Skip to main content
Topic: 2019 VFL Rd 2: Northern Blues vs Geelong at Geelong (Read 10982 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2019 VFL Rd 2: Northern Blues vs Geelong at Geelong

Reply #60
The kind of player who could be very useful but yet another perennially injured pick up.  A footballer moreso than a athlete.  My Geelong supporting mate says he gets leather poisoning but coming off bad foot injuries.....which started as a junior and they are so often career terminal.   His body shape and attitude concern as well - how badly does he want it? Can he get fit enough?

Reminds me in a lot of ways of Heath Scotland, who took a while to get himself sorted out as well but became a very valuable player with his positional flexibility,  nous and ball use.

Yes, it's a tough situation, because the MC will be trying to judge Lang's head-space more than anything else!

The worry is that he was a reluctant resident to start with!

Not wanting to taint any players, I've a mate who worries about the apparent lack of success of Geelong trades, not just at Carlton but across the AFL in general. Well not really their lack of success, but why they seem to over achieve while at the Handbaggers, like the Handbaggers have some magic potion, it must be the Bellarine air! ;)
The Force Awakens!