Skip to main content
Topic: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ?? (Read 572952 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ??

Reply #1710
I'm not a fan of Mitch Marsh: he has promised so much and has delivered so little, as both a batsman and a bowler. I don't understand the idea of bringing him in, as he doesn't handle the moving ball at all.

Um, name a batsman in the current 11 who handles a moving ball Crash?

Can't think of one.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #1711
Three overs in,  I wouldn't want to be bowling on this deck
  Going to be very hard work.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #1712
God, that pitch is atrocious

Reply #1713
Everybody knows the problem, but the game is run by accountants.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1714
I don't see why Paine is copping flack for 'dropping' Kohli.  He dived at least as wide as first slip,  and the ball died before it was going to get there.

Awful,  awful pitch.   World class pace attack and they serve up that tripe.  Disappointed.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #1715
I don't see why Paine is copping flack for 'dropping' Kohli.  He dived at least as wide as first slip,  and the ball died before it was going to get there.

Awful,  awful pitch.   World class pace attack and they serve up that tripe.  Disappointed.

aGREED, an embarrassment really.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #1716
He’s copping flack because he dropped him.
Pitch is poor but that doesn’t change the fact that he dropped him.
I love what Paine has done but it is what it is.

More interesting is the negative interviews about Warner.
You can only assume they are orchestrated by a higher power.
They either don’t want him back or want him to beg for permission

Reply #1717
I agree, it is very pointed against Warner. I assume this is a campaign to make sure he never wears the baggy green again

Reply #1718
Interesting discussion on the wireless this morning along the lines of Warner being the only leader in the Test team at the time of the sandpaper scandal.  Smith’s comments bear that out.

How many demerit points will the MCG earn from this Test?  Five points and there’s a 12 month ban  :o
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #1719
Bring back the sand paper!!!  zzzzz...
"...that's the thing about opinion - you don't have to know anything to have one..."  Andre Agassi commenting on Pat Cash 2004
"...the less you know - the more you believe..." - Bono 2006

Reply #1720
Interesting to see Sutherland dumped on.

Reply #1721
Um, name a batsman in the current 11 who handles a moving ball Crash?

Can't think of one.
Nor can I.  :-[ However, some can eke out some runs that way. Mitch Marsh doesn't appear able to survive long enough to do so.

I know the moving ball is ALWAYS difficult to play against, but we don't appear to have the techniques to play against it, as a batting cohort.

As for this pitch, I know that the curators are aware of the issues, but they don't seem to be able to come up with the answers. They grow the pitch just near Richmond's ground: they should do it somewhere else and get the deck nice and hard and bouncy.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #1722
Smith will be welcomed back but Warner will only appear if we are going very poorly IMO...

re: The Pitch.....criticism is extreme , its not that bad IMO, our bowling is overated IMO, Hazlewood doesnt make batsman play enough, Starc is inconsistent with line and length and we have become too reliant on Lyon to get the big breakthroughs.
Quality bowlers get wickets on any pitches, if that was real quality like McGrath or Steyn on that pitch we would have seen wickets falling, Cummins showed if you bend your back, attack the batsman you can manufacture wickets.
Mitch Marsh is a plodder with the ball and while he kept the runs down he hardly troubled two good technical player like Pujara and Kohli......
We bowled like we expected them to fold up and make mistakes and paid the price with their new opener scoring some easy runs, I would have applied more pressure on him rather than serving up half volleys with a traditional field...Paine isnt a bad captain but needs to get more inventive than just bringing Lyon onto bowl when he wants a wicket.

Reply #1723
This pitch looks like its playing nicely now, was a bit low and slow for the first hour yesterday, presumably because they left extra water in it to combat the coming heatwave. The batsmen are driving confidently so it's coming on to the bat ok. I think its just a "thing" now to criticise the MCG pitch, after the debacle of last year. Wait until we see Bumrah and co bowl on it, I think there's plenty to work with. India will win by an innings and some

Reply #1724
Smith will be welcomed back but Warner will only appear if we are going very poorly IMO...

re: The Pitch.....criticism is extreme , its not that bad IMO, our bowling is overated IMO, Hazlewood doesnt make batsman play enough, Starc is inconsistent with line and length and we have become too reliant on Lyon to get the big breakthroughs.
Quality bowlers get wickets on any pitches, if that was real quality like McGrath or Steyn on that pitch we would have seen wickets falling, Cummins showed if you bend your back, attack the batsman you can manufacture wickets.
Mitch Marsh is a plodder with the ball and while he kept the runs down he hardly troubled two good technical player like Pujara and Kohli......
We bowled like we expected them to fold up and make mistakes and paid the price with their new opener scoring some easy runs, I would have applied more pressure on him rather than serving up half volleys with a traditional field...Paine isnt a bad captain but needs to get more inventive than just bringing Lyon onto bowl when he wants a wicket.

x1000

The pitch has played normally, kept low and taken off like a rocket. A few balls doing that on the line of the stumps would have made life very interesting, but there have effectively been nothing on the line of the stumps! It's rubbish bowling, they are so over-rated because they all have highlight reels!

Watch what happens to our lot, the Indians will attack the stumps, they won't bowl bouncers outside leg stump or half-volleys a foot outside off!

Agree about Paine, and that catch wasn't so easy, the reason Haddin or Healy didn't drop those catches is because they wouldn't have tried for one that wide! Those mugs commentate from the cheap seats, they are all perfect after they have retired!

The only thing I agree about Paine this pitch is his fields are not quite right, Punter has that nailed. But why isn't Punter offering Paine free advice, you know as part of patriotism, instead of putting a hand out for an ACB spotters fee?
The Force Awakens!