Skip to main content
Topic: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ?? (Read 572937 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ??

Reply #1830
Bowling was pededtrian today,  especially early.   As others have said,  not enough balls on tight lines.   Not enough looking for the LB on bats propping forward.   Off cutter/in dicker is an easy ball to bowl and a good ploy on dead pitches.  Then again our crew are like lightning,  can't hit the sane spot twice.

If  Labusgne, or whatever his name is, is either in the top 50 bats or spinners in the country,  I'm Dutch.   He needs time, a lot of game time at first class level.   Idiotic decision,  now the kid will get burned by being picked before his time.

A lot of criminally bad selection decisions have been made,  starting in the UAE.  There is a common factor.... If you're not on notice Langer you bloody well should be.

He got appointed - therein lies the problem.....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #1831
Too much attention on Langer - Hohns is a bigger problem  >:(
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #1832
Watching the bowling,  Starc has issues,  he's cooked mentally and physically.  Shadow of the bowler he was,  shouldn't have played this test.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #1833
One thing that has struck me this series is the importance of winning the toss.  In fact, you could save a lot of time by simply awarding the Test to the team that wins the toss (although Paine was going to bowl in Perth  :o)

I reckon that it would be fairer if there was a coin toss for the first Test only.  Teams would then take it in turn to decide whether to bat or bowl in the subsequent Tests.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #1834
In the old days the pitches gave the side bowling first some assistance, but they had to bat last on a deteriorating wicket. That was the trade off.

Now lose the toss:  perfect batting conditions  nothing to assist the bowlers,  then the pitches will deteriorate for the spinners.  Couldnt have designed pitches to suit India more,  and us less.

Reply #1835
Watching the bowling,  Starc has issues,  he's cooked mentally and physically.  Shadow of the bowler he was,  shouldn't have played this test.

Agreed, going at 4.5 an over.....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #1836
Old Marnus would want to have a good test with the bat because his much vaunted bowling has been underwhelming to say the least.   So much half track she-it that we can't risk bowling him.

Explain this one Trev.

Reply #1837

That must be due to the MCG pitch! ;)

Not even Dhoni has scored a ton in Australia before, our bowlers are so over-rated, they bowl terrific balls surrounded by crap overs! :o
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1838
This pitch is so slow and lifeless it makes the MCG pitch  look sporting.  It is the rankest pitch possible.    Fair dinkum, it is coming off so poorly that after it lands Pant has time to walk across, wait for it and place it with impunity.

We should,  I write should, be able to bat for five days on this deck.   Any spin, bounce or reverse swing and I'd be checking the pill for "unnatural damage".  Any movement at all and I'd be very suspicious.

Marnus is a captain's nightmare... Half trackers,  pitches all over the shop - one outside leg,  next a foot outside off etc,   haven't seen any real turn and no wrong 'un.  Can't see why he was picked.

Reply #1839
Nice umpiring that.   Hopefully rub of the green goes both ways.

Reply #1840
Marnus is a captain's nightmare... Half trackers,  pitches all over the shop - one outside leg,  next a foot outside off etc,   haven't seen any real turn and no wrong 'un.  Can't see why he was picked.

Politics?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1841
Certainly isn't merit.

Whatever instructions have been given to Cummins should be ignored as well.   He's better than being told to bowl short sh1t.

Reply #1842
Politics?

Politics?
More about Greg Chappell’s obsession with youth.
James Sutherland has slithered out of all this without anywhere near enough blame.
Should have been moved on a decade ago.

Greg Chappell is 70 years old, Trevor Hohns is 64.
Surely we have better options!!!

How does Peter Siddle get selected for the ODI side?

Reply #1843
India is a great team, but we have some major problems and this series has been an unmitigated disaster.  From pitches to team selections to coaches, to the entire chaos with the differing fixtures, it is a dog's breakfast

Reply #1844
This pitch is so slow and lifeless it makes the MCG pitch  look sporting.  It is the rankest pitch possible.    Fair dinkum, it is coming off so poorly that after it lands Pant has time to walk across, wait for it and place it with impunity.

We should,  I write should, be able to bat for five days on this deck.   Any spin, bounce or reverse swing and I'd be checking the pill for "unnatural damage".  Any movement at all and I'd be very suspicious.

Starc gave it away today, he couldnt be bothered, I believe he and the wife Alyssa Healy have more interest in their property portfolio and have just added another property once owned by Jen Hawkins for close to 2 mill.
I dont expect him to stay in test cricket too long and maybe concentrate on the shorter formats of the game where he can make good money and continue adding to his investments.
India's bowlers already look like the wicket will suit them more...they have the three spinners and can use Bumrah/Shami in short spells...like the look of their chinaman bowler too...he can land them on line unlike Marnus who is very part time and you couldnt really call an allrounder..

India look so much better with Jadeja at No 8 and I reckon plenty of teams will struggle knocking them over cheaply with him and Pant coming in down the order...wicket keeping needs work but Pant has to be one of the better keeper/bats in world cricket....