Skip to main content
Topic: "Blues Must 'Have A Hard Look At Themselves" - AFL.COM.AU (Read 19966 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: "Blues Must 'Have A Hard Look At Themselves" - AFL.COM.AU

Reply #1
maybe Sav Rocca can teach Levi to kick.   Hard task ahead I say

Reply #2
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-04-13/take-a-hard-look

All sounded a bit wishy washy as usual - not a lot in that to inspire me.

Interestingly it stated that yet another ex Maggie has joined the club, this time the big Saveloy, Sav Rocca no less, as part time goalkicking coach for Levi.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #3
Why?

The coach has written them off.

They are not good enough, Micks already told us.

Judds our only mid, Micks already told us.

No more self examination required. Just sign MM up for 10 years and screw everyone off.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #4
We need to put in a good show. You can't have the captain come out like that then whimper away.

Reply #5
Sorry,  but is getting Sav proof of how incompetent our club is. 

This bloke was not the most accurate kick going around in his day.

FFS.  Get Fev to the club.  Had one of the best kicking actions out of all the
forwards I have every seen.  

Don't get it. 

If I knew how to inbed circus music in this post I would. 

Reply #6
Sorry,  but is getting Sav proof of how incompetent our club is. 

This bloke was not the most accurate kick going around in his day.

Don't get it. 

If I knew how to inbed circus music in this post I would.

more collingwood ...this is just getting worse ... :-\ :-\

Reply #7
All sounded a bit wishy washy as usual - not a lot in that to inspire me.

Interestingly it stated that yet another ex Maggie has joined the club, this time the big Saveloy, Sav Rocca no less, as part time goalkicking coach for Levi.

I don't mind if it doesn't inspire you Cookie, but I will mind if Murphy and the other leaders don't put a rocket up most of the blokes (as well as each other!).  I will also be looking forward to Murphy's comments about taggers being put into action.

Employing Sav as kicking coach is interesting.  My first thoughts were along the lines of another ex-Collingwood bloke and one who has been out of the game for a while.  However, he was reasonably accurate (around 50%), he successfully changed his kicking to meet NFL requirements, and his NFL career only ended in 2013.  I just hope he's a good teacher.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #8
Rocca was a bloody good set shot with a simple, consistent action.  We could do worse.  At least it is  BIG man teaching goal kicking, not some nimble ex midfielder.  I have no dramas with this appointment.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #9
Actuallly, all joshing aside, I think that getting Sav to work closely with Levi is a very good idea. As already stated, let's hope he's a good teacher, and that Levi is, correspondingly, a good student.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #10

This!!
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #11
I bet they see it like this!

The Force Awakens!

Reply #12
you have to wonder why the appointment is made AFTER the season has started....

It's hardly a new problem!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #13
First it is good we finally have a kicking coach, whether Sav is the right guy or not we will find out. There are never any guarantees in this sort of thing. secondly, looking in the mirror is a good thing if you are doing an honest self assessment, it is not much good if you are a bunch of narcissists or if you are into self loathing. What we need is for a bunch of players who go in and win the ball and do not have number 5 on there back.

Reply #14
First it is good we finally have a kicking coach, whether Sav is the right guy or not we will find out. There are never any guarantees in this sort of thing. secondly, looking in the mirror is a good thing if you are doing an honest self assessment, it is not much good if you are a bunch of narcissists or if you are into self loathing. What we need is for a bunch of players who go in and win the ball and do not have number 5 on there back.

No creativity with 4 taggers and defensive mids.

Tag Judd we lose because there are no other ball getters.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................