Skip to main content
Topic: Lyon V Brownless Stoush (Read 58852 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Lyon V Brownless Stoush

Reply #195
Don't know what SEN are thinking keeping those two, they're both tainted for different reasons. Smells of mates looking after mates, definitely not an objective decision. So many recently retired players with smarts and personality and NO BAGGAGE!

Yes, nepotism is alive and well in the AFL.

Fair dinkum, if I'm not the dumbest member on these forums, I don't know who is. Why I continue to get sucked in to your hyperbolic trash talk is beyond me.

There is no hyperbole in regards to Watson trash talking AFL clubs other than CheatsFC, it's his way and he is very good at doing it in a subtle enough way to stir up supporter or media trouble without being identified as a source!

If you are naive enough to think stuff like that doesn't go on, have a look at the new Fox Footy Ad, the Ad with McGuire and others breaking through banners, and work out which club gets alternative treatment. Many of them are hard at sh1te stirring, and if our own club is under-represented then it's a target.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #196
Whether inadvertently or deliberately, you seem to confuse conspiracy theories and supposed examples of sneaky behavior as genuine observational or analytical ability. How many of your posts have some comment like "if you can't see x"  "if you're so naive as to think......". Well I'm not buying.

Timmy knows exactly what side of his bread is buttered, and so do I, and so do many others. Your constant spitballs trying to highlight all these behind the scenes shenanigans are both patronizing and tiresome, and generally baseless.

Notwithstanding the PED's saga, the Bombers have been a much better run outfit than us. Their recruiting has been better, and their off field professionalism has seen to it that they cultivate relationships in all the right places. Instead of having an a#hole like Elliott trying to stick it up to everyone, we should've been doing exactly the same. 

Reply #197
Whether inadvertently or deliberately, you seem to confuse conspiracy theories and supposed examples of sneaky behavior as genuine observational or analytical ability. How many of your posts have some comment like "if you can't see x"  "if you're so naive as to think......". Well I'm not buying.

Timmy knows exactly what side of his bread is buttered, and so do I, and so do many others. Your constant spitballs trying to highlight all these behind the scenes shenanigans are both patronizing and tiresome, and generally baseless.

Notwithstanding the PED's saga, the Bombers have been a much better run outfit than us. Their recruiting has been better, and their off field professionalism has seen to it that they cultivate relationships in all the right places. Instead of having an a#hole like Elliott trying to stick it up to everyone, we should've been doing exactly the same.

There is nothing "behind the scenes" in comments made front of camera, and you may well be naive if you think Watson isn't using his position to favor the club he loves and that his son plays for.

Just as Evans Snr, Sheedy, Demetriou did during their era of influence. Or would you have us ignore how CheatsFC benefited including a slap on the wrist for under the table payments in a premiership year and an incredibly favorable and exclusive deal to be Docklands first tenant. What other impacts remain of that era, and how has that impacted on where CheatsFC sit today!

Instead just keep blaming Elliott from more than a decade and a half ago for our current situation and hope if we are nice AFL boys it'll all come good!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #198
The reason they receive favorable treatment is precisely because of the smart relationship cultivation which I referred to in my previous post. Something we should've been doing for years instead of telling everyone how arrogant we are.

Reply #199
The reason they receive favorable treatment is precisely because of the smart relationship cultivation which I referred to in my previous post. Something we should've been doing for years instead of telling everyone how arrogant we are.

I agree relationships are everything, and politics do enter sport like it or not! But I am not suggesting we need to be arrogant "behind the scenes", towards the AFL administration or at any significant official level.

But we must be aware that it's not a level playing field.

It's not too hard for CheatsFC to cultivate a relationship when the AFL Chairman, CEO and Uber Coach / Game Spokesperson are in hindsight all die-hard CheatsFC supporters. We don't even have to go into the Ch.7 nepotism that sees CheatsFC supporters dominate the Melbourne newsroom and sports department.

What of The Hun's AFL coverage, do you think it is an accident that so many generic football stories feature a CheatsFC image?

We seem to have failed at this because after being stomped on by the above CheatsFC hierarchy we were way too gun shy to make proper use of the Fitzpatrick era. Now that opportunity is lost, those CheatsFC blaggards were not so backwards in coming forwards when the opportunity arose. I suggest we should be the same!

Fwiw, there isn't a single AFL club in the 2016 top eight that hasn't recently been assisted by either the AFL or government.

We need a bias to get off the bottom rungs of the ladder, hope and good intentions won't do it! :o

The bias Watson exhibits is plain for all to see, and back on topic I contend a major reason for the SEN ratings issues. Listeners are just sick of it.

As for his motives for talking down Carlton and others. Carlton is just another child begging for AFL attention and at the moment we are not in focus. Watson's motives are the same as Nthmond's or McGuire's recent jump on the boutique stadium bandwagon. If there is a slice of pie Watson wants CheatsFC to get the first slice, and talking down opponents is a good start. He implies by his criticism of other clubs that "Surely they(The AFL) wouldn't waste time and money on them!" as he strolls around the Anzac Day game lauding it's success despite it having a newly found taint!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #200
Going by your theory, there are 16 other teams that are in the same "disadvantaged" boat as us. If the situation was as lopsided as you suggest, and blatant favoritism is shown to one club and one club only, then why do all the other clubs go along with it ?

Probably because the situation is not as lopsided as you like to make out.

Reply #201
Going by your theory, there are 16 other teams that are in the same "disadvantaged" boat as us. If the situation was as lopsided as you suggest, and blatant favoritism is shown to one club and one club only, then why do all the other clubs go along with it ?

Probably because the situation is not as lopsided as you like to make out.

I would expect other clubs are equally unhappy about the media coverage, what makes you think they aren't?

How much the biased coverage translates to real world effects is hard if not impossible to judge, but that media bias exists like it or not!

In the nest the loudest chick gets the worm, at the moment Carlton is one chick that is starving while it's bullish brother stands on it's head.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #202
Media bias or not, every club has supporters with a persecution complex, that believe their club has been unfairly treated. You can complain as much as you like about the unfair Etihad deal, draft penalties, sneaky comments by Timmy and everything else. Fact is, as we sit here in 2017, 90% of our problems are self inflicted.

Reply #203
Media bias or not, every club has supporters with a persecution complex, that believe their club has been unfairly treated. You can complain as much as you like about the unfair Etihad deal, draft penalties, sneaky comments by Timmy and everything else. Fact is, as we sit here in 2017, 90% of our problems are self inflicted.

Ignoring the past for now, just worrying about the future. Climbing a ladder is hard enough without having some wanker stomping on your fingers or throwing rocks at you!

Watson is the commentary equivalent of a sniper, if our club did exactly what he recommends he would flip and claim we were doing the wrong thing!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #204
Another topic high jacked.......