Skip to main content
Topic: Round 18 Carlton vs. North Melbourne Pre Game pronouncements! (Read 19769 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 18 Carlton vs. North Melbourne Pre Game pronouncements!

Reply #15
We most definitely could win this if our passengers in Yarran and Hendo would just put in. Oh and don't get me started on the backwards crap.
It's deliberate.

Annoying, but deliberate.

The backline will start to crumble now (as it did on Friday) as they realise the rest of the year is about them being placed under pressure deliberately.

Hope they realise the risk they are taking.

Brisbane are in on the act as well.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #16
I'm just wondering how many more #1 and first round draft picks we'll actually need before we become genuinely competitive?

We definitely need to start using our draft picks more wisely and to better develop the players we do draft.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #17
I'm just wondering how many more #1 and first round draft picks we'll actually need before we become genuinely competitive?

We definitely need to start using our draft picks more wisely and to better develop the players we do draft.

I think kruddler did a count, and (if my memory is correct) came up with 16 first round picks on our list (maybe this included Lucas and Judd, I'm not sure). If this figure is correct, and even if the number is 14 (minus Judd  + Lucas), it's a pretty high number.

How does this compare to other teams ?

It's staggering to think some people actually believe we still need more.

Reply #18
Ziebell, Dal Santo and Swallow are in excellent form, Goldstein is dominating, Petrie, Waite and Brown up forward are too much for us to handle and Lindsay Thomas hasn't kicked a goal for a month but usually slaughters us.
We'll need a miracle to get within 10 goals.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #19
My hope is that our coaching staff go into this game with a more offensive and bold mind-set.

If we go into this game with a 'minimize the loss' mentality then it will become a self fulfilling prophecy - the loss will happen.

We can win this.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #20
Ziebell, Dal Santo and Swallow are in excellent form, Goldstein is dominating, Petrie, Waite and Brown up forward are too much for us to handle and Lindsay Thomas hasn't kicked a goal for a month but usually slaughters us.
We'll need a miracle to get within 10 goals.

We are a strange club. We can suddenly put the wind up the opposition as the two South Australian sides found. Hopefully that Carlton fronts up although we are down alot on manpower.

Reply #21
My hope is that our coaching staff go into this game with a more offensive and bold mind-set.

If we go into this game with a 'minimize the loss' mentality then it will become a self fulfilling prophecy - the loss will happen.

We can win this.

Yeah nah.
No chance.

Might take the 17% interest on offer.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #22
The Roos won't let this slip. They'll be looking to consolidate their postion in the top eight.
They 'll come to play and will be very hard to beat. It will get ugly.
Just hope the boys put in a strong competitive effort and have a real go. That's all we can ask anything more is a miricale.
Ciao

Reply #24
Waite's 200th apparently.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-07-29/jarrad-waite-a-man-transformed-says-scott
I am sure Waite will get reported for doing something stupid. The only change he has made is to his Guernsey.
Maybe Chris Scott believes the drivel he exudes? Not many others ever have.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #25
Waite does something completely stupid and he will be let off the hook because of his new guernsey.  ::)
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #26
Wow Waite plays his 200th for another club. Tragic stuff.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #28
Who cares. .....

If Waite gets booed will there be a media enquiry ?
Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.