Skip to main content
Topic: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ?? (Read 572831 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ??

Reply #1740
But why keep selecting blokes that are clearly not up to it.  But then again,  how do you pick a test side when the Sheffield shield is relegated to a minor tier comp at best? 

Some of the current chumps:

Is Finch the dumbest bat in world cricket.   Let's hit it to the bloke that was moved there one ball ago. Really? Really Aaron are  you thick or something?  Looks like he can get out any ball,  simply not good enough.   Over it.

Australia are in trouble, so let's fling the bat at a short one Harris.   What's wrong with shelving the risky stuff?   Indians largely ignored the short stuff, and they made plenty of runs.   Gets out to short stuff a lot this bloke for an opener.

Shaun "find new ways to get out" Marsh.   Can't get started,  doesn't go on with it when on the rare occasions he does.

Marsh the younger: FMD Langer.   Why,  WHY WHY  do we persist with this no hoper?  Bats like his legs are in casts and his bowling has as much penetration as a blind, toothless,   aged  poodle.

Over it.   Can't wait to hear Langers idiotic excuses at stump today.... "but Mitch has so much potential.... "  Grow a pair Langer and ditch the chumps.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #1741
Don't ever depend on langer to offer an honest answer ... he's the idiot who defends these duds

GET RID OF HIM !!!

Reply #1742
I warned people that Langer comes with baggage,  baggage the current side can't carry. 

What disappoints me the most is that between the first test and the  recent one not one lesson has been learnt, not one technical deficiency addressed.   It's not working,  so why not do something about it?

Reply #1743
But why keep selecting blokes that are clearly not up to it.  But then again,  how do you pick a test side when the Sheffield shield is relegated to a minor tier comp at best? 

Is Finch the dumbest bat in world cricket.   Let's hit it to the bloke that was moved there one ball ago. Really? Really Aaron are  you thick or something?  Looks like he can get out any ball,  simply not good enough.   Over it.

Australia are in trouble, so let's fling the bat at a short one Harris.   What's wrong with shelving the risky stuff?   Indians largely ignored the short stuff, and they made plenty of runs.   Gets out to short stuff a lot this bloke for an opener.

Shaun "find new ways to get out" Marsh.   Can't get started,  doesn't go on with it when on the rare occasions he does.

Marsh the younger: FMD Langer.   Why,  WHY WHY  do we persist with this no hoper?  Bats like his legs are in casts and his bowling has as much penetration as a blind, toothless,   aged  poodle.

Over it.   Can't wait to hear Langers idiotic excuses at stump today.... "but Mitch has so much potential.... "  Grow a pair Langer and ditch the chumps.

Can't disagree with any of that Prof.

Steve Smith, Dave Warner,  Joe Burns and Glen Maxwell in the side and we would very likely be whole lot different position tonight.

AC are the problem.

The Smith, Warner suspensions were far too severe.

And Langer ????? Bloody hell..
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #1744
CA are a real problem. The scheduling if the domestic season is shambolic.   But the old mates club is a big problem as well.   The wrong kind of mates and old boys are having too much say.

For example,  Mark Waugh was upset at the crowd agitating against Mitch Marsh.   Fair enough, it wasn't polite.   But Waugh needs to understand the public have had a gutfull.
 Perform or F off, that's the message they're sending.  The natives are restless Mark,  and with good reason.

Reply #1745
Here is one for the annals of idiocracy.

The police have threatened to eject the whole of Bay 13 for racist taunts against the Indian Captain. Apparently they were chanting "Kohli's a Wanker", there has been a formal complaint and it's been labelled racist!

I wonder what Joe Root thinks?

Next thing you know we'll be labelled racist for booing footballers!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1746
The cops can threaten all they like ... they'll do SFA.  They can't shut up everybody

Reply #1747
My mate reckons a fair bit of the chanting has been directed at the so-called Swami army,  who haven't exactly been shy and reserved.  If you carry on you're likely to attract problems, particularly when booze is involved.

Reply #1748

I'd play Maxwell in place of Mitch Marsh...sure Maxwell can be hit and miss but he wins games, is the best fielder in Australia and can break partnerships with his bowling.
Ok Maxwell is mates with Kohli and doesnt get on with some of his team mates...who cares, pick the best team and a coach who can bring them together...
Smith has to come back in for Shaun Marsh when available....
Finch is a short format batsman only, Harris has some potential but needs another opener to lead the way while he plays the anchor like Rogers did..

Langar needs replacing with Gillespie......Langar is another Lehmann , Gillespie is more about the technical aspects of the game and less about playing mates and politics.

Reply #1749
Finch is dumb as duck droppingd.   Lucky to avoid LB with his front pad issues,  then plays a brainless get out shot.  We play a man short when we play this chump.

Change must be made for Sydney.

Reply #1750
You could well replace our entire top 6....

All have been ordinary - Finch a certainty to go, one or both of the Marshs too if they fail this innings.

Harris' shot in the first innings was deplorable and Khawaja looks way out of form.....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #1751
My mate reckons a fair bit of the chanting has been directed at the so-called Swami army,  who haven't exactly been shy and reserved.  If you carry on you're likely to attract problems, particularly when booze is involved.

They were chanting "Show us your visa"
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #1752
Loving the banter between Paine and Pant.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #1753
I know a guy who plays cricket for a side from Quambatook. I am certain these fellas would offer more hope than the plebs that are on the field for the Aussie squad at the moment. I might give him a call and get home to speak to Langer.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #1754
Langer isn't the kind that listens,  now dogmatically hanging on to justify idiotic selection decisions.

I'd like to know what brainiac thought Finch could open,  Marsh could bat in the top seven or promote Starc as a swing bowler.

Can't believe how these blokes keep getting starts then find ways to get out.

Painful when bloody tailenders show more gumption and technical acumen than a swag of so called batsmen.

Crikey they have some flaws to address.   Head bowled driving again.... Suggests a basic technical issue, not picking up the line.    So do something about it!