, passes judgement on matters beyond her understanding, and has a grating voice.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #37
It was a solid tackle but probably not as hard as a couple that Maddie copped.  Sarah wasn’t inconvenienced in the slightest but was called off by the runner shortly after that tackle.
 That's tackle by the Nthmond MC, to make sure that nobody misses the Sarah tackle.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #39

Jury of Richard Loveridge, Stewart Loewe and Stephen Jurica are now deliberating

Re: Prespakis charged for tackle on Sarah Hosking - Appeal fails - 1 week suspension

Reply #41
Who is this Sarah Black? And what qualifies her to understand motion, momentum and so on?

"This vision is uncomfortable to watch," this is not the comment of a purely objective individual. Plenty of tackles are 'uncomfortable to watch,' and not reportable.

Disagree. And not impressed.

Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Re: Prespakis charged for tackle on Sarah Hosking - Appeal fails - 1 week suspension

Reply #42
Who is this Sarah Black? And what qualifies her to understand motion, momentum and so on?

"This vision is uncomfortable to watch," this is not the comment of a purely objective individual. Plenty of tackles are 'uncomfortable to watch,' and not reportable.

lol.....Sarah Black is reporting on what is being said at the tribunal.

None of that was her personal opinion.

FWIW, she is the #1 reporter on all things AFLW.
She does the top 30 ala Mike Sheehans Top 50.
She has a few shows/podcasts.
She is the one that gets the AFLW stories.

Reply #43

I still think its about the look of the game, thats not what the AFL want to see on TV with young women and their parents watching and the womens game will be a very sanitized version of the male game until its established.
Maddie got unlucky and it wasnt malicious but its more about sending a message that a player in a vulnerable position requires a duty of care to be shown. You send a real message when you suspend the best player in the comp and I think thats what this case was more about.
Potential Head injuries in all sports are coming under scrutiny more and I believe international cricket will have a new set of rules regarding short pitched bowling soon. With all the research into concussion and later effects in life I can see a lot of contact sports being affected as governing bodies look to protect themselves by reducing the legal repercussion risks of head injuries even at the cost of making the game over sanitized.

Reply #44
Sorry,  but this is bulls hit. The message it sends is.... Lay a good strong tackle and you're in trouble. What message is that sending?  Don't play hard?

I can remember Bryce Gibbs getting nailed for a sling tackle - fair enough too - but there were two just as bad the following week and they both got off. Surprise surprise....not.

If they AFL is truly worried about "the look",  how the F does Marinoff get off after practically putting a player into the spinal unit?

Mark my words,  the next hard tackle won't be cited,  of course it won't.   This is the deadset crappiest tribunal decision ever,  and there's been some crap ones. It verges on rampant Carlton bashing.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?