Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 15: Post Game Passion: Carlton vs Adelaide (Read 36850 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 15: Post Game Passion: Carlton vs Adelaide

Reply #15
Our best is good enough, we just have to sustain it longer.

And that is the progress we're all witness to.
Great effort, CFC is on song a year and a half into a rebuild.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #16
Crouch boys hurt us in the last quarter, Crows probably had a few more litres of gas in the tank and we had a few sore players.
Probably needed Rowe or ACOS down back to have that one stronger body at times...Jenkins who I dont rate probably hurt us at times being bigger and stronger than our blokes who played on him..
Jones beat Walker and Eddie was held to two goals so overall we did a good job down back..
Down forward Charlie Curnow was great but didnt get much reward for his efforts...

Reply #17
The way we're going about it this year we'd have be pretty close to filling the bottom end of the 8 next year. It won't take much more improvement.

Reply #18
The way we're going about it this year we'd have be pretty close to filling the bottom end of the 8 next year. It won't take much more improvement.

PA performance aside. I agree.
We beat the flag favorite in a nail biter, and challenge another fave until the last 5/60.

Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #19
Good to be watching games that we are in a position to win, our improvement is a real positive, Charlie is going to be very good based on Levers reputation
Looking forward to the next two years :)

Reply #20
Crows are average.
I was hoping to be out of this disciplined rebuilding phase to build depth as an A grade key forward and A grade midfielder would do wonders next season. Charlie had a great game - wouldnt call it a break out game but is getting better with every game he plays. Will tear a game apart soon enough. Dont like Sumner and Sheehan - they are a waste of time.

Reply #21
Thought Kruze was awesome today, gave Sam a real contest and come out in front in my opinion

Reply #22
We lack polish but we no longer lack the will to win.
A key forward and another bulldog midfielder with some skills and we'd push the 8 next season, without them we'll harass and annoy the top sides in the home and away but won't be involved in September.
Jones' rebirth is frankly staggering, no one in their wildest dreams would have thought him capable of this sort of football.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #24
In relation to comments about Fisher needing to go back to the 2's. I said he deserves to stay in the 1's.
BS. the kid needs to learn how to find the footy..

At present, he's  Witches' hat.

Which is an opinion i obviously don't share.

But then...
Don'tjudge blokes after 1 game bck in, it was the more senior types who failed/./
So.....are we supposed to be dropping Fisher or not? He was only back for 1 game after all.

Reply #25
Sign Liam Jones NOW.....
BOG for mine. Commentators talking about him being in AA form ^-^
Who'd have thought. Onya Jonesy

Rubbish.

Don't play him for the rest of the year. Trade him at years end. His value couldn't possible get higher and he surely couldn't play this good for much longer.

Cash in when the price is at max value!!!

First rounder+ at present.
;)

Reply #27
In relation to comments about Fisher needing to go back to the 2's. I said he deserves to stay in the 1's.
Which is an opinion i obviously don't share.

But then...So.....are we supposed to be dropping Fisher or not? He was only back for 1 game after all.

If Fisher needs to go down a level, then Murphy can lead the way. Our so called captain repeated last week's performance. Trade bait. Get rid of him while he has currency.
Keep the Faith

Reply #28
If Fisher needs to go down a level, then Murphy can lead the way. Our so called captain repeated last week's performance. Trade bait. Get rid of him while he has currency.

its a scacred cow thing. He can play, no doubt. Our problem is, he plays when he feels like it, rarely when its crunch time lately

Reply #29
A palpable improvement on last week's effort. Halting and turning around the first 19 minute onslaught was excellent (though it shouldn't have happened in the first place). From that moment onward we outscored them by 2 goals.

Feel a great deal more encouraged than at game's conclusion last week. There was a team discipline from around the 19minute mark of the 1st qtr onward that was nothing short of impressive.

Very happy with the CEOs assurances that Gibbs will see out his contract at PP. Great.

Good-bye Sumner. And, sadly, possibly Sheehan.

Well done Sam Kerridge, had something to prove and did. Charlie C is something special.

Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17