Skip to main content
Topic: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ?? (Read 572698 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ??

Reply #1695
Can't agree Eb.

The pitch produced the best part of 5 days of pretty darn entertaining cricket - neither bat nor ball dominated. A century was scored and a few good half centuries.

India's lack of a front line spinner and a woefully long tail......the difference.

Entertaining is one thing, and that it certainly was, going from dangerous to shooting randomly is not a great pitch. That middle session on day 4 was plainly dangerous and that was from a short bowler bowling 135k.

Reply #1696
Entertaining is one thing, and that it certainly was, going from dangerous to shooting randomly is not a great pitch. That middle session on day 4 was plainly dangerous and that was from a short bowler bowling 135k.

I'll admit I didn't watch a lot of the game!  :-X
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #1697
I can understand dropping Handscombe, but why replace him with a bloke who isn't bowling and has even less elapsed form with the bat!?!
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #1698
It'll be an interesting toss.  Prefer we bat first

Reply #1699
I can understand dropping Handscombe, but why replace him with a bloke who isn't bowling and has even less elapsed form with the bat!?!

Agreed, Stoinis a better option....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #1700
Id like to know what Marsh has done to get so many golden opportunities.  The photos or videos or whatever he has must be damning.

Reply #1701

Yes, it must have been an interesting conversation with Handscombe, “You’re out of form so we’re replacing you with a bloke who is even more out of form!”

Langer made it very clear that Marsh was included because of his bowling so it will be interesting to see if he bowls more than a couple of overs.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #1702
If Mitch only bowls a handful of overs it will be damning on Langer IMO.

$@-*,! Me off no end when coaches and selectors play favourites.

Reply #1703
To be of any serious value to our bowlers he has to rack up at least 30 overs through this test, or Mitch playing is a joke!

On another thing. While I agree with the banter between Paine and Kohli being OK, what I find not OK is the hypocrisy of the Indian test team and management. Because if Paine farts too loudly in their direction they will cry bloody murder! They like handing it out, but the cannot take it!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1705
yeah. Stoinis or Maxwell.

Maxwell clearly pisses off too many people it would appear..... has long derserved a crack as the Test all rounder.....far better bat than Mitch Marsh (who will now crack 150 just to spite me).
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #1706
I'd love Mitch to hit 150, but he has ostensibly been brought in to support the bowlers.   If he doesn't the sh1tstorm deserves to be epic.

The Australian cricketing public aren't Muppet's and we're tired of being bullsh1tted to by CA and it's minions.  

On another note,  I've got kids going through selection dramas at state/CA level and the politics,  nepotism and straight out bullsh1t is... Beyond description.  Maxwell is clearly outside the purple circle,  and I really feel for him.   As his card is marked, he may as well make zillions being a hired 20/20 mercenary because he has no future here.

Reply #1707
I'm not a fan of Mitch Marsh: he has promised so much and has delivered so little, as both a batsman and a bowler. I don't understand the idea of bringing him in, as he doesn't handle the moving ball at all.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #1708
I'm predicting M Marsh will contribute nothing with the bat, and will bowl a few innocuous overs that release the pressure off the Indian batsmen and allow them to build partnerships. He's also a liability in the field, at least Handscomb sems to always take some very sharp catches at slip or in close. But they'll keep M Marsh for the Sydney test because they want to create some stability in the team....

Reply #1709
His bowling is the real worry imo.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia/content/player/272450.html

He used to be well able to bowl in the low 140s = pretty sharp.

Hiw bowling has gone right off and not even swure he can bowl a decent lengthy spell (from a body holding up pov).....

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/272450.html?class=1;orderby=start;orderbyad=reverse;template=results;type=bowling;view=match
Finals, then 4 in a row!