Skip to main content
Topic: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ?? (Read 572995 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ??

Reply #1620
Our batsmen are certainly our Achilles' Heel at the moment. Very ordinary.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #1621
I like Travis.   Basic technique, no frills... But slashing two catches to third man in the one match... Really?  

Shot selection has been putrid, again,  and I'm looking at you Mr Hick.   Do your pucking job or puck off, because whatever message youre pushing isn't getting through to these Muppets.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #1622
I like Travis.   Basic technique, no frills... But slashing two catches to third man in the one match... Really?  

Shot selection has been putrid, again,  and I'm looking at you Mr Hick.   Do your pucking job or puck off, because whatever message youre pushing isn't getting through to these Muppets.

Nothing to do with Hick.
These blokes have been born and bred on garbage cricket.
Change the academy or centre of excellence and change the style of cricketer that emerges from it

Reply #1623
Well,  he's the batting coach isn't he?   What does he do all day,  cut oranges and chalk the crease lines?  

I agree with you on the academy,  it's a joke.   We don't have the right people in charge and their message is failing. It's not producing test batsmen,  in technique nor temperament.

The mindset of our batsmen is rancid,  they're playing stupid cricket.  What pains me more is that if we ditch these blokes,  there are no obvious replacements.   Nobody seems prepared to bat themselves in,  they all seem to have a manic desire to play preconceived shots after a run of dot balls.  

The soft nature of these dismissals....  Shakes head in disbelief.

Reply #1624
Our batsmen are certainly our Achilles' Heel at the moment. Very ordinary.

I think it's both batting and bowling, our players and coaches are making excuses for poor to average bowling on a deadly pitch. India get hold of a pill and it again magically looks unplayable.

Bad batting certainly yes, good bowling no way in hell!

Nothing to do with Hick.
These blokes have been born and bred on garbage cricket.
Change the academy or centre of excellence and change the style of cricketer that emerges from it

Yep, this is the long term price the national team will pay because the ACB's emphasis on T20 and ODI. If the ACB keep bending over for the BCCI and it will continue indefinitely.

Keep in mind, most of the Indian's are trained and coached by premium former test playing Australians at the MRF Academies, while the ACB hires a bunch of B-Graders.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1625
BTW...as an ex-fast bowler & someone has loved the art of quick bowling for decades.......I have no idea how Bumrah bowls 147 ks.  It just shouldn't be possible with that runup & action.
Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.

Reply #1626
BTW...as an ex-fast bowler & someone has loved the art of quick bowling for decades.......I have no idea how Bumrah bowls 147 ks.  It just shouldn't be possible with that runup & action.

It's the new rules Malo, in slow motion he looks like a half throw, but now that is allowed in the rules.

Bumrah is more of a pitcher than a bowler.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1627
It's the new rules Malo, in slow motion he looks like a half throw, but now that is allowed in the rules.

Bumrah is more of a pitcher than a bowler.

what are the new rules?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #1628
what are the new rules?

The Muttiah Muralitharan rules, changed to allow up to 15° elbow bend.

This pitch is looking better and better, Australia need at least 300+ lead to secure a win.

If Australia declare at 250 ahead they could well lose!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1629
Usman has played a great innings here in tough conditions.
Paine has been rock solid since taking over this mob.
Considering the line up, he has done a great job

Reply #1630
Paine makes a lot of scores between 30 and 40, typically under a lot of pressure.   Be nice to see him go on one day and post a really big score for his self belief.

Reply #1631
Sharma next drop - a worse bat than Glen McGrath....

Should be easy to win from here....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #1632
Sharma next drop - a worse bat than Glen McGrath....

Should be easy to win from here....

Lock it in...India will be back in the sheds by lunch time tomorrow, very long tail of batting duds....
Cant believe they didnt play Ravindra Jadeja...handy lower order bat , real crafty left arm spinner and one of the premier fielders in the world.....

Reply #1633
I think it will be flat tomorrow morning, but up to lunch, and just after, it will be action stations for the Australian bowlers.

How good is Nathan Lyon? A very good player now.

Reply #1634
Lyons been outstanding for a couple of years now, I never woulda thunk it...
Let’s go BIG !