Skip to main content
Topic: 2016 - Rnd 1 Carlton vs Richmond (Read 78323 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2016 - Rnd 1 Carlton vs Richmond

Reply #255
None of them are world beaters, but they can all kick a goal in the right situations. 

I could probably kick a goal in the right situation as well.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #256
I could probably kick a goal in the right situation as well.

Thats what im hoping for.

We wont win by dominating the key forward posts, it will happen by using the ball well which will set up scoring situations.

Lol @ Jones kicking a goal.

Believe it or not, he has averaged one per game in his afl career and is on 7 in 9 matches with us in what was a wooden spoon year.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #257
Lack of midfield depth?

Hmmm. How many does any one team play at any one time?

Murphy
Crippa
Gibbs
Curnow
Graham
Kerridge
Wright
Boekhurst
Thomas
Cuningham
Tutt
Whiley
Sumner
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/afl-2016-collingwood-has-more-midfielders-than-any-other-afl-club-but-are-they-any-good/news-story/4bfa7afe898c7170ee7e010bba0a6000
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #258

Thats what im hoping for.

We wont win by dominating the key forward posts, it will happen by using the ball well which will set up scoring situations.

Believe it or not, he has averaged one per game in his afl career and is on 7 in 9 matches with us in what was a wooden spoon year.
From an outsider looking in, it seems Jones's issues are between the ears (ie confidence). Some blokes who are normally mild mannered cross that white line and go feral turning into Superman. Liam Jones seems to cross the white line and go from Clark Kent to Bashful (from Snow White and Seven Dwarfs).
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #259

Which goes to show that you can make a case for just about anything!

I like the idea of Jones playing, surely he can compete for us and perhaps slot a goal or two. But we know in reality he ends up having little impact in any facet of the game, he looks like a goose and we all get depressed watching him play... It's just not worth it.

Reply #260
From an outsider looking in, it seems Jones's issues are between the ears (ie confidence). Some blokes who are normally mild mannered cross that white line and go feral turning into Superman. Liam Jones seems to cross the white line and go from Clark Kent to Bashful (from Snow White and Seven Dwarfs).

That and he is terrible at Football.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #261
Which goes to show that you can make a case for just about anything!

I like the idea of Jones playing, surely he can compete for us and perhaps slot a goal or two. But we know in reality he ends up having little impact in any facet of the game, he looks like a goose and we all get depressed watching him play... It's just not worth it.

The bloke has kicked a bag of 4 (and took some great contested marks) against (i think) the Pies a few seasons back.....so he can do it - just need to locate and lower the right levers!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #262

Sorry mate, his issues are that he can't play.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #264
Sorry mate, his issues are that he can't play.
Yeah there is that too. However you can be terrible at footy but can show some effort and desire, he shows zilch which is what I meant.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #265
Yeah there is that too. However you can be terrible at footy but can show some effort and desire, he shows zilch which is what I meant.

Ah yes I see what you mean, yes he can't play but his confidence is shot as well.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #266
jones on the lead from goal square, bolt chf , must NOT let tigerrets run the ball out  from our fwd line with ease our fwds must put pressure (thats all)

Reply #267
Yep - unless our mids can hit the scoreboard constantly.....we're absolutely forked......

Worst forward line in living memory......
We have a forward line??? Really where did we find it?

Reply #268

I thought that Jones showed plenty of effort and desire against the Bombers in the NAB Challenge.  He just couldn't get near the footy.   ???
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #269
I thought that Jones showed plenty of effort and desire against the Bombers in the NAB Challenge.  He just couldn't get near the footy.   ???

Yes, unfortunately, that is one of his problems. We've been hearing for a while now about the effort, the desire, the cracking pre seasons, the "training the house down"......................It doesn't seem to translate into much on the field.