Skip to main content
Topic: Round 15 Post Game Thread - Blues v Tigers  (Read 50011 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 15 Post Game Thread - Blues v Tigers

Reply #15
Can someone explain FA to me... Apparently higher clubs pinch players from lower postioned clubs, who get picks to help them rebuild.

So we lose our only true forward, who apparently wasn't worth any compensation....

Is it just me or is the AFL toying with us?

Yes! You just worked that out? :o
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #16
Interesting to see what the MRP does with Vickery. The guy's an absolute tosser.

Went out of his way to bump, never had eyes for the ball, in fact - ball was 50 metres away.  Jamo wasn't looking and couldn't protect himself. Weak as p!ss, low dog act.

Surely it's time for us to get on the front foot and express our disgust BEFORE some lame excuse or non-action from the AFL.  As plenty of other forum members have said - we've become the soft touch club.

Even though Jamo's concussion wasn't an accident - has there ever been a club who's lost a crucial player inside the opening few minutes of a game as many times as Carlton has?
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #17
Last couple of games we played unsociable football, but today we were sociable  :o
Richmond were just plain dirty tonight

Reply #18
So behind the play = intentional, straight to tribunal.

Intentional, high contact and high impact, plus poor record.

Six weeks you mangy dog.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #19
I can't believe the commentators on channel 7 saying Vickery on Jamo shoulder block to the head was a complete accident and only the head connected. Clearly the shoulder strikes the head of Jamo as Vickery blocks or uses a sceening technique to fend jamo away from the contest.

Then in incident numer 2, Kreuzer goes for a contest and accidentally strikes Vickery in the mouth with his elbow. This is deemed to be a worry because it knocked a tooth out of his mouth. He never looked at Vickery and never tried to strike him. Complete accident.

As for the mark that wasn't given to Kreuzer. he towers over his opponent by 10cm. Leaps 10cm higher than the man in front. Longer arms have him fully extended and nearly 12 inches above his opponent taking the ball. How does the man in front get paid the mark when he scoops the ball out of his hands.

Yet Vickery attempts a mark in the last quarter and only touches the ball for a split second once and drops the ball. Yet he is paid the mark. The umpires got it wrong on so many occasions tonight. no wonder we lost confidence early in the game. I feel sorry for Barker as we were never a chance tonight. We were out numbered on the field. Maggots+Tigers was never going to work our way once we lost Jamo in the first quarter.

Hardwick better not be happy with this game. his side isn't that good and will be exposed before the season ends. Umpires won't always give a one sided affair when it comes to free kicks.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #20
Not having much luck with injuries at the moment.

Last week we lose Cripps and Everitt and Rowe pre-game.

This week we still don't get Rowe back, lose Jamo in the first 10 minutes...Gibbs looks like he hurt his pec, Murphy is carrying a hip/stomach/rib injury. White hyperextended his knee....and i think someone else went down at some stage.

This, together with our awful efforts in front of goal has cost us 2 weeks in a row.

Reply #21

This week we still don't get Rowe back, lose Jamo in the first 10 minutes...Gibbs looks like he hurt his pec, Murphy is carrying a hip/stomach/rib injury. White hyperextended his knee....and i think someone else went down at some stage.

This, together with our awful efforts in front of goal has cost us 2 weeks in a row.

Does this mean we are not far off the mark?  :o ;)

Reply #22
I think that we are actually starting to get a true feel of how good/bad our list is, as they are now, as a group, obviously trying.

The next step is to grow the depth of the club, as we are showed up when our best 22 aren't around - no club ever has them all available.

Tonight, as per the last few weeks, effort and endeavour have generally been fine.  Skills and decision making on the other hand...

Reply #23
Pathetic effort and probably a coach killer..never looked in the game and our skills were deplorable...
Richmond intimidated us physically..Martin and Vickery frighten our blokes and have for the past few seasons..
Reiwoldt and Vickery had it easy but I'm not blaming the undersized White and newbie Fields...the latter was ok IMO and looks a promising player
unless we continue to play him on blokes who are much bigger like the thug Vickery.

Everitt pulled the handbrake on a couple of contests and should be dropped but wont be as he is one of our few players with some decent skills..
Henderson was weak and hopeless down forward and Rance smashed him in the air and on the ground..anyone who thinks Henderson is a better forward than backman needs to go to specsavers...

Menzel was a non event, weak attack on the ball and tries to look for the easy outside kick too much instead of initiating play...
Yarran as a defender is hopeless.....too weak in the air and too soft in the head to have anywhere the goals you are trying defend..he has zero interest and will be on the trade market...

