Skip to main content
Topic: Onfield Leaders - Do We Have Them Now ??  (Read 6548 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Onfield Leaders - Do We Have Them Now ??

Reply #15
Sticks, Fitzy, Nicholls....there is a precedence for taller skippers who are winners and Mossie has a point...

Sam Rowe is a leader IMO...brave on and off the field, works hard, sticks up for his mates......wouldnt mind S Rowe in the leadership group and being a VC to Murphy...the latter was brave last season, tried to set the example which is hard when you are a little bloke and I admire the way he stood up to the early criticsm from the media and supporters(me included).

Henderson doesnt strike me as captain material......I think the next captain might be P. Cripps when he establishes himself as a regular and K.Jaksch is another who has the presence to team with Cripps and be his right hand man and lead the club to bigger and better things...

Reply #16
I agree with Rowe. I would put him in the leadership group and make him VC. Let him know how important he is to the playing group. Leading from defence as Maxwell for the Pies. I think he is better than Maxwell was by the way.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #17
I reckon the clean out of recent times is to weed out the weak of mind and fortitude.

From all reports Cripps is a strong leader, Graham a beast of a trainer, Whiley ditto and KJ an extrovert..

I think Ellard and Armfield got kept because of their work ethic and they are courageous.

Daisy was brought in for similar reasons and Docherty seems to like taking responsibility, even though he shanks a couple late in games, at least he WANTS the footy.

All in all, I'd say our on-field leadership is much better than it has been for sometime.

You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #18
Gees, gone early on Jaksch EB... though agree with you on Cripps... he dragged the NBs over the line in at least one game off his own bat and appears a natural leader. 
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?