Skip to main content
Topic: Round 18 Carlton vs. North Melbourne Pre Game pronouncements! (Read 19766 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 18 Carlton vs. North Melbourne Pre Game pronouncements!

Reply #61
I don't reckon there will be a second half.

He'll be lucky to complete the first half.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #62
I would take Hendo any day of the week over Jones, even playing poorly as he is at the moment.

So far as I can tell, Jones can't mark, his leading and running patterns are ordinary, kicking is average, appears to have no tank and no second effort. The thing that really bugs me about him is his demeanor. He plays footy as if he's doing a great job, as if he's pleased with his efforts. I've never seen him filthy on himself, never see any agro, never

see any..... anything. I expect he's completely forgotten about the match as soon as he's in the car.

Incredibly irritating player for mine.
Absolutely nailed it re the "demeanor" he does do one thing a game , a mark, goal etc , and seems to be satisfied , done enough feeling , rest of the game seems like an exaggerated show of going through the motions with out any impact on the game.

Reply #63
Absolutely nailed it re the "demeanor" he does do one thing a game , a mark, goal etc , and seems to be satisfied , done enough feeling , rest of the game seems like an exaggerated show of going through the motions with out any impact on the game.

I don't think there's anything wrong with his attitude, I just don't think he's up to AFL standard.
Plenty of players play 40, 50 or 60 games then disappear, he's going to be one of them along with a few others currently in our senior side.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #64
Watching the North game from 2013 this morning and Watson actually played okay, his field kicking was superb.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!