Skip to main content
Topic: 2016 - Rnd 1 Carlton vs Richmond (Read 78302 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2016 - Rnd 1 Carlton vs Richmond

Reply #180
This 22 a far better team (and throw in Kerridge for Dennis or Dale)!

B: Dylan Buckley, Sam Rowe, Sam Docherty

HB: Kade Simpson, Michael Jamison, Zach Tuohy

C: Bryce Gibbs, Patrick Cripps, Matthew Wright

HF: Dennis Armfield, Charlie Curnow, Dale Thomas

F: Andrejs Everitt, Levi Casboult, Andrew Walker

R: Matthew Kreuzer, Ed Curnow, Marc Murphy

I: Nick Graham, Blaine Boekhorst, Lachie Plowman, Jacob Weitering
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #181
From Triple M, i just gott say this 22 doesn't strike fear in my mind (noting that we are not world beaters).

B: Dylan Grimes, Troy Chaplin, Nick Vlastuin

HB: Chris Yarran, Alex Rance, Bachar Houli

C: Brett Deledio, Dustin Martin, Shaun Grigg
..................................................................................

Why is Yazz listed ?

Reply #182
it was their theoretical best 22 without excluding injured players in the present.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #183
it was their theoretical best 22 without excluding injured players in the present.

I see. Thanks.

I thought it was some sort of form guide as to the actual R1 teams.

Reply #184
What about adding Simon White to the forward line maybe CHF , has kicked goals on occasion , think of using him as a lead up player, would allow Levi to stay at home in the square.

Reply #185
White does need a position. It's ok to be flexible but at some point you need to hold down a proper position. Permanently flicking around between forward back wing tagger..

Reply #186
Would Like to see him tried there for a few weeks, as you say Jeza , needs a position, maybe it could be his, nobody else is really putting there hand up, till maybe McKay is back on board at least. Can't see Philips , Goringe , KJ as options? Maybe only Rowe is really left ?

Reply #187
Would Like to see him tried there for a few weeks, as you say Jeza , needs a position, maybe it could be his, nobody else is really putting there hand up, till maybe McKay is back on board at least. Can't see Philips , Goringe , KJ as options? Maybe only Rowe is really left ?

Not a bad idea RB for White to fill in there for a few weeks - despite White's limitations I would MUCH rather him than Jones atm. Give Jones a run of a few games in the VFL with a few specific targets to achieve to see how he goes.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #188
At least he would give us some grunt up there , can take a grab, kick a goal,and has some energy which we lack some much off.

Reply #189
Poor poor Jon Jon Malphy Ralphy Walphy is a bit complainy wainy again in The Huny Wuny.   ::)

Apparently the big bad Carlty warlty made Yazzy Wazzy too fatty watty, lazzy wazzy and sicky wicky.  :o

Then when the nicey wicey, goody woody, 9thy winey made Yazzy Wazzy all better wetter he got a painy wainy and had to have a needly weedly! Awwww, so sad! :(

I didn't see any reference to Carlton making Yarran overweight. They just said he came back from training 7KG overweight.

Reply #190
I didn't see any reference to Carlton making Yarran overweight. They just said he came back from training 7KG overweight.

Not when he returned from training, when he "Arrived at 9thmond"

Sunday Score: Chris Yarran was overweight when he joined Richmond

RICHMOND conceded on Friday Chris Yarran hadn’t arrived at the club in a satisfactory state for pre-season training.

Plenty of figures have been bandied around but the one from inside the club is that he was 7kg overweight when he rocked up.

Make no mistake, it's Ralph deflecting the 9thmond fans who are unhappy with Yarran's recruitment to 9thmond and pegging the blame on Carlton. This comes just a few days after they published a story saying Yarran had struggled with Plantar Fascia for "several years", again deflecting blame to Carlton.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #191
Not when he returned from training, when he "Arrived at 9thmond"

Make no mistake, it's Ralph deflecting the 9thmond fans who are unhappy with Yarran's recruitment to 9thmond and pegging the blame on Carlton. This comes just a few days after they published a story saying Yarran had struggled with Plantar Fascia for "several years", again deflecting blame to Carlton.
Fargum.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #192
Can't see how this article insinuates or suggests Carlton is to blame for anything.

Reply #193
More importantly, Deledio looks like missing the first two games!

It's interesting to read the Richmond statement on Yarran's situation.  They say that he had worked hard over the break and was in prime condition before the calf injury.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #194
I would be more inclined to play White back where he seems more comfortable and even be tempted to play him on Jack just to annoy the crap out of him and crunch him fairly every time they go near the ball and play Rowe forward.Wietering could take the yabby Vickery and Jamo the other tall forward.White has at least got some mongrel in him and wont be pushed around,and has got the ability to play tall,White seems a much better player when he is assigned a task rather than being just sent out to play.