Skip to main content
Topic: RD 1 - Blues Lose To Tigers (Aftermatch Angst & Teeth Gnashing) (Read 116997 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 1 - Blues Lose To Tigers (Aftermatch Angst & Teeth Gnashing)

Reply #60
Our senior players went AWOL:

Gibbs - shocker
Murphy - ditto

Simmo - unsighted in the last 2.5qtrs

Jamo - bordering on spud.

Rowe - see Jamo.

Carrots - ok in patches

Judd - gun, gun & gun. Murphy and Gibbs shame on you both. #1 draft picks my right butt cheek.

Was a massive mistake making Murphy Captain - set the Club back years (at a time it couldn't afford such a f... up).

Kids went ok, mistake not playing the Bolt.

Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #61
Why play a bloke with no tank surely Mick can't be that bloody stupid????
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #62
Tigers exposed all our newbies. If you were watching on tv and wondering who was on the richmond defenders running down the wing? The answer is Clem who was completely spent after one quarter and the tigers knew it and went through whoever he was near.

So why was he picked?
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #63
Tigers exposed all our newbies. If you were watching on tv and wondering who was on the richmond defenders running down the wing? The answer is Clem who was completely spent after one quarter and the tigers knew it and went through whoever he was near.

I wouldn't call blokes like Bell, Everitt and Tuohy newbies!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #64
I agree on Wood - he was OK against a pretty good opponent in Maric. Not our biggest worry tonight by a long shot.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #65

Clem isnt ready and we know he attacks the ball well but he doesnt have the pace of the game yet and needs some VFL games to find some footy and build confidence.

Reply #67
Mick blaming the loss on the injury of Thomas in his presser. Or a major reason behind the loss.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #68
Did anyone see him roasting Jaksch on the boundary in the third quarter??
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #69
So why was he picked?

Because Boekhorst didnt do enough to warrant a game either and looks too light for senior footy and Smith was probably seen as being more ready..

Reply #70
Agree...I thought Wood was ok and Maric is a quality opponent....not sure if a fit Kruezer would have done any better..

We've been down for so long that we don't know good footballers when we see them.
Wood has a good crack but he's a very ordinary footballer, if he was any good he'd still be at Collingwood.
We think that Casboult is a key forward, that Rowe is a key defender, that Footscray let good forwards go, that Henderson is a star and Ed Curnow is the best tagger in the business.
It's part of loving your footy club and I'm as guilty of it as the next bloke, but it's delusional.
We're a middle of the list team playing at our best and with a few injuries we're in deep trouble, it's tough to accept.
Kreuzer is no champion but he's twice the footballer Wood is.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #71
Effective hit outs are a different matter.
Well from where I sat, Wood was from from being the problem. Murphy, Henderson, 2E, Simpson, Curnow, Rowe, Jamison, Yarran, Everitt on the other hand.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #72
Mick blaming the loss on the injury of Thomas in his presser. Or a major reason behind the loss.

Mick has more to worry about than Daisy......needs a win next week to stop the rattling of the knives that are heading his way...

Reply #73
Did anyone see him roasting Jaksch on the boundary in the third quarter??

Were you surprised, he gave away a gazillion free kicks.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.