Kruezer tried hard and earned his money although his old mate Hampson was his equal....

Murphy tried but just gets hammered every week and will be punchy by the end of season if he keeps getting clobbered...he got some footy but didnt impact much..

Gibbs the human man bun was just ok but nothing special..and soft at times, lacks impact when he has the ball and doesnt create enough for his mates..

Buckley...showed some courage and battled on...

Tutt.....my German Shepherd would have more idea about laying a tackle and dragging a player down.......how many more years do we have to go with Tutt?

Simpson....just went and was under pressure most of the night...

Bell......very ordinary ineffectual  evening..

Curnow..worked/ran  hard but his kicking is woeful

Wood....battled but ineffectual like most of his teammates..

Holman.....attacks the ball ok but raw in terms of nous but does contest well..

Carrazzo...not our worst and looked more assured than most...

Armfield...didnt get near the footy most of the night and when he did was poor..

Casboult...couple of goals with some straight kicks but is hopeless at ground level and needs to work harder..

Cripps....went ok but had no help and the Tigers gave him the treatment like they did Murphy but the young bloke has the size to absorb
the punishment and was one of our better players IMO....

Jamo...cleaned up off the ball  by the thug Vickery who should get a long lay off but probably wont......

Umpiring.....biased, inconsistent, and had no idea for the entire game, paid frees and marks that were not there and missed the obvious ones...
They did look after Trent Cotchin though and I hope he is buying them dinner this week as they looked after him very well

Reply #25

...and just reported that Armfield may have a broken arm.

Reply #26

Armfield.
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #27
An ugly, ugly game that was not helped by the appalling umpiring, but having said that, some of our players find new ways to embarrass themselves every time they step out on the park. Here are a few primes examples:

Carrazzo - 25 metres out to put us within 18 points and put pressure on the Tigers and maybe some belief in his team mates. Instead of kicking truly, he shanks it like a typical Carrazzo effort and is lucky to score a behind

Tutt - 20 metres out directly in front. Could start some momentum for the team. Hmmmm, nah, not for Tutt, he thinks a behind will better service our needs. Should never wear the Carlton Guernsey again. I've seen enough! It's not pretty and not going to get any better

Yarran - Turn over merchant extraordinaire. Fu(k me, if you don't want to play, just fu(kin' leave. You will save alot of peoples televisions from being destroyed. In fact, just p!ss off! You only play when you want to, not when the team needs you. Silky skills my ar5e!

Hendo - My God! Has Rance got photos of you in a compromising position? You do realise he IS the opposition and you're there to provide a contest. Geelong can have him, I've seen enough

Bryce - Just the name now incites anger within me. I immediately think flog and turnover merchant. When was the last time you hit a target? Another 4 more years of this tripe to look forward to.... Greeeeat, I'm definitely looking forward to your electrifying attack on the ball and team play............. <sarcasm off>

That is just a snippet that comes to mind, there was so much more and I'm sure I could have written a 50 page essay outlining the short comings of this team. I can't remember the skills of a side being that bad. This is below VFL level and it's not like the Tigers were putting on massive pressure. Imagine what's going to happen when we play Fremantle.

The club will need to provide diapers instead of undies before they go out onto the ground otherwise there's going to be one huge bio-hazard to clean up from every CFC player crapping themselves every time the ball is near.

I'm so over this and sick of starting off my weekend having watched the crap they've dished up. Apart from Cripps, they're all tradeable as far as I'm concerned. A bigger pack of softco(cks you will not see in your lifetime. I'm officially embarrassed to be a supporter of this club.
Drugs are bad, mmmkay...

Reply #28
Whilst richmond are not top 4 imo...its a good side and our list has been exposed...guys like fields holman buckley must be perservered...

Where do we start?

We cant have a defence of thouy buckley and simmo...too small light for all 3...

Carozzo...stamp papers

Menzel...put a godam rocket up.him....no intensity nor elite fitness

Henderson...very soft at times with no strength when marking

Kruezer ...great around ground but was beat by hampson in ruck

Murphy. ..was targeted...I have great respect for our captain...we need some hard nut to protect.him more....

Reply #29
Bloody well said Spanner, couldn't agree with you more.
We are definately one of if not the softest teams in the comp. It would not surprise me if Brycey boy has feigned his pec injury so he does not have to face the Hawks and Freo and embarrass himself with his soft c €$k game.
PS Pinning a guys arms and slinging him to the ground head first does not make you a tough player.