Skip to main content
Topic: TFS Rebooted (Read 5788 times) previous topic - next topic

TFS Rebooted

I'm watching, I like it. Reminds me of Before the Game.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Re: TFS Rebooted

Reply #1
I guess I was the only one in Melbourne who tuned in.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #2
I watched it, but I'm not sure what can be said!

It looks like a work in progress, and it came across like a summary of the other shows. It will be interesting to see how they go after they have some games to talk about, because it looks to me like it's setup to actually talk more footy once they have some footy to talk about!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #3
Why the footy show is irrelevant:

Its year 3 of AFL W, and they are still concentrating solely on mens football.

Innovate people.  Get on board earlier and use some lesser lights and concentrate on womens footy for a bit.

It wont hurt.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #4

Innovate people.  Get on board earlier and use some lesser lights and concentrate on womens footy for a bit.

It wont hurt.
Like the Front Bar do right?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #5

It wont hurt.

I haven't watched it for a long time, occasionally change the channel and notice its on, watch for 5 minutes and move on.

On one of these occasions i happened to see Darcy Vescio on it. She did alright, was very outgoing and seems to enjoy the limelight. A natural. Within 5 minutes Sam Newman had made some comment about trying to get her into his car....and it went south from there. Darcy handled it well and largely ignored Sam, but called him on it too.

Perhaps thats why they don't focus on AFLW anymore.

Reply #6
I flicked between TFB and TFS last night, I thought TFS was much better than the first week and they actually spent far more time discussing football in detail.

Yet the TFS ratings crashed, I suspect because the traditional audience wants the buffoonery! I thought Lloyd and Cornes actually made sense without being controversial. For me to credit either of those two the commentary must have been of reasonable quality and impartial.

Ironically, I thought TFB had lost some of it's gloss, it's starting to feel a bit repetitious! I don't know how long Mick Molloy has signed for but I suspect it will grow old rapidly if they don't get the Molloy, Pang and Maher mix right.

One thing is clear, past player talent is very thin on the ground. There are just too many jobs for the boys and not enough quality commentators. This is partially due to the laziness of network producers who use the employment of past players and a free pass to the back-rooms.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #7
I don't like either show to be honest.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #8
Love The Front Bar, and oh so smart not to mess with the successful format.

I caught some of the Thursday Footy Show (on a Wednesday) and it is a vast improvement on that previous cr@p. Given time it'll improve in the ratings but probably not to the level it was. Sadly, buffoonery (as the Spotted One so aptly named it) does rate. But for those who like a laugh (without mocking and ridiculing women, the disabled, the mentally ill etc), The Front Bar delivers.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #10
Haven't watched too much of TFS over the past two weeks. However, last year, there was one significant difference (among many.) The Footy Show loves to feature the bogans in the audience as much as they can. The Front Bar has a very limited audience and they are never featured (expect for the 'back of the heads' shot going into a break. Frenzied vs (reasonably) sophisticated.

Reply #11
Ive always liked both shows to be honest, I tape both however I always find myself watching TFS and watching the taped Front Bar sometimes. Dunno if its habit, blind loyalty, not sure but its always been a Thurs night ritual to have it on, sometimes in the background. The Front Bar has SFA footy content, mostly 2 fools hamming it up and one straight guy (who tends to cop it alot off the other two).
I dont mind the new format of TFS, Lemo is ok, Nez (apart from the loud laugh) is an upgrade on Bec, Fev is Fev and Alcott is a funny guy. I notice that when guest come on, they dont have their football apparel on, street clothes only. Cox last week, Dimma and Angus Brayshaw this week.
It could not be any worse than that f-cked up Married at First Site garbage. Talk about trash!!
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #12
Prefer Footy classified to all the other shows, I'm not looking for a variety show and TV personalities, I prefer a Footy show that gives me some info and update on footy issues.
I did watch the CH9 footy show for a period but tired of its childish humour, Eddies Collingwood excesses and Sam's twisted/staged opinions.

re: Married at first sight...yep...pile of scripted garbage that the women in my family love :-X

Reply #13
Prefer Footy classified to all the other shows, I'm not looking for a variety show and TV personalities, I prefer a Footy show that gives me some info and update on footy issues.
I did watch the CH9 footy show for a period but tired of its childish humour, Eddies Collingwood excesses and Sam's twisted/staged opinions.

re: Married at first sight...yep...pile of scripted garbage that the women in my family love :-X
Yep FC is a good show. Never watch Talking Footy as I hate all the presenters to a man.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #14
Woman? There's blokes at work who are into it FFS. Its the talk of kitchen, I absolutely give it to em and tell them how brain dead they must be. I guess I do get some entertainment out that.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th