Skip to main content
Topic: Carlton End Alignment With Northern Blues. (Read 4669 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Carlton End Alignment With Northern Blues.

Reply #30
PaulP, the swiftness of this decision must to some degree expose some of our internal yet undisclosed priorities.

I'm betting the Preston perilous financial situation was straining the CFC coffers and when the virus struck it became irretrievable, from a $s perspective.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #31
I'm betting the Preston perilous financial situation was straining the CFC coffers and when the virus struck it became irretrievable, from a $s perspective.

I'd like to know more, but information is hard to come by. According to Wikipedia, the license fee for a standalone club is much higher than for an affiliate. So that would be an extra cost for Liddle. Maybe ticket sales, merchandising etc. stays with the affiliate, so the AFL club loses out in this respect.

Sigh. *Scratching head*

Reply #32
I'd like to know more, but information is hard to come by. According to Wikipedia, the license fee for a standalone club is much higher than for an affiliate. So that would be an extra cost for Liddle. Maybe ticket sales, merchandising etc. stays with the affiliate, so the AFL club loses out in this respect.

Sigh. *Scratching head*
The NBs were basically Carlton reserves.....but with a few differences which meant it cost us less money (license fees) and kept the (preston) locals happy.

Yeah, we no longer have a team, and yes Preston is 99.9% officially dead.

However, the whole competition as we know it will never look the same beyond this year.
I can't see any VFL matches getting played this year, so that affiliation (or lack of) means nothing now.

The AFL will use this to make big changes across the competition. From the fixture, to the lower leagues, to the list sizes, to the U18's comp.....possibly the womens while they are at it.

My prediction?
- Next year list sizes will be reduced to 35.
- There will be an AFL reserves competition involving all 18 teams.
- There will be a supplementary list of sorts where clubs can have players which are capable of being promoted to cover for injuries at ANY given point in the season. Players can be added, delisted, re-added from that list throughout the year.
- This eliminates the need for a mid-season draft as you can add players at any point as required from your supplementary list.
- There will be an extended finals series which includes a 'wild card' week to include teams who finish 9th and 10th.

.....and plenty more changes to occur

Reply #33
Hopefully with In-Game Subs.
The Force Awakens!