Skip to main content
Topic: Simon White - 2015 (Read 9737 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Simon White - 2015

Reply #15
@Kruds @Lods White is who he is, we don't have enough great decision makers and that makes it difficult to add guys who possess the hardness but not polish.

Reply #16
@Kruds @Lods White is who he is, we don't have enough great decision makers and that makes it difficult to add guys who possess the hardness but not polish.

I reckon there been a subtle improvement in his play in the last half of 2014....it kind of co-incided with that 4 goal spell he had against the saints.
He's started this year well and I reckon we'll grow to appreciate him a bit more.
We'll wait and see.

Reply #17
If we look back over the decades of real final's contenders/and winners, you will find at least one or two Simon Whites. His skills, though not silk, are good... his courage is elite.

Evidence to his courage is that the bloke has come back from a serious neck scare (and Delidio decided to test this) and yet in the clinches does not flinch... that's a bloke I'd want to be in the trenches with me. All premiership sides have these blokes.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #18
If we look back over the decades of real final's contenders/and winners, you will find at least one or two Simon Whites. His skills, though not silk, are good... his courage is elite.

Evidence to his courage is that the bloke has come back from a serious neck scare (and Delidio decided to test this) and yet in the clinches does not flinch... that's a bloke I'd want to be in the trenches with me. All premiership sides have these blokes.

i agree, does not take a backward step. Upside is he will improve. With a club lacking in the cohunas dept, he is a shining light

Reply #19
You're only as good as your last game and White's was exceptional. I look forward to him reproducing the same standard throughout the year.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #20
It's amazing when you think this guy could easily have been cut back in '11 or '12

Reply #21
Simon White is a decent size (190cm & 93kg) but over his career, has been used as a spare parts player. One week he would be used to fill a hole in defence, the next week in attack, the week after off the bench, there has been no consistency at all from the selection committee.

I've always maintained that unless a permanent role could be found for him, he was destined for the axe. Thankfully Malthouse has taken the time to re-evaluate White and found something for him to grab with both hands and look what's happened, he's revelling in the challenge.

Most premiership teams have 1 or 2 Simon Whites in them, players with limited skills but are capable of executing their role in an overall team-plan to perfection.

He is not a dud but he's not a 'great' player either, as Brother Elwood stated, he's a good "indian" because he follows the instructions well. He also has that big of mongrel about him which we sadly lack.

Overall, he isn't going to be the player you build a finals team around, but you can be assured that if you give him a dedicated role in the team, he won't let you down either.  

"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #22
You're only as good as your last game and White's was exceptional. I look forward to him reproducing the same standard throughout the year.

I think one of White's best attributes is that, he doesn't give a stuff what you think! ;)

If only we had a few more players with his outlook, focussed on the football and not social media!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #23
Never doubted him from the day he was drafted. Brettie too...
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #24
I do like him through the midfield because he does give us that mongrel we just don't have at the coal face.

If Hodge tried his crap on White he'd get four jumper punches to the bonce and get told to screw off.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #25
I do like him through the midfield because he does give us that mongrel we just don't have at the coal face.

If Hodge tried his crap on White he'd get four jumper punches to the bonce and get told to screw off.

Mate I'd love to see that!

He'd be elevated to legend status and would be an instant inclusion every week.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #26
Never doubted him from the day he was drafted. Brettie too...

Damn straight  :D

Had one absolute stinker that sticks in my mind against Essendon a couple of years back, which had me wavering momentarily, but apart from that, has done far more good than bad as part of our team. Just a good, honest trier, who can seriously play a bit & who has more than a tad of genuine toughness & mongrel about him. After Thursday night he adds yet another string to his bow.....can play forward, can play back & now can also play the run-with tagging role against gun midfielders. Invaluable member of our team right now.
Football is life, there is nothing else....