Skip to main content
Topic: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ?? (Read 572939 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ??

Reply #1665
I think the chest puffed up and causing the collision (albeit very minor) with Paine is over the line. Leave that cr@p for the football field.

The mistake was Paine should have collapsed in a heap, been stretchered off the ground, claimed racism, called for Kohli's head on a platter, sued the BCCI for compensation and indirectly incited Australian supporters to bomb the Indian tour bus by stating publicly something very inflammatory like, "I'm not responsible for how Australian supporters are going to react to this provocation of it's countries captain!"

Then it would be equivalent to an Indian reaction to an Australian player bumping one of them!

But you cannot have it both ways, soon all the emotion will be gone as a result of the media highlighting these behaviors, then the same media will complain the game as telecast is boring and lacking in real viewer interest. The perpetually suffer from a grass is greener syndrome.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1666
He is the best cricketer in the world and our guys carried on like pork chops for years and we thought it was great because we were smashing everyone.

He aint the best cricketer in the world.
Steve Smith might be suspended but still lives on planet earth

Reply #1667
Re the contact, Kasogi Rabada is allowed to shoulder charge our batsmen after he gets them out. It's not just Kohli that gets away with whatever he wants

Reply #1668
Where were the umpires when Kohli stepped into Paine's space... Grow a pair you weak pr1cks.

We Aussie's do it,  we're +-*,s,  when Kohli does it everybody looks the other way.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #1669
Where were the umpires when Kohli stepped into Paine's space... Grow a pair you weak pr1cks.

We Aussie's do it,  we're +-*,s,  when Kohli does it everybody looks the other way.

Yep, there was no need for that and Kohli again just looking for a reaction to break the batsmans concentration...Paine did well to avoid and move away and
Kohli should have been warned for that action by the umpires who seem to want to avoid confronting Kohli about his poor behaviour.
Its a shame because he is a great batsman and will be remembered more for this childish stuff he goes on with.

Reply #1670
If you ever need evidence that the BCCI use the IPL for political purposes to influence and control cricket check out the recent auction / bidding results. Aussie players have effectively been locked out.

Very racist behaviour from the Indians.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1671
If you ever need evidence that the BCCI use the IPL for political purposes to influence and control cricket check out the recent auction / bidding results. Aussie players have effectively been locked out.

Very racist behaviour from the Indians.

You do realise that there are 9 Australian players ‘retained’ by IPL teams as well as some coaches.

Given that CA has required our World Cup squad to attend a training camp that clashes with the IPL and there is an overlap with the Sheffield Shield, the number of Aussies involved seems surprisingly high.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #1672
Interestingly, I was listening to ABC RN this morning on my way to work. The sports guy was talking about a bit of backlash in India against Kohli's behaviour. Apparently one of the most high profile Bollywood actors has called him out.

Reply #1673
You do realise that there are 9 Australian players ‘retained’ by IPL teams as well as some coaches.

Given that CA has required our World Cup squad to attend a training camp that clashes with the IPL and there is an overlap with the Sheffield Shield, the number of Aussies involved seems surprisingly high.

That explains why two dozen of our best T20 cricketers didn't receive a bid, how many is in our WC squad again?

All sorts for excuses can be made for this, but the reality is Test and other International commitments have never stopped bids before because players only get paid if they actually play. These days guys could be in Mumbai playing IPL today and back for the domestic comp on the weekend.

Money talks!

And it's not just the IPL, T20 comps are becoming ubiquitous even privatised. Players can be in three different countries playing games in just a fortnight. Punter and Slater even joked about Ben Cutting's Frequent Flyer Pts on last nights Big Bash telecast! It puts pay to the idea they don't really make much money, with all the comps I heard players like Lynn made as much as $5M / $6M in a calender year, speculation was that his recent spate of injuries cost him more than $3M in lost earnings. Why would they play for Australia, the only country that can match these T20 wages for it's Test cricketers is India!

Put it this way, 3 years ago Lynn could have earned 1200% less by being Australia's Test Captain!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1674
Interestingly, I was listening to ABC RN this morning on my way to work. The sports guy was talking about a bit of backlash in India against Kohli's behaviour. Apparently one of the most high profile Bollywood actors has called him out.

Yes, Naseeruddin Shah has had a crack:

“Virat K is not only the world’s best batsman but also the world’s worst behaved player,” he wrote on his Facebook page.

“His cricketing brilliance pales beside his arrogance and bad manners... And I have no intention of leaving the country by the way.”
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #1675
That explains why two dozen of our best T20 cricketers didn't receive a bid, how many is in our WC squad again?

All sorts for excuses can be made for this, but the reality is Test and other International commitments have never stopped bids before because players only get paid if they actually play. These days guys could be in Mumbai playing IPL today and back for the domestic comp on the weekend.

At this stage, about 75% of the foreign player allowance has been used:

11 Aussies
9 Kiwis
8 Saffies
7 Windies
5 Poms
3 Afghanis
1 Bangladeshi
1 Nepali

And no Sri Lankans - definitely something dodgy there  ;)

Reply #1676
Shah has a big pair.... Kudos for telling it how it is.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #1677
Reckon they're top 6 have been better, they may have bowled better but the main difference, interestingly, has been tailend batting. Ours bat to no.11 while their last few go out for bugger all. Our 8-11 must've made 150 runs more this series, alot in lower scoring games.

Reply #1678
I think if Ashwin plays, given the pitches are going to be flatter in the next 2 tests, we might find it tough... but there isn’t a lot between the two teams in our conditions.

Reply #1679
Reckon they're top 6 have been better, they may have bowled better but the main difference, interestingly, has been tailend batting. Ours bat to no.11 while their last few go out for bugger all. Our 8-11 must've made 150 runs more this series, alot in lower scoring games.

Yet from perilous circumstances India have made around 250 twice, when they should have really struggled to make 200.

I think if we had delivered three sessions of good bowling we would have won Adelaide as well, am I being unfair?
The Force Awakens!