Skip to main content
Topic: Round 1 - Blues v Tigers (21 March) Pre-Game (Read 31529 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 1 - Blues v Tigers (21 March)

Reply #75
Off topic but just read that St Kilda likely to list Sam Rowe under those new rules to replace Dylan Roberton who is taking the year off....they're already without Carlisle for a good chunk of the season. Good luck to Rowe...he looked pretty slow and basically cooked towards the end of last year but hopefully he can string a few games together for them.

He's been officially listed now. Good luck to him being able to extend his career. Hope he does well for all but 2 games (they play us twice?).

Reply #76
B: Lachie Plowman, Jacob Weitering, Nic Newman
HB: Kade Simpson, Liam Jones, Dale Thomas
C: Marc Murphy, Patrick Cripps, Sam Walsh
HF: Paddy Dow, Charlie Curnow, David Cuningham
F: Mitch McGovern, Harry McKay, Alex Fasolo
FOLL: Andrew Phillips, Sam Petrevski-Seton, Zac Fisher
I/C: Michael Gibbons, Ed Curnow, Jarrod Garlett, Will Setterfield
EMERG: Jack Silvagni, Lochie O'Brien, Matthew Kennedy, Cam Polson

NEW: Mitch McGovern, Sam Walsh, Nic Newman, Alex Fasolo, Will Setterfield, Michael Gibbons

UNAVAILABLE: Matthew Kreuzer (knee), Sam Docherty (knee), Darcy Lang (foot), Caleb Marchbank (back), Harrison Macreadie (back), Tom Williamson (back), Jarrod Pickett (knee)

NOTES: It appears likely Andrew Phillips holds his spot in the ruck due to a combination of his impressive JLT form and Matthew Kreuzer's injury-interrupted summer. Alex Fasolo is tracking well to be fit, with Polson or Silvagni a chance to take his spot should he not be given the all-clear. Matthew Kennedy should be fit following a shoulder injury, but is unlikely to make the side after failing to feature in any JLT games. Sam Walsh has clearly done enough to earn a debut, while new recruits Michael Gibbons and Will Setterfield work their way into the team based on solid JLT form. Jarrod Garlett narrowly edges Lochie O'Brien for a place on the bench to provide some dash from half-back. - Riley Beveridge.

PRETTY HARD TO ARGUE WITH THAT LINEUP AS SUGGESTED ON AFL SITE. PROBABLY THE ONLY CHANGE I WOULD MAKE IS SILVAGNI IN FOR GARLETT...INTERESTING TO SEE WHAT OTHERS THINK.
That side works for me
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #77
Anyone else heading to the 'curtain raiser' at Punt Rd before this game?

If I'm going to come down, I may as well see 2 games instead of 1!!
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #79
Anyone else heading to the 'curtain raiser' at Punt Rd before this game?

If I'm going to come down, I may as well see 2 games instead of 1!!
I'll be coming directly from school. I only wish we printed a list of players before the game.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #80
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/lynch-ready-to-go-at-tigerland-20190316-p514pu.html

Hope they pick him....

I'd prefer they didnt.....much rather see a newbie kid like Balta take the field than Lynch who has owned us in most games we have
played against him. Even without much match fitness he would be a problem and Tigers will deliver the ball better than Gold Coast did.
No Caddy or Lynch and only Reiwoldt means Weitering can have a easier time of it and we can gang up on Riewoldt...
They may also be forced to play Martin forward more which will also help our mids....so no Lynch is a good thing IMO.

Reply #81
We will know we have arrived when we are able to play and win against the best teams with their best starting 22. We're still a work in progress, which is why we at the moment we have prayer time for this or that opposition player to be unavailable.

Reply #82
We will know we have arrived when we are able to play and win against the best teams with their best starting 22. We're still a work in progress, which is why we at the moment we have prayer time for this or that opposition player to be unavailable.

I've no reservations about this or that opponent or our match ups, the problem as I see it is not the ability of individuals but the efforts and syncopation of the team. Left unsupported or deserted to the mercy of our opponents no individual can survive, Nthmond have an enormous team first ethic, the equal of the Dawks dominant era.

