Skip to main content
Topic: Melbourne CBD Incident (Read 23391 times) previous topic - next topic

Melbourne CBD Incident

Hey all, what the hell is going on over there !!!  Far out, I hope that everyone here is OK . as well as friends & relatives.  Sadly, there are some people who are going to be heartbroken this afternoon.

appalling news.

regards

Mal.
Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.

Re: Melbourne CBD Incident

Reply #2
My office is in the CBD blocks away from the scene, suffice to say it was utter pandemonium. Coppers could have done us all a favour and put one between the scum bags eyes.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #3
What a terrible experience for folk going about their business or enjoying a day in the city!

By all accounts the police did a great job bringing the incident to an end but not before loss of life, including a young child, and serious injuries.  Members of the public stepped up and offered assistance to the injured.  Well done to them.

I was pleased to hear from my son who works in the city but other folk will not have been so fortunate.  My thoughts are with those who were injured or who lost loved ones.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #4
We all know many people who work/go to the city.  Most of us are very fortunate today that these people weren't injured or killed.  Unfortunately there have been many lives changed for the much worse today through no fault of their own.

A moment of reflection, listening to Nina Simone's version of You'll Never Walk Alone, loud (with earphones) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElwCOX3AiIs is my offering of solace and hope to everyone above, as well as thanks to all the great people who helped others in their time of need.

Reply #5
Another scumbag out on bail (bailed last Sat) despite police pleas to have him remanded in custody according to the HS. Those poor families, lives changed forever in a senseless act of violence.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #6
I'm struggling to comprehend thd magnitude of this heinous crime. Simply unimaginable. What was going through the driver's mind.....
My thoughts are with the many family's affected by this tragedy.

Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #7
Another scumbag out on bail (bailed last Sat) despite police pleas to have him remanded in custody according to the HS. Those poor families, lives changed forever in a senseless act of violence.

I agree with your original theory about a bullet...the world is a sad place, these nutters dont deserve to be kept at the tax payers expense....
Lives, families ruined today by one man who will probably live out his life in some institution oblivious to the pain he has caused and then want parole....

Reply #8
I agree with your original theory about a bullet...the world is a sad place, these nutters dont deserve to be kept at the tax payers expense....
Lives, families ruined today by one man who will probably live out his life in some institution oblivious to the pain he has caused and then want parole....

I'm not up to date on the latest, but if he did indeed kill some kids on his rampage, i doubt his inmates will let him live out his life.

Reply #9
I'm not up to date on the latest, but if he did indeed kill some kids on his rampage, i doubt his inmates will let him live out his life.

He will be kept in isolation like the Anita Cobby murderers Krud.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #10
How people like this are allowed to walk around with the general public really astounds me. I've been trying not to read about it as i heard a young child was killed at the hands of this drug-induced, psychotic lunatic and i can honestly say my stomach is churning right now.

Those poor families.  :(

Reply #11
http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/killer-driver-highlighted-how-susceptible-city-is-to-attack-20170120-gtvr5a.html

In most jurisdictions he wouldn't have been given a second chance. He was shown more compassion than he gave the strangers he attacked in a few minutes of vile madness.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #12
My office is in the CBD blocks away from the scene, suffice to say it was utter pandemonium. Coppers could have done us all a favour and put one between the scum bags eyes.

Trouble is they get drawn and quartered if they open fire without due cause, and the way the legal eagles have twisted the rights of the criminal that basically comes after the event! Of course, how is shot first ask questions later balanced!

My son works in the CBD off Williams St, my elderly mother in law was at home and saw this story unfold in real time on the TV. She nearly collapsed, the media have a lot to answer for, it's the cameras and the internet that promotes this sort of act.

To think this nutter was in his car harassing reporters who were at the scene of his earlier alleged stabbing murder of his brother. Then they filmed him doing doughnuts in the very middle of Melbourne surrounded by police officers and pedestrians. Yet the police cannot act with force despite the fact his actions were already endangering the public.

But if you want to know were all this started, we need to go back to privatisation and the closure of mental health facilities during the Kennett government era. People like this use to be in the asylums for their own and everyone else's protection. I agree they have rights, but the rest of the population does as well! Closing the asylums and putting dangerous mentally ill individuals into community care has let the genie out of the box.

Police worry about radicals, but the rest of us should fear the copy cat nutters!

As for the politicians fixing the problem, with ar5ewipes like this in charge, what hope do we have?

Quote from: David Leyonhjelm
As news began to break of the attack that has already claimed three lives, Senator Leyonhjelm took to twitter in response to a Herald Sun update to say: “Probably one of those semi-automatic assault cars.”

Follow David Leyonhjelm ✔ @DavidLeyonhjelm
Probably one of those semi-automatic assault cars.
1:54 PM - 20 Jan 2017
205 Retweets   364 likes

The comment drew almost universal condemnation, with many social media users criticising the politician for the tasteless remark.
Think about those 364 "Likes", 364 more potential nutters with guns or cars!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #13
Why is our legal system so soft and inadequate?

Regardless of how many poor innocent citizens die as a result of letting these scumbags back into society YET those directly responsible are never ever held accountable and protected. Its a bloody joke!

I don't get it - Its pretty obviously 99% of voters would support much tougher bail conditions with some sort of accountability to the judge who allows these high risk offenders out and then re offends.

Why doesn't it change????      

Reply #14
Are we not running out of space to put criminals? Hence why more get released than should.