Skip to main content
Topic: VFL Rd 11: Northern Blues vs Box Hill Hawks (Read 5810 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: VFL Rd 11: Northern Blues vs Box Hill Hawks

Reply #15
If O'Shea nominates for the PSD or Rookie Draft do we offer him a spot?

He is still only 25!
He will be drafted. The only question is, by whom? We have the 'inside running' if we want him badly enough, because he came to us to resurrect his career. We've helped him. But we have to stake our claim.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #16
What size shape position is Cam O'Shea??

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #17
With the wind...

Q2  -  2.6
Q4  -  2.8

big ouch.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #18

Reports vary, but I reckon he's about the same height as Marchbank or ACoS, but perhaps heavier.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #19
He is small to medium defender. He is actually around 192 cm tall (according to Google), but he plays a smaller role. He weighs in at around 90 kg. Not a lot different to Plowman and Marchbank.
I was quite surprised by that, seeing that he doesn't take the taller forwards much at all.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #20
O'Shea is 193cm I think (though Wikipedia has given him another 4cm). So the same size as Marchbank.

His knock was always on his kicking if memory serves. Clearly he knows how to get the ball.

Reply #21
O'Shea is 193cm I think (though Wikipedia has given him another 4cm). So the same size as Marchbank.

His knock was always on his kicking if memory serves. Clearly he knows how to get the ball.

Turnover merchant at half back for Port...been better at VFL level but less pressure of course....has a bit of fight in him though and doesnt mind a
bit of push and shove, some chance to be be rookied but not if Alex Silvagni is still a rookie IMO..

Reply #22

Stats can sometimes be misleading, but they do have their uses.
[1] Judging just on those, Palmer and Boekhorst had GOOD games. What was it they were NOT doing as the coaches required? It had to e something, or they would have been rated higher.
[2] Michael Stavrou is one to watch. I have been impressed by him. My only question is simple: does he have enough pace for AFL? He has poise and a great set of hands.
[3] We lost the ruck, but not too badly just looking at the stats. Korchek must have been more effective this week. However, we does appear to have been the lone ranger in the ruck. We will do better with ruck support. Pity Phillips is not going to be the one, as he dominates at this level.
[4] 14 possessions for Casey Byrne is a slight improvement. If I were Carlton I would be approaching his gams this season as an extended pre-season for 2019. To get his speed and direction changing back, as well as a touch of confidence, should be what we are looking for in him for the rest of the season.
[5] 5 possessions for Armfield, 6 for Lebois and 6 for Harry McKay are simply not good enough. Armfield might be the on-field general, but unless he starts getting some ball and making a real difference, he may as well retire.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #23
Who decides "best" in this pink and purple table Crash? The coaches?

Pickett at the bottom too!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #24
Who decides "best" in this pink and purple table Crash? The coaches?

Pickett at the bottom too!
It may not be the coaches, but it definitely comes from inside the club. I THINK it is the coaches and the MC, but I could be wrong.

Yes, I was hoping from more from Pickett, but he is very up and down. So, it appears, is Polson. But, at this point in his development, he needs a WINNING ruck and we don't have it.
A bit more hard work from both of those guys won't go astray at all.
Live Long and Prosper!