Skip to main content
Topic: 2016 - Rnd 1 Carlton vs Richmond (Read 78288 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2016 - Rnd 1 Carlton vs Richmond

Reply #76
Trying to pick a side for round 1.

Byrne Jammo Touhy
Simmo Weitering Docherty
Boekhorst Cripps E.Curnow
C.Curnow Casboult Kerridge
Walker Rowe Buckley

Kreuzer Murphy Gibbs

Thomas Wright Graham Everitt

Just a bit of a guess.
Fair effort that, Rowe is a worry based on NAB form but we have nothing else so....
Murphy will be rusty as feck if he plays, Im still hearing he won't but hope he does.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #77
Fair effort that, Rowe is a worry based on NAB form but we have nothing else so....
Murphy will be rusty as feck if he plays, Im still hearing he won't but hope he does.

Rowe's a big worry but just want another big bloke down there to take the heat off Casboult. He was the best I could find. They can both ruck too so don't need to pick a 2nd ruckman.

Reply #78
Trying to pick a side for round 1.

Byrne Jammo Touhy
Simmo Weitering Docherty
Boekhorst Cripps E.Curnow
C.Curnow Casboult Kerridge
Walker Rowe Buckley

Kreuzer Murphy Gibbs

Thomas Wright Graham Everitt

Just a bit of a guess.

I think that is a pretty good guess laj. Pretty much how I would go also.

I like Rowe forward to start to get them on the back foot but if that doesn't work and if needed down back then make the move. But forward and relief ruck is the only way he stays in the team I think and I prefer him in that role to our other rucks to be honest.

Buckley forward is another one I really like and have been screaming for, has speed, good tackling pressure and a bit of agro which we need in our forward line. He brings x factor which our forward line lacks otherwise. 

Reply #80
Really? I count 1
You don't remember it was just 5 years ago we had 3 blokes who kicked 50 goals in a season, plus there was Waite as well. They are all gone, bar Walker, and playing good footy at other clubs

Between the one's we lost they near enough kicked more goals between them last year than what we kicked as a collective unit. Forgotten that?

Reply #81
You don't remember it was just 5 years ago we had 3 blokes who kicked 50 goals in a season, plus there was Waite as well. They are all gone, bar Walker, and playing good footy at other clubs

Between the one's we lost they near enough kicked more goals between them last year than what we kicked as a collective unit. Forgotten that?

They left us.

The only one we kicked out was Garlett as it turns out.

Fev left us and Sticks asked him to reconsider.
Betts left us, and went to Adelaide by choice.
Waite left us, and went to North by choice.
Henderson who could kick 20 a year left us by choice.
Bell left us by choice.

All of them wanted out more than we wanted them to leave and none of them will be around when we are playing finals next anyway.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #82
They left us.

Bell left us by choice.

All of them wanted out more than we wanted them to leave and none of them will be around when we are playing finals next anyway.
Didn't include Fev, he was gone lone before.

Betts would've stayed for the right money, said so himself. A few left due to the place being toxic, other's like Garlett and Robbo (equal B&F at Brisbane) got kicked out. A better culture and they would all be here including Henderson, and playing better football.

Ahh well, the rebuild and change of direction will do us good. Probably best.

Reply #83

Boys, lets stop looking in the rear view mirror. Look forward and enjoy the ride, it may be rough at times but it will make the success ahead sweeter. Things are on the up, the direction has changed and the path appears solid and sound. Our youth seem exciting, feck the past, its not worth wasting energy on.
Go Blues.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #84
Buckley  Jammo  Weitering
Touhy     Rowe   Docherty 
 Boekhurst    Gibbs  Simpson
Thomas   C. Curnow Walker
Kerridge  Casboult   Everitt

Kruezer  Cripps  Murphy

Graham  E Curnow  Wright  Phillips

Just thinking out loud!!

Reply #85
Thomas wouldn't be in my 22 and Everitt is only there based on last year... His NAB cup efforts have been putrid.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #86

And what did they do before we gave them away?
How was Garlet?
Was Waite and Garlet going to win us a flag? No!
We need to grow up and move on.
We gave Fev away too remember?
But it had to be done.
I'm glad Betts is gone. Great player but we need a clean out.
Three years not three minutes.
Is it going to be slow and painful? You bet it is.
Would Garlet and Waite have won us a few games? Who knows.
I want us winning flags not coming 7-10. That's for Richmond.

Reply #87
They left us.

Bell left us by choice.

Remember that's according to Fev on a "reality" TV show.

There was never any chance that the club would have gone back on its decision to cut Fev adrift.  There would have been a walkout of players if the club had backed down.

It's also very clear that Betts would have stayed if we had paid him what he was worth and allowed him to play to his ability.

Anyway, we've been over this ad nauseum; the club's recent list management stinks and Laidler's performance on Friday was sad evidence of that  >:(
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #88
but I think C Curnow is a mid-fielder.

Totally disagree. He is every bit a full forward.

Obviously he has elite endurance but that is the only midfielderish thing about him.

Looking at our list it is absolutely critical that he becomes a key forward.

Could SOSOS become a senior player this year as a goal-sneak? Apart from Weitering he looks the most natural footballer of our recruits.

Not good heading into the year a looking at holes in our first team you can drive a truck through.

Reply #89
Remember that's according to Fev on a "reality" TV show.

There was never any chance that the club would have gone back on its decision to cut Fev adrift.  There would have been a walkout of players if the club had backed down.

It's also very clear that Betts would have stayed if we had paid him what he was worth and allowed him to play to his ability.

Anyway, we've been over this ad nauseum; the club's recent list management stinks and Laidler's performance on Friday was sad evidence of that  >:(

DJC I am ensuring that we don't look at these blokes as perfect little soldiers who we got rid of.

They weren't.   Good footballers when they wanted to be and some of them still are.

I place the responsibility for these guys firmly on the club who have not fostered a jumper and team first environment.  Resulting in players doing their own thing and leaving us.

Aside from that, we didn't chase them out, they left for more money, or better chances at a premiership or in some cases simply to get out of our footy club.

It's what we are all here for.  Our footy club, and it's become clear to me that Bolton may be the only coach who has been interested in building for the long term benefit of our club than any coach we have had since parkin and largely because of our footy clubs administration.

The others were too busy looking over their shoulders or patting themselves on the back to put themselves second to our clubs future which Is the underlying reason they all got sacked but that was the environment of our footy club.  All we had yo do was back in the senior coach and the rest would take care of itself.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson