Skip to main content
Topic: Round 1 - Blues v Tigers (21 March) Pre-Game (Read 31524 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 1 - Blues v Tigers (21 March)

Reply #90
For the win on Sportsbet:

Tiges    1.15

Blues    5.50

That's great odds, I'm getting on.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #91
I think we'll win on Thursday.

Feel it in my bones.

Richmond fell off the cliff last season against Collingwood and are a fragile bunch.

They wont win in their first four games imho.

You could be on something ... er, I mean on to something  ;)

Jokes aside, your bones could be on the right track.  As long as our youngsters aren’t overawed by the situation.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #92
The glass half full:
Tigs aren't comfortable with 6-6-6 at all.
We've got Cripps
They're missing 6 from their round 1 team last year (and probably Lynch)
Early days with the new rules so there could be some strange results early
They've sacrificed practically all of their depth to fit Lynch in the cap and copped a few injuries
Will their forward half press be as effective against teams able to kick long from point kick ins?

Glass half empty:
They won the minor premiership - we won the spoon.

Reply #93
Would love a win but think its highly unlikely.  I will take a competitive loss with no injuries in this one.

The test comes when we play the likes of teams we should by now beat like GC, Bulldogs, Saints, Dockers and even how we stack up against the likes of North, Port, Hawks, Etc.

Competitive loses wont cut it this year against the bottom teams. We need to win at least 3/4 of those matches for me to believe we are where we should be considering our list and that this is year 4 of the rebuild.

No more excuses.

Reply #94
We're in that pre-season glow period where for some of us anything is possible this season.
That wind can be knocked out of our sails pretty quickly.

For most of us the expectation would range from a good contested loss to an upset win.
The worst possible scenario here is a belting.
If we can avoid that, we're on the way and can build from there.

As LP mentioned earlier one of the most important goals for this year is that we start to combine as a team.
While the injection of youth and new players is a priority, at some stage we need to settle on a core group that gain understanding  through regular games together.

Reply #95
Would love a win but think its highly unlikely.  I will take a competitive loss with no injuries in this one.

The test comes when we play the likes of teams we should by now beat like GC, Bulldogs, Saints, Dockers and even how we stack up against the likes of North, Port, Hawks, Etc.

Competitive loses wont cut it this year against the bottom teams. We need to win at least 3/4 of those matches for me to believe we are where we should be considering our list and that this is year 4 of the rebuild.

No more excuses.

Highly unlikely? Perhaps, yet in Rd 1 2018 we were ahead at the 11 minute mark of the 4th quarter.

All that with a younger, less experienced team than we'll put out this week AND we lost both Kreuzer and Kennedy in the 2nd quarter.....that's unlikely to happen again.

And looking at the Tigers - no Caddy, Grigg, Castagna, Townsend and likely no Lynch. Also, from the 22 that played us last year, no C. Ellis or Conca.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #96
I'll be hiding behind the couch...!!
"...that's the thing about opinion - you don't have to know anything to have one..."  Andre Agassi commenting on Pat Cash 2004
"...the less you know - the more you believe..." - Bono 2006

Reply #97
Highly unlikely? Perhaps, yet in Rd 1 2018 we were ahead at the 11 minute mark of the 4th quarter.

All that with a younger, less experienced team than we'll put out this week AND we lost both Kreuzer and Kennedy in the 2nd quarter.....that's unlikely to happen again.

And looking at the Tigers - no Caddy, Grigg, Castagna, Townsend and likely no Lynch. Also, from the 22 that played us last year, no C. Ellis or Conca.

Yes, if we win you can already predict the excuses that will be trotted out for Nthmond, it is a short term aberration, the season is long, it's not to be unexpected, etc., etc., I've already heard Dimma making claims that last year they peaked too early! ::)

Dimma's main proficiencies, the many recent skills that he has developed more than others;
 - Complaing about how unfairly they are treated game after game.
 - Taking credit for stuff he has no influence over.
 - Making excuses for the things he gets wrong.
 - Laying blame for his stuff ups on others!

He owns all that is good, and blames others for all that is bad! Dimma's greatest skill is finding his hand in the cookie jar and the media love him for it, which isn't a surprise because the media is full of like minded individuals! One positive I find though, he isn't "as whining" about the bad things like the Pudding Face Twins! ;)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #98
Yes, if we win you can already predict the excuses that will be trotted out for Nthmond, it is a short term aberration, the season is long, it's not to be unexpected, etc., etc., I've already heard Dimma making claims that last year they peaked too early! ::)

Dimma's main proficiencies, the many recent skills that he has developed more than others;
 - Complaing about how unfairly they are treated game after game.
 - Taking credit for stuff he has no influence over.
 - Making excuses for the things he gets wrong.
 - Laying blame for his stuff ups on others!

He owns all that is good, and blames others for all that is bad! Dimma's greatest skill is finding his hand in the cookie jar and the media love him for it, which isn't a surprise because the media is full of like minded individuals! ;)

As a recent premiership coach i guess you can get away with the teflon strategy for a time....

i reckon this new 6-6-6 format is going to hurt the Tigers as much as any....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #99
Congrats to Jack Reiwold on the birth of the new baby...... but couldn’t his missus wait until Thursday night at about 9 o’clock!!

Reply #100
Congrats to Jack Reiwold on the birth of the new baby...... but couldn’t his missus wait until Thursday night at about 9 o’clock!!

Hopefully he'll get no sleep before game day!  ;)
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #101

Agree with you, we’re in with a sniff, I think we’ll knock off the Tigers and start the season positvely.
New rules will help our youngsters early and our reinvented forward line will do much better on the MCG.
Go Blues

Reply #102
Young bodies can faulter under constant congestion and stoppages. The new rules open the game up more often. A plus for us.

Reply #103
He might no longer be the biggest whinger in his house... Maybe.

Reply #104
I didn't realise it was sMurph's 250th.

22°C, clear, Carlton home game, should be a sellout and a win for us by 6 goals.
The Force Awakens!