Skip to main content
Topic: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ?? (Read 572831 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ??

Reply #1560
I reckon Carey will play next test,  Paine's finger is mush.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #1561
Just quietly guys, 9/279
40 to win
Lyon 36/44 balls
Hazlewood 7/29
Dare to dream !
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #1562
We never win close ones.   Pleased they had a decent go.  Lesson is,  bat time,  runs will come.   Every time we forced the issue we got out.

Reply #1563
We never win close ones.   Pleased they had a decent go.  Lesson is,  bat time,  runs will come.   Every time we forced the issue we got out.

Happy now mate ?
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #1564
The tail papered over the very large cracks in the top order, we need some players who not only can, but want to, bat time. I just can't see who they are at the moment. Warne suggested bringing in Stoinis for Handscomb, I just can't see it, Stoinis is a hitter, not a stayer, and we need a stayer (see Pujara)

Reply #1565
Geee that last catch looked very, very iffy to my eye......
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #1566
I'm a zillion miles from happy  but considering how few contributors we had I'm surprised we got this close
  I reckon India are a bit suspect as well.  Two batting collapses and coughed up close to 300 to a side that was beaten two days ago.   If they're #1 we aren't light years off it.  Need to learn from our obvious mistakes.

Reply #1567
I'm a zillion miles from happy  but considering how few contributors we had I'm surprised we got this close
  I reckon India are a bit suspect as well.  Two batting collapses and coughed up close to 300 to a side that was beaten two days ago.   If they're #1 we aren't light years off it.  Need to learn from our obvious mistakes.

You weren't all that far off Prof :)

Reply #1568
BTW,  I'm with Fly,  that last "catch" was grassed.   Indians wouldn't want to birch about umpiring etc,  they had a good run.

Reply #1569
Bowlers gotta bowl out the other mob and make the runs.  >:( >:( This current crop of batsmen should hang their heads in shame. In the good old days, Langer, Haydos and Punter would have made those runs on their ear while the bowlers would have been doing recovery sessions in readiness for the next test.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #1570
Yep, even last year we would have flogged this mob  but it's up to the group we have to get better.   Can't rely on a Border,  Steve Waugh,  Clarke or Smith to cover up for the ineptitude of the collective.  Take responsibility, get better.

As Kerry said to Ritch (paraphrasing billy Birmingham)... "don't get bitter,  get better".

Reply #1571
Paine's injury probably saves Finch, in my opinion only Finch or Handscomb can captain.

I heard someone on the radio suggest Marsh should captain, and to also bring in the other Marsh as a bowler. I realise it's Perth but what the feck are they thinking?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1572
Paine's injury probably saves Finch, in my opinion only Finch or Handscomb can captain.

I heard someone on the radio suggest Marsh should captain, and to also bring in the other Marsh as a bowler. I realise it's Perth but what the feck are they thinking?

Paine will be playing.....that finger of his must look like pulp...but he'll play.  Still haven't forgiven Dirk Nannes for that....... in an effing exhibition game.
Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.

Reply #1573
Paine will be playing.....that finger of his must look like pulp...but he'll play.  Still haven't forgiven Dirk Nannes for that....... in an effing exhibition game.

I'm thinking about Nick Maddinson today, similar circumstances in that a result in a four day game was already way out of WA's reach.

If Paine can't keep he can't play, I can't see us going with Paine as a batsmen and picking Carey simply because Paine would be a hand injured batsmen on the countries fastest bouncing wicket.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1574
I like Paine,  solid cricketer but if his hand is no good,  Carey plays.

As for captain,  no idea.  None of the bats deserve it,  they've got enough crap to deal with.   Maybe Lyon, as senior player and established senior player,  fields close enough to bowlers to speak to them.