Skip to main content
Topic: Board change (Read 27681 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Board change

Reply #30
Football is a business and is subject to changes and trends that will shape its future generally and more specifically how clubs will need to operate all aspects their individual business in order to be successful.

We have not adapted well to the chnages that have occurerd in recent times hence our current predicament. We need a board that will ensure that we are prepared and organised for the future of change and that we have strategies and plans in place to make sure we can be successful.

The board needs to understand the business of AFL football and what we need to be doing to be successful not necessarily the onfield issues where hopefully we have enough expertise in the football dept. Not complaining about her appointment but I'm just not sure what this new member specifically brings to the table
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #31
If they have appointed her for her dealing with the issues in which she supposedly has some expertise, then this appointment is a joke.

They could have appointed her as a consultant to the board without placing her on the board.

I would have loved to see someone like David Parkin appointed to the board.  His wealth and breadth of knowledge on football would have been a true asset to our club.

Reply #33
I wasn't impressed until I read that she will be taking a keen interest in our stand alone woman's team. This will bring in more members and add to the general appeal of the club as we move away from the old boy old school image.

Reply #34
I wasn't impressed until I read that she will be taking a keen interest in our stand alone woman's team. This will bring in more members and add to the general appeal of the club as we move away from the old boy old school image.
And I know the perfect Captain of our Woman's team. Chachi17? Come on down! Gun footballer, Gun Leader and I'd imagine donning the navy blue would be a dream come true for her and her family.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #35
Fastest growing Melbourne based club
http://www.richmondfc.com.au/club/about/the-board

Won the last 3 flags
http://www.hawthornfc.com.au/club/people/the-board

Biggest club in Australia
http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/club/the-board

All have ex-players, high achievers in other sports and/or folk with extensive involvement in the football industry or administration of other sports.  While we have an ex-player, our board would seem to lack involvement in the football industry and sports administration expertise.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #36
I can't believe what I am reading.

The board brings on a very accomplished Person into the board and we all here is negative comments and more "jobs for the boys".

Yet we are the first to complain when the "boys" get a job.

http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/the-club/board - No ex Players on this list either. Probably the most Profitable club to continue on with MBB's theme.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #37

The board brings on a very accomplished Person into the board and we all here is negative comments and more "jobs for the boys".

http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/the-club/board - No ex Players on this list either. Probably the most Profitable club to continue on with MBB's theme.

I'm not seeking any "jobs for the boys" Shadesy.

I'm seeking someone who has played the game at the highest level, who has continuing experience in football long after their playing career has ended, and who has the respect of the Carlton Supporters because of their proven long history of practical involvement in  the game.

I assume that Kate Jenkins is fairly good at the job for which she holds the position that she does.

However, she has absolutely no experience at all when it comes to offering up any expertise in running a football club.

As i said, if the club believes that she can add value to the place, then why not appoint her as a consultant to the board rather than ON the board?

And before I get accused of sexism, Jeannie Pratt, unlike the late Richard, doesn't know much about the game either.

We all know why she is the Vice President, and it ain't because she understands the game.

Mind you, if the CFC ever wants to put on a stage show, then Jeannie is your girl. ::)

Reply #38

I don't think anyone wants a "job for the boys".

I think something in the neighbourhood of relevant qualifications would be nice though.

Reply #39
Can I ask how someone can become a board member without being voted onto the board by the members?

This has left a distinctly dodgey smell about it.

Why is this person entitled to a place on our board? She has a bunch of irrelevant qualifications, unclear if she gives a flying crap about the club and is another lawyer...

The club has made absolutely no attempt to explain why someone with those qualifications is now on the board.

Reply #40
Can I ask how someone can become a board member without being voted onto the board by the members?

Why is this person entitled to a place on our board? She has a bunch of irrelevant qualifications, unclear if she gives a flying crap about the club and is another lawyer...

The club has made absolutely no attempt to explain why someone with those qualifications is now on the board.

Or we could get Adrian Gleeson  ::)

Reply #41
Or we could get Adrian Gleeson  ::)

Didn't you get the email from the prez? Pretty much explained it for mine. I think we all need to move ok from board members being assigned to silvertail benefactors and embrace some diversity. Let's face it, the old way aint working

Reply #42

Take that a step further Jeza, how many people on the board got on the board via a vote?

I reckon over half of our board over the past 15 years got on without a vote.

Reply #43
Take that a step further Jeza, how many people on the board got on the board via a vote?

I reckon over half of our board over the past 15 years got on without a vote.

The argument is

"Would you trust the members to vote?
"We'd end up with a board full of ex-footballers!"

Well guess what....it hasn't worked the way we've been doing things....and some of those ex-footballers have probably done very well for themselves.

Reply #44
What qualifications does Eddie McGuire have to run a football club?
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset