Skip to main content
Topic: 2016 - Rnd 1 Carlton vs Richmond (Read 78324 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2016 - Rnd 1 Carlton vs Richmond

Reply #105
Wouldnt call Thomas a wheel, given his output so far its more like losing a dust cap off a valve....like to see Byrne considered for his spot..

Has Byrne got the rookie upgrade for McKay?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #106
Wouldnt call Thomas a wheel, given his output so far its more like losing a dust cap off a valve....like to see Byrne considered for his spot..

Byrne for Thomas would be a positive  :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #108
Byrne for Thomas would be a positive  :)
x2
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #109
B: Tuohy, Jamison, Weitering
Hb: Docherty, Rowe, Simpson
C: Thomas, Cripps, Gibbs
Hf: Lamb, Everitt, Buckley
F: Wright, Casboult, Walker
Foll: Kreuzer, Kerridge
Rov: Murphy
I/c: Boekhorst, E.Curnow, Graham, Phillips
Emg: Byrne, Gorringe, Gallucci, Whiley

Don't need a 2nd ruck. None of the back ups are any good maybe with exception of Wood. Play Rowe forward with Casboult, it'll at least take some pressure off the latter, then we have a couple of back ups for Kreuzer. Even if Rowe struggles he'll take a man and take some heat of Casboult. Not sure how Casboult would cope as the no.1 forward with multiple defenders going to him. Goes pretty well as a no.2 forward with rucking, not sure as a full time no.1.

Reply #110
Don't need a 2nd ruck. None of the back ups are any good maybe with exception of Wood. Play Rowe forward with Casboult, it'll at least take some pressure off the latter, then we have a couple of back ups for Kreuzer. Even if Rowe struggles he'll take a man and take some heat of Casboult. Not sure how Casboult would cope as the no.1 forward with multiple defenders going to him. Goes pretty well as a no.2 forward with rucking, not sure as a full time no.1.

Casboult is jumping a lot but not having much impact, momentarily Gorringe offered more last match so who losses out?

I suspect Casboult gets to stay but it must be 50/50.

Also historically Hampson does alright against SpecialK in the center so who else do we try, have Gorringe or Philips done OK against Hampson? Philips in the center might be a good option against Hampson because I am not sure Hampson can get first hand on the ball against Philips. Around the ground Kreuzer should have Hampson covered.

If we think Maric is going to play Kreuzer is our only option.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #111
Casboult is jumping a lot but not having much impact, momentarily Gorringe offered more last match so who losses out?

I suspect Casboult gets to stay but it must be 50/50.

Also historically Hampson does alright against SpecialK so who else do we try, have Gorringe or Philips done OK against Hampson?

Casboult's a certainty at this stage. Only key forward we have available. Gorringe offers nothing and certainly not going to play in Casboult's spot as a key forward. play Casboult further up the ground as he is better when he has room to move around. If we play a 2nd ruck would much prefer Wood. No matter what anyone says he has shown something at least and our best actual marking ruckman.

Hampson likely to play? Happy to back Kreuzer against him if he does. Hampson isn't very good these days. Never been great but he's worse now.

Reply #112
momentarily Gorringe offered more last match so who losses out?

Gorringe who touched the ball once in the first minute and then for the rest of the game had another 1?

Gorringe has no idea where to go to even get into a contest. Leads away from space. Runs behind his opponent when a fast break is on... cannot possibly be in our best 22.

Phillips was WAY better against Sydney than he had been previously but still not as good as Wood.

Reply #113
C: Boekhorst, Cripps, Gibbs
Hf: Lamb, Everitt, Graham
I/c: Buckley, E.Curnow, Phillips, Whiley
Emg: Byrne, Gorringe, Gallucci

***Modified with Thomas out suspended.

Reply #114
C: Boekhorst, Cripps, Gibbs
Hf: Lamb, Everitt, Graham
I/c: Buckley, E.Curnow, Phillips, Whiley
Emg: Byrne, Gorringe, Gallucci

***Modified with Thomas out suspended.

C.Curnow gets a game for me ahead of Lamb or Everitt.

Is Armfield ready, always seems to give the tigers trouble.
What happened to my old profile?????

Reply #115
With a complete lack of goal kickers , Everitt needs to play , as much as I want C Curnow to get some game time we need to have some type of proven options to goal

Reply #116
There still seems to be some doubt as to whether Murph will play - heard it in passing on SEN earlier - not sure who said it.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #117
C.Curnow gets a game for me ahead of Lamb or Everitt.

Is Armfield ready, always seems to give the tigers trouble.

The season opener is usually a pretty hot contest, is it the right game to be playing a bunch of kids?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #118
The season opener is usually a pretty hot contest, is it the right game to be playing a bunch of kids?

I can't see Lamb being dropped after his game vs. Sydney where he was pretty good.

C Curnow will play but in place of Gorringe not Lamb.

Everitt wasn't in the starting team vs. Syd and has been played out of position (backline) in the NAB cup so either BB does a backflip and puts him back in the forward line or he will play VFL I'd think. You couldn't select him based on his atrocious backline efforts where he was a liability.

Reply #119
I can't see Lamb being dropped after his game vs. Sydney where he was pretty good.

C Curnow will play but in place of Gorringe not Lamb.

Everitt wasn't in the starting team vs. Syd and has been played out of position (backline) in the NAB cup so either BB does a backflip and puts him back in the forward line or he will play VFL I'd think. You couldn't select him based on his atrocious backline efforts where he was a liability.

Lamb has 7 possies vs the Swans and dropped a few easy marks IMO..I thought  he was ordinary, laid a few tackles but didnt hit the scoreboard and had no effect on the game.
I think he needs a few games in the NB's to get some touch....Matthew Wright is way ahead of him IMO.
Agree on Everitt, woeful down back and is about as hard as a maccas soft serve on a 40 degree day....he should start in the NB's but wont IMO as he can convert from limited opportunities and we dont have many players who can kick straight and kick multiple goals..