Skip to main content
Topic: CV and mad panic behaviour (Read 434058 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: CV and mad panic behaviour

Reply #1740
Ive noticed a trend during covid.  There are logical reasons behind each and every action taken even if it seems like there isn't.  You can find hypocrisies in each decision too.

Thing is thats not the point. An early 6 day lockdown is borderline sufficient provided people both get tested when they display the appropriate symptoms and isolate properly in the interim.

It all falls over when they don't get tested and fail to isolate appropriately.

A perfect example of this phenomenon is the rhetoric about mask wearing and how it doesnt help given you can take it off when you're out at a dinner service.  Thing is, if you wear it before meals and after meals that will eliminate about 4 or 5 contacts on the way to the table and passing people in the streets.  Sure the chances of it being effective reduce with more take off put on and handling, but the chances of transmission and contraction reduce with each step you take even if its not 100% effective.

Fact of the matter is, nothing is completely effective and all you're doing is reducing chance of transmission overall not elimination.

This is where the argument gets lost and is muddied.  Its akin to advocating that seatbelts don't work because people don't wear them properly or because the chance of incident isn't that high and if a serious incident occurs it wont help, but thats wrong.  Thing is its all about playing the percentages.  Assuming I have covid and you don't, the chance of you catching covid off me is reduced if both wearing masks is the important bit.  The fact that it happens anyway or is suspect is quite irrelevant. 

i didn't realise logic is allowed when discussing covid...

Reply #1741
This is where the argument gets lost and is muddied.  Its akin to advocating that seatbelts don't work because people don't wear them properly
There it is @Thryleon‍ , the biggest issue, the behaviour of some minority of people!

The seatbelt issue is noice example, because the injured, the same injured that were not wearing a seatbelt, will often lawyer up and try to sue somebody for compo, which ultimately costs us all!

Deniers, Protesters, Conspiracy Nutters ==========> Victoria's past 6 months!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1742
Problems originating from a quarantine facility... Is that the SA premier's fault?
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #1744
The news said last night that one of the guards had a side gig as a food delivery driver whilst infectious.

Its all a bit of history repeating really.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #1745
The news said last night that one of the guards had a side gig as a food delivery driver whilst infectious.

Its all a bit of history repeating really.
Surely that's social media or News Ltd taking the piss!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1746
How much is dependent on the individual really hit home last week for yours truly.

I was booked in for a gastroscopy and colonoscopy this week so had to have a C-19 test a few days before the procedure. I had the test last Friday, early arvo... the nose bit aint pleasant. Then I got a text at around 4am Saturday to say I was clear... barely human  ;)  :))  but certainly clear of C-19. After the test I was informed to go straight home and self isolate until the procedure (Tuesday this week). It occurred to me just how easy it would be to forget and go to the shops! Or even ignore the advice! I was a good lad and complied to the letter, helped in no small part by the person who conducted the test who really, verbally, emphasized going straight home and quarantining myself. I wonder how many people really do read the 5 or so pages of info you're given after the test?

(I have colonoscopies every 3 years as we lost our mum to bowel cancer at age 51 - all 3 of her children have now out lived her... still saddening. I've been having the colonoscopies for over 20 years and about 10 years ago a couple of tiny polyps were removed from the bowel right where my mother's cancer had developed! The gastroscopy was for celiac's as I've recently become a little sensitive to gluten - small biopsy taken to assess this... apart from this all good in the guts. Colonoscopy all clear, also.).
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #1747
Good to hear Baggers ... but not so good about losing your mum.  My mother was suddenly gone at 53, but I did kiss her goodbye in the morning before I left for work .... 8 hours later ... sigh

Reply #1748
Thank you, CC. Every year mum's gone I realize just how young she was... like your mum. Like you, I did have important moments before mum passed.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #1749
The Donziger story on the climate thread appears so similar to a horrible side effect of all this global COVID stuff, that is just starting to play out.

Multinationals that are hurting are searching for a every penny they can find, and looking to step on small domestic operators in the process, and they are doing so using fiscal and legal muscle with deep lawyered up pockets in the courts. It is probably multinational business 101, pick off the weak before they recover, kick them while they are down, etc., etc., ettc..!

I suppose we see much the same in the international political argy-bargy  between China and Australia.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1750
Problems originating from a quarantine facility... Is that the SA premier's fault?
Turns out some f-wit lied to contact tracers about his movements causing the lockdown which is being removed on Sunday.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #1751
But they used the army? :o
Private security.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #1754
The guy that
How can that be?  ::)
The guy that lied was a private security guard working hotel quarantine and a pizza shop.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th