Skip to main content
Topic: RD 1 - Blues Lose To Tigers (Aftermatch Angst & Teeth Gnashing) (Read 117597 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 1 - Blues Lose To Tigers (Aftermatch Angst & Teeth Gnashing)

Reply #195
It's funny that for a bloke who folk say "ran out of puff early" (and I'm not disputing that) that I thought Smith's last 5-10 minutes of the game were probably his best.

Maybe Malthouse made a mistake playing him and maybe not, but how many of our draft picks have played round one over the years?
Most of them have disappeared without a trace,  give the kid a break I reckon.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #196
Don't let the fact that Fev was completely off the rails and incapable of playing football in 2011 get in the way of a good story.

Doesn't happen if he stays with us. His trading was what made him go off the rails. IMO.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #197
Doesn't happen if he stays with us. His trading was what made him go off the rails. IMO.

He was already off the rails.... He would have been better going to an established team like Geelong, Collingwood, or Hawthorn.

Anyway, I reckon I'll turn grey next week if we put in another performance like that.

Reply #198
Maybe Malthouse made a mistake playing him and maybe not, but how many of our draft picks have played round one over the years?
Most of them have disappeared without a trace,  give the kid a break I reckon.

Will be interesting to see if he gets another gig. Mick typically gives a taste and if they don't make a decent contribution they're back in the twos.

Reply #199
Will be interesting to see if he gets another gig. Mick typically gives a taste and if they don't make a decent contribution they're back in the twos.

Clem will be back... but maybe not next week. I'd bring tutt in to replace him. With that said. Clem wasn't meant to play the whole game.

and Boekhurst in for Daisy....

Reply #200
Jeez sometimes stats can be deceptive, Bell was statistically our best! :o

Does anybody agree with that stat?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #201
The Blainester must play next week no doubt.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #202

Anybody agree?

I will use those stats shamelessly to defend him later in the season  :))

Reply #203

Thomas is gone so there's one running spot and there aren't any A graders lining up for it.
Boekhurst or Buckley I guess but nothing to get too excited about,  if they start picking Ellard again I'm off to Yemen.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #204
Thomas is gone so there's one running spot and there aren't any A graders lining up for it.
Boekhurst or Buckley I guess but nothing to get too excited about,  if they start picking Ellard again I'm off to Yemen.

inadvisable  :D

Reply #205
When will we learn though. Of all teams, I reckon we must be the highest of having to ring a sub on in the first quarter. Have to be prepared, someone to have an impact but can play 120 minutes.

Richmond got there's spot on. Elite runner who can had an impact.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #206

Does anybody agree with that stat?

I had him in our best 4 or 5, even when the game was shot he was still attacking.

Reply #207
I had him in our best 4 or 5, even when the game was shot he was still attacking.
Bell was far from our worst. Even with his mistakes and turnovers, he was more effective than most of the team.
My God, that is frightening!
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #208

So were his opponents, he nearly attacked as much as they did! ;)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #209
Bell was far from our worst. Even with his mistakes and turnovers, he was more effective than most of the team.
My God, that is frightening!

He looks untidy but I think he's a good player in the making.