So I think the test is not that of the individuals but of the team.

Interesting trend, in context it's hard for us to judge impartially from the inside of being a Carlton supporter, what are to be our 2019 fortunes? However, notice that the AFL is using images of Cripps frequently in generic pre-season promotions, that my fellow Bluebaggers is a huge tell! Barlett, Darcy and Sheedy must be grinding away teeth! ;D

EB1, I suspect Jones will be the Lynch match up this season, he's a much better option to stay D50 if he is marking. We want Weitering up the field hitting targets on or inside F50. Not sure who takes Riewoldt, I wouldn't be surprised to find we have more of a shootout mentality in 2019.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #83

I suspect that some Richmond supporters are worrying about Kreuzer’s availability  :)

Whether Lynch plays is largely irrelevant.  What is critical is whether we can build on the form we showed in the JLT games.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #84
I've no reservations about this or that opponent or our match ups, the problem as I see it is not the ability of individuals but the efforts and syncopation of the team. Left unsupported or deserted to the mercy of our opponents no individual can survive, Nthmond have an enormous team first ethic, the equal of the Dawks dominant era.

So I think the test is not that of the individuals but of the team.

Interesting trend, in context it's hard for us to judge impartially from the inside of being a Carlton supporter, what are to be our 2019 fortunes? However, notice that the AFL is using images of Cripps frequently in generic pre-season promotions, that my fellow Bluebaggers is a huge tell! Barlett, Darcy and Sheedy must be grinding away teeth! ;D

EB1, I suspect Jones will be the Lynch match up this season, he's a much better option to stay D50 if he is marking. We want Weitering up the field hitting targets on or inside F50. Not sure who takes Riewoldt, I wouldn't be surprised to find we have more of a shootout mentality in 2019.

LP... 6 on 6 down back should mean more individual battles and less help defense available.....matchups and having options will become more important IMO.
Agree on the shoot out mentality......and games will continue to be won by the more efficient teams.

Reply #85
I suspect that some Richmond supporters are worrying about Kreuzer’s availability  :)

Whether Lynch plays is largely irrelevant.  What is critical is whether we can build on the form we showed in the JLT games.

I doubt Richmond supporters are worried about whether Cripps, Krooz, Docherty etc. play or not. They have the runs on the board, and have shown over the last 5 or 6 seasons that they can handle whatever we throw at them. And that's where I want us to be - whether it's the wooden spooners or the premiers, I want us to be able to handle whatever other teams dish up.

We seem to be building a decent list, but we are still raw, still a little "foreign legion" with the high list turnover etc., so it will take more time unfortunately. Plus I'm becoming a little worried about Bolton.

Reply #86
I doubt Richmond supporters are worried about whether Cripps, Krooz, Docherty etc. play or not. They have the runs on the board, and have shown over the last 5 or 6 seasons that they can handle whatever we throw at them. And that's where I want us to be - whether it's the wooden spooners or the premiers, I want us to be able to handle whatever other teams dish up.

We seem to be building a decent list, but we are still raw, still a little "foreign legion" with the high list turnover etc., so it will take more time unfortunately. Plus I'm becoming a little worried about Bolton.

So am I!  I think he could well be poached by GWS or Gold Coast, with the AFL’s connivance, if they fail to progress.  Hopefully, he’ll stay a Bluebagger ????
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #87
So am I!  I think he could well be poached by GWS or Gold Coast, with the AFL’s connivance, if they fail to progress.  Hopefully, he’ll stay a Bluebagger ????

Not likely methinks. But I've always liked people with a sense of humour, and your gag did catch me unawares, so well played sir. 

Reply #88
I think we'll win on Thursday.

Feel it in my bones.

Richmond fell off the cliff last season against Collingwood and are a fragile bunch.

They wont win in their first four games imho.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #89
I think we'll win on Thursday.

Feel it in my bones.

Richmond fell off the cliff last season against Collingwood and are a fragile bunch.

They wont win in their first four games imho.

Time to cut thry off. He's clearly drunk.