Skip to main content
Topic: CV and mad panic behaviour (Read 436750 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: CV and mad panic behaviour

Reply #1396
Narre Warren/Fountain gate is apparently the new covid hotspot with 9 active cases lol. Dictator Dan needs to go.

Don't let the facts get in the way of your conspiracy theory MBB.
COVID CLUSTER: Health authorities have identified a 34-case cluster across five households in Melbourne's outer southeast.
Contact tracers found members of these households have continued to visit each other during restrictions -- even travelling beyond 5km.
"Hopefully, this is a really, really strong reminder... The rules are there for a reason and if they are not followed, then it makes the job that we are all doing that much harder," Premier Daniel Andrews said.
People living in the Casey and Dandenong area --particularly people who have been to the Fountain Gate shopping centre and have any symptoms -- are being urged to get tested.

It's all Dans fault. The message of 'stay home' is clearly too hard for people to comprehend.

Reply #1398
Yep
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #1399
Don't let the facts get in the way of your conspiracy theory MBB.
It's all Dans fault. The message of 'stay home' is clearly too hard for people to comprehend.

9 in Narre Warren. Casey has like 350,000 people. Dandenong is not part of Casey.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #1401
Speaking of losing the plot,..Gary Ablett senior has decided to give us his opinion on the state of the world.

“We’re talking about the Illuminati, Freemasonry fraternities, secret society people who are behind all this. It’s been going on now since the plans all started with the Illuminati way back in 1776,” the Geelong great said.
“They’ve been working on this for a long time to bring in the new world order. They’re all globalists wanting a new world order so they can put Lucifer on the throne of the world.

“This virus was deliberately made and designed, and deliberately released by these people because they’re using it as camouflage for their many globalist agendas, including the main one to crash the global economy.

“They’re desperate to crash the global economy because they want to bring in a new global digital currency, cashless society that will lead to the mark of the beast which is revealed in Revelations.

“The Illuminati’s goal is also to reduce to the population of the world to 500 million … because 7.7 billion people are too hard to control.

“If you do your studying, the vaccines they’re planning to give us are very harmful to us and will kill us. And that’s what they’re trying to do, they want to wipe out a huge portion of the population.”

Well, he got one thing right... Lucifer, dyed orange, is on his throne!

Poor bugger. Been watching David Icke I suspect and slipping into too much ice. Deadly combo!
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #1404
Take the emotion out of it, Dan Andrews has done better than 99% of the world in dealing with this.....despite a very vocal minority refusing to do as their told.

If you are talking wave 1. I agree
But the 2nd wave has been rife with mishandling and (early on in it) mixed messages.

The hotel bungle should never have occurred
The tracing methodology was substandard despite the lead time we had before the 2nd wave.
The lock downs should have occurred earlier, knowing that the data for the next 10-14 days is almost already predetermined, there is no justification whatsoever for taking so long to act.
The lessons learned from the introduction of restrictions does not seem to have been quantified.
The statistics used seems flawed.

Dan has failed Victoria in this 2nd wave.
His governments decisions making directly impacted the livelihoods of the entire states population.
Not just in the hotel bungle, but in the other methods, in the tracing, in the failing to act quickly enough.
I done some stats about 1 month ago, but I will probably need to do them again, but if Dan acted even 3 weeks earlier, we would have been in lockdown for a considerably shorter period of time and many of those that died would still be alive now.

You mention in another post that calls for Dan to be axed are irrational/emotional, but when your decision making directly costs people their life, you have blood on your hands and I think it is quite reasonable and logical for there to be serious questions about your fitness to govern.

Also, considering there is a mountain of evidence suggesting that the previous level of restrictions had a considerable impact on the virus and it's spread, it is interesting to note that we need less than 70 cases in a fortnight to go to similar levels of restrictions, but we had more than 2100 cases in the week leading up to the the implementation of mandatory masks.

From early July until July 23rd, it would be fair to compare Dan to the oft quoted saying about Nero.

Quite aside from this and I am almost apolitical when it comes to Australian politics, but it is not emotional or irrational to questions a leader when they bypass the political systems and oversight. It is reasonable to expect that your voice is being heard in parliament through your locally elected member. By constantly closing parliament Dan has taken away people's right to be represented and that is not acceptable. Absolutely there can be times where you want their entire endeavours to be dedicated to the virus, this goes without saying, but there has to be full accountability and if parliament was to be shutdown, it should have been for weeks at the most and they should have implemented remote distance parliament to ensure this representation, oversight and accountability. I don't like either side playing politics when lives are at stake, but there has to be accountability.

That reason alone, should be enough reason for people to at least question whether or not Dan is fit for the job. It might be that you conclude that he is after that, but it is not unreasonable to have a dissenting view
Goals for 2017
=============
Play the most anti-social football in the AFL

Reply #1405
Dan ain't perfect,  far from it,  but would the old Liberal mates cabal have done anything better?  I shudder at the thought of oBrien being the front man for that pack of utter bastards.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #1406
Dan ain't perfect,  far from it,  but would the old Liberal mates cabal have done anything better?  I shudder at the thought of oBrien being the front man for that pack of utter bastards.

