Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 VFL Rd 18: Northern Blues vs Casey at Casey  (Read 3564 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 VFL Rd 18: Northern Blues vs Casey at Casey

Reply #15
We lost 129-38.

Reply #16
I shudder to think who is out... To be replaced by those spuds.   GWS by plenty.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #17
Game was over by quarter time when Demons, admittedly strongly assisted by the breeze and even more so by the umpiring, just smashed us. Second quarter showed it wasn't all the doing of the breeze. Not much to enthuse about although at least Cas was fired up in the first. In fairness with the 3 withdrawals it was boys against men.

Reply #18
Apparently De Koning and Schumacher were among our best players.

Reply #19
It was a NB TAC Cup team.

Reply #20
I shudder to think who is out... To be replaced by those spuds.   GWS by plenty.

SOS wants to ensure we finish bottom.  ;)

Sheesh, dodged a bullet there... was going to head to the game but couldn't  drive owing to carpal tunnel surgery yesterday. This one finger typing is ordinary stuff! Now to persuade Mrs Baggers to give me a sponge bath  ;D ;D
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #21
I think it is a mathematical impossibility for us not to win the spoon.  No finagling or tanking required,  it's going to happen,  fact.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #22
DeKoning looks set for a promising future..he was really the only player at AFL standard for us yesterday. A good judge of a mark in gale force winds. Why don't we try to get Weideman to Ikon Park...will not get a game with McDonald and Hogan filling the forward posts. Kerr really should have bagged 5 or 6 goals in those conditions to be considered for a recall. Although it wasn't ideal for a leading forward he wasn't showing great mobility once the ball hit the deck.

Reply #23
Casey Demons   8.5-53   11.5-71   16.7-103   20.9-129
Northern Blues   0.0   4.2-26   4.4-28   5.8-38

NORTHERN BLUES
Goal Kickers: P. Kerr 2, B. Myers, S. Fisher, J. Palmer
Best Players: J. Palmer, P. Kerr, S. Fisher, J. Hill, T. De Koning, A. Schumacher

CASEY DEMONS
Goal Kickers: C. Wagner 4, M. White 3, D. Keilty 2, C. MacHaya 2, J. Lockhart 2, S. Weideman 2, C. Pedersen, P. McKenna, H. Petty, O. Baker, M. Gent
Best Players: C. Wagner, J. Lockhart, C. Pedersen, C. MacHaya, D. Keilty, M. White
Live Long and Prosper!