Well it is an unknown.. Certainly a liberal premier is managing NSW so far successfully after early bungling.
And she is handling it much better than Dan has managed Victoria, I don't think this virus is impacted by which side of the political spectrum the state leader is.
I have no love for O'Brien either and really who would want to be a premier at this stage?, So Dan has one hell of a hard job.
And as I stated before, I agree with the need for lockdowns today.

But the questions about Dan are not the hypothetical questions such as whether O'Brien would have done better, but questions such as..
Has Dan done a good job?
Have his governments mistakes cost lives? How many
Have his governments management saved lives? How many
Is he going to impact lives and businesses beyond what is required?
Does he have a firm grasp on what is required to manage the virus?
Is he able to strike the balance that provides people with relief, but contains this virus?
Is the level of visibility into errors made satisfactory?
Is the level of insight of the decision making satisfactory?

If you are satisfied with these questions or your own then that is reasonable.
Personally I am not

Btw during the first wave, I applauded him and stated that his efforts were world leading.
This wasn't just a flippant comment, I compared Victoria's numbers with those of countries with a population above 5 million from a statistical point of view (excluding some because of problems with nature of testing or reporting in the country) and I meant he really was World Leading.
In early July I also said elsewhere that I back him to bring us out of this, he deserved that right even if the government mishandled quarantine and let it back into the public.
So I am certainly not a Dan hater personally. I just am very upset at what I consider that actual mishandling this 2nd wave, especially after having so much confidence in his ability to do so.
Goals for 2017
=============
Play the most anti-social football in the AFL

Reply #1407
@mateinone
re 2nd wave....
Yes, in hindsight he did act too slow.....in hindsight.
But relative to the rest of the world, he is still ahead of schedule.

Of course there are simple reasons why he acted slow.....people were already b!tching and moaning about lockdowns and how we went into them too fast etc etc.
Damned if he does, damned if he didn't.

NOW people are b!tching about staying in them too long. Which i get. But playing devils advocate, he doesn't want to go through all this BS again, so he's trying to kill it within an inch of its life and be done with it for good.

Yes, its possible to do that and come out of lockdown.
Yes, its possible to do that earlier
etc
etc

But, he's over it, we're over it. He's taking things to the nth degree so we can all move on with life.
Is it perfect? No.
Does it reduce the chance of this thing coming back to bite him in the butt? Yes.
Is he copping some flack over it? Yes. Should he? Probably.
Hotel quarantine aside, i give him a B+.

Reply #1408
@mateinone
re 2nd wave....
Yes, in hindsight he did act too slow.....in hindsight.
But relative to the rest of the world, he is still ahead of schedule.

Of course there are simple reasons why he acted slow.....people were already b!tching and moaning about lockdowns and how we went into them too fast etc etc.
Damned if he does, damned if he didn't.

NOW people are b!tching about staying in them too long. Which i get. But playing devils advocate, he doesn't want to go through all this BS again, so he's trying to kill it within an inch of its life and be done with it for good.

Yes, its possible to do that and come out of lockdown.
Yes, its possible to do that earlier
etc
etc

But, he's over it, we're over it. He's taking things to the nth degree so we can all move on with life.
Is it perfect? No.
Does it reduce the chance of this thing coming back to bite him in the butt? Yes.
Is he copping some flack over it? Yes. Should he? Probably.
Hotel quarantine aside, i give him a B+.

A much more balanced view than some previous posts. As far as a mark goes, initial handling, 8/10. hotel quarantine, 2/10.
So its a pass (just) from me, many people have died that shouldn't have though, thats the problem here. As for the remedial action he has taken, thats hurt financially but he had no choice I guess. I am fortunate, I can afford to state home and not work if I had to, many are less fortunate and they are who I feel sorry for (as well as those who have lost loved ones and not able to say goodbye to).
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #1409
You know why Dan didn't jump into the next stage of lockdown straight away? Because of the backlash he was receiving from the public. People were angry. They were scared. Businesses would crumble.

He waited, he hoped, he prayed. BUT, we didn't listen and the numbers kept going the wrong way.

So he was too lenient, for our benefit.

Now, he is deemed as being too harsh.....again for our benefit as we don't listen.

He is damned if he does, and damned if he doesn't.

Sorry K, but leaders, real leaders do what is best for the community at large, when it needs doing. Real leaders know that their decisions can sometimes make people angry and worry, but they don't 'hope' and 'pray', they still act when they KNOW their actions are in the best interest of their people... they KNOW it aint a popularity contest. He did it the first time, to his credit, his failure to do it a 2nd time, when it needed to be done, needs from him a better explanation than anything we have received thus far